BadAim's Warn Appeal

BadAim

Your In-game Name: BadAim

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:81238702

The admin's name in-game: Sparkle

The admin's steam name: [GL] RDSparkle

What warning did you receive: Prop Minge (as D-class)

When did you receive this warning: 8/15/2020

Why do you think this warn was false: There are 2 things that are done when the elevator breaks: Either a player calls staff, or they put a prop down, and send someone to the top of the elevator to press the button (which fixes it). I decided to do the latter of which as it was much faster, and after I had done so and the elevator had been fixed, I had been brought to a room and been told that what I did was considered prop minging. He then informed me that a player had already called staff to fix the elevator (how would I be aware of this), because of this, and that I was a 2 time offender for prop minging, he was going to issue a warning. This whole situation is beyond ridiculous, as this is very commonly done as the elevator usually breaks plenty of times every day. I fail to see where I am at fault here and I think that this is ridiculous

Evidence the warning is false: Anyone who plays Class-D can tell you how common this is to done.

Any extra information: Sparkle said that a warning I had received 1 year ago for an unrelated situation made him believe that I was a 2 time offender for prop minging.

Edited by BadAim
  • Like 1

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

+/-Support, leaning to +

It is still prop minging to spawn a prop in D-block as a D-class. A staff member can always fix the elevator, but yes, this happens a lot. Usually I see nobody caring, but I guess somebody cared enough to report it. This is usually a easy fix that you in most intentions wanted to help!

Edit: Just realized, no matter what it's a warn, so I'm keeping it at a plus but you still should've waited for staff, but the warn getting removed can be ok.

Edited by [GL] loudyfam (Jack S)
  • Like 1

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

I had a very strong feeling you would post this.

So I received a sit to fix the elevator in D-block. Normal stuff with that elevator. In that process, I see a chair being flown up past the elevator with a D-Class in seat. I traced the chair to Mr. BadAim and executed the sit. His justification was that "I've seen other people do it all the time" which I felt was not valid whatsoever. He also claims "if I knew the sit was submitted, I wouldn't have done it". Seeing others violate MOTD does not justify violating it yourself.

sdGdcCBp0U.thumb.png.978989396980571ba5c65f30ff75ed5f.png

gmod_RusGy0GDXf.png.1d6589ef2442386f425b53ce07d19a92.png

He could've called staff at that moment and let it be handled. Honestly, I'm just disappointed.

Edited by Sparkle
Confused MOTD with SOP
  • Like 5
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

+support

honestly i see this happen ALL the time and this is the first time I've seen someone get formally warned for it.  I think this really could have just been a verbal tbh but that's just me. 

12 minutes ago, enuz 💣 said:

+Support for the appeal

seems pretty childish to warn someone for trying to fix something

United States Reserve General / Retired 1944 US GOA 

Rho 36 CO Occult Operative/ MTF Epsilon Eleven Commander Danny

+Support

sparkle was the only staff on and calling a staff to deal with a problem that you can deal with yourself is, in my opinion,  a waste of time for the staff and player

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

So I received a sit to fix the elevator in D-block. Normal stuff with that elevator. In that process, I see a chair being flown up past the elevator with a D-Class in seat. I traced the chair to Mr. BadAim and executed the sit. His justification was that "I've seen other people do it all the time" which I felt was not valid whatsoever. He also claims "if I knew the sit was submitted, I wouldn't have done it". Seeing others violate MOTD does not justify violating it yourself.

He could've called staff at that moment and let it be handled. Honestly, I'm just disappointed.

Also sadly its staffs discretion to warn someone and this is a infraction of the MOTD so sadly this warning in technical terms is valid 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I can understand Badaim's desire to try and fix the elevator but I believe that this is something that staff should handle, not you Badaim. You are a retired staff member and, as former staff, using the excuse of "I've seen other people do it all the time" is not valid. If his warn is removed, I'm fine with it but based off the situation alone and due to staff discretion..
-Support

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

-support
His intentions was pure but his execution was not. Sadly it is breaking the rules and having an argument that everyone else is doing it doesn't make it valid, I've seen it done and flew down there and just said don't do it again. But it's the staff members discretion if a warn should be handed out, and saying it should of been a verbal is not a valid reason nor argument any more.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

2 hours ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

+support

honestly i see this happen ALL the time and this is the first time I've seen someone get formally warned for it.  I think this really could have just been a verbal tbh but that's just me. 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

-/+ support, well, the warn is valid, but it's kinda just dumb that you need to wait for staff when you are literally able to do it yourself 

6 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

+Support 

With the lack of staff on recently badaim attempted to fix a situation for the better whilst nobody gaining any advantages over each other (Unless the person sent up attacked somebody immediately lol)

2 hours ago, Ritz said:

+Support

sparkle was the only staff on and calling a staff to deal with a problem that you can deal with yourself is, in my opinion,  a waste of time for the staff and player

+Support

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

-Support

I can definitely see were your coming from but this is breaking the rules. You had good intentions but if the elevator is broke you need to call staff. Somone spawning a prop, having someone sit on it, and phygunning it from LDB to UDB is prop minging. "I've seen other people do it" isnt an excuse. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

+Support 

With the lack of staff on recently badaim attempted to fix a situation for the better whilst nobody gaining any advantages over each other (Unless the person sent up attacked somebody immediately lol)

3 hours ago, Ritz said:

+Support

It is staff's choice but I feel sparkle could've just said "Thanks for helpin but next time just call staff as Class-D aren't allowed to spawn props."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

- support 

- Me personally I would of just given a verbal warning as obviously the prop usage wasn't used for malicious intent and badaim was trying to help, however obviously you did break the MOTD so the warning is valid just a very harsh punishment for the situation. 

Changing to + support it just shouldn't of been a warn for a such a little action that was a benefit for everybody on the server.

Edited by Dang

-Support

While you were trying to do the right thing, you broke two rules. Spawning props as D-Class and abusing props. The warning is valid.

Also to people saying that is should've been a Verbal. It is Staff's Discretion about punishment and the Handbook says Verbal or Formal.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

+support

literally did nothing wrong i do this all the time

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

+support  imma be honest while it was breaking the rules, it was trying to fix a problem. Im going to assume for this that sparkle flagged on to take the sit right before it was about to dissappear so he thought that nobody was coming and took it into his own hands. It's kinda petty to warn somebody for trying to help as it was not malicious in any sense

MTF E11 VCMDR Mateo C0RN

Just now, Forehead man [GL] said:

+support  imma be honest while it was breaking the rules, it was trying to fix a problem. Im going to assume for this that sparkle flagged on to take the sit right before it was about to dissappear so he thought that nobody was coming and took it into his own hands. It's kinda petty to warn somebody for trying to help as it was not malicious in any sense

Not to change your opinion or anything. Just setting the story straight. I was already on administration for previous sits and took the elevator sit immediately as it appeared.

8 hours ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

-Support

While you were trying to do the right thing, you broke two rules. Spawning props as D-Class and abusing props. The warning is valid.

Also to people saying that is should've been a Verbal. It is Staff's Discretion about punishment and the Handbook says Verbal or Formal.

sorry badaim, whether you were trying to fix something staff should, its still prop minge

Currently SM Josh 1B65 | Trooper Josh 1T
"A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better then a master of one"
Recently retired USM CPT, Deputy Head Dispatcher, Police RP Moderator, POL Level 10 (High Com), CPT Josh 1L65 and SCU SGT Josh 1R65 | Staffing: Ex Senior Moderator IMPRP - Retired Moderator PRP x2, MILRP - Retired Event team IMPRP, MILRP | Biggest Ranks: Retired Storm Trooper Vice Commander - Retired COL USMC MARSOC and FORECON Head - CPT+ in all branch's of US in MILRP - Experience in 9 different Departments PRP | Member Since late 2018

17 hours ago, Ritz said:

+Support

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~