Bringing back Breach Charges (Medbay lockdown rule change) - Accepted

CanOBeanz

Hello!

As some of you may or may not know, Medbay has been suffering a bit lately from the current rules about lockdowns during CI raids. The current rule is: Medbay may not lock down directly in response to a CI raid. 

This rule understandably leaves them a bit unable to do anything like prepping or evacuating while a CI raid is going on, and they usually just end up getting surprise-massacred while stationed in medbay. In an effort to increase the enjoyability of playing on medical and increasing RP-friendliness of these raid situations, I have worked together with CI HCMD & Utility HCMD to come to the following rule compromise, which I believe may be fair for both medical and CI.

--

Proposed rule change for Medbay Lockdowns during CI Raids:

• Medical is allowed to lockdown medbay as normal during a CI Raid.
  • Breaching charges are reintroduced for CI, allowing them to blow open medbay doors.
  • Proposed Breaching charge rules:
    • Breaching Charges are useable by Deltas and Explosive Experts only.
    • CI Adverts "Setting Breach Charge" and after 20 seconds medbay lockdown is opened by staff. It then stays open for a minimum of 5 minutes. (Timers subject to change based on balancing needs / feedback from community)

How this change will work for both CI & Medbay:

• Medical staff will have a chance to actually react to a CI raid and evacuate to their bunks instead of having to deal with "remember, no russian" constantly.
  • CI needn't worry too much about giving away their position with the breach charge advert, as they will be just moments away from entering the highest-visibility area in the facility anyway. I see maybe a loss of 20-30 seconds of element of surprise with this system for your raids. Plus it may give incentive to go "the long way" for a stealthier approach / switching up tactics to keep things interesting?

--

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on this!

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Bionicle said:

+support, sounds like a good solution to this problem

Increases RP for both sides

Big +Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

22 minutes ago, Neo said:

Good alternative.
Only if staff doesn't take 36 minutes to answer.

12 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

Increases RP for both sides

Big +Support

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

+Support

It is good for both sides

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

HELLO, Beloved Beanz!

I dote your recommendation, I adore how you categorically have the rules in place, I feel as they will make an immensely colossal difference. And I celebrate these very little rules are generally fair for everybody dissatisfied in a pretty major way. I for one am happy!

+support 

Edited by [CCG] Camo
  • Heart-Eyes 1

+support

YAY EXPLOSIONS 🙂

Also i wanna be able to Scramble the fairies without having to worry about everyone in medbay again.

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

1 hour ago, Frainz said:

+ support

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

+Support, as it'd make life so much easier for medical.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

21 hours ago, Dr. Lee said:

+support

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

On 4/24/2020 at 9:09 PM, CanOBeanz said:

Medical is allowed to lockdown medbay as normal during a CI Raid.

Wont be needed because CI can no longer Kill non-combatants once they are called out

On 4/24/2020 at 9:09 PM, CanOBeanz said:

"remember, no russian" constantly"

Give me there names and I'll smack them silly

+support

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there