8 members have voted

1. 1. Should I become Trial Moderator?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name? SS1

What is your steam name? SS1

What is your steam ID? STEAM_0:1:124446284

What is your discord username?: ss1#6217

Do you have any other experience with staffing? Yes, 1 ½ years ago on this server I was a staff member for a around 3-4 months.

What date did you start playing on the community? I was on the Police RP in ~2017/2018 and was heavily active in SCPRP for about a year in 2019, and I have returned.

What date did you make your forums account? June 27, 2019

How many warns do you have on the server? 0 (DM for proof, forums wont let me post the picture)

What is your donor rank?  User

Are you staff on another community? No

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes.

Timezone: Central Standard Time (CST)

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank?

I want to assist the community as I have in the past. In late 2019 I worked my way up to Admin and was staff for a few months on SCP-RP. So when I think of GMOD, I think of those good old days, and the GL community as a whole, which is encircled by the staffing experience I had. I wish to help once again and give every new player an equal chance to have as much fun as I have had. I had so many great times meeting all the unique people throughout the community as a staff member and am ready for round two.

Furthermore, while playing recently, there have been times with a lack of active staff members on-duty, when they were needed (especially in the mornings). Because of this, I would try to be an extremely active staff member, especially during the days when I don’t work or have school work. I have obtained a fair bit of experience from being staff previously in this community, and that would definitely come in handy too.

In total, I a person believe inequity on all everyone's behalf. Every person deserves their part of the story to be shared, and all parts come together to form the truth. So when dealing with disputes, I’m observant and not quick to judge. I also believe in second chances and giving people a way to redeem their bad doings, but I have learned when and when not to draw the line. I also really look forward to spending more time on this server and getting to know all the new faces better, thank you all for the daily GL experience!

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you) 

First of all, I would attempt to de-escalate the situation by asking them politely to calm down, as arguing gets nowhere. If they continue to interrupt, I would gag them and give them a further chance to cooperate. If they do cooperate, I would obtain their side of the story too, and check their past warnings to see if they’re a repeat offender. I would then make sure I had the right person and the statements were true in !blogs (4+ kills). Finally, since a Trial Mod is limited with executive powers, I would ask for an online Admin+ to administer a 5-day !ban.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

I would first ask all players to quiet down so we can come to a quick conclusion without un-needed toxicity. If they comply, we continue on, but if they still mess around and are ignoring the request, I will !gag the ones interrupting. If needed, I will call additional moderators/admins for assistance in organizing and solving the large amount of people. I will go over what happened, ask for each person’s story on the occurrence, and ask witnesses if possible. I would then administer the most just punishment for all; depending on what happened, and let them continue with their experience on the server.

Captures.png.3d37ddd184794a9697d982c8d0f2469e.pngall [GL] SCP-RP players are the same 😔

• Head Admin

Former staff of GL in 2019; Did a decent job from what I can recall, reached the position of admin, capable of speaking professionally with players.
However, was demoted for mass inactivity due to lack of time availability. 
While I believe they'd do well in the position; Whether or not they have improved on their time management skills is another topic.

Initially when the applicant had asked if they should apply for staff. I advised giving it more time to get used to the current community,
server rules and getting known by the current player base. While personally I'd recommend taking more time to do this.
If SS1 believes they're good to volunteer their time for staff without going MIA  this time and meeting the minimum requirements.
Then I'm comfortable with them joining a trial spot. However for most of those who are not familiar with the player; I can
certainly see this as a valid reasoning to not support this application. 

For Q2, " I will go over what happened, ask for each person’s story on the occurrence, and ask witnesses if possible". 
Do keep in mind if they're not directly involved; They'll need evidence such as a video to be considered valid or even take part in the sit. 
Otherwise the questions and application are decently answered/written. 

+ support

Your first post since 2019 was on December 27th.

It has been 6 days and most new members are recommended to wait around 2 weeks. I believe it is too early while I respect your past presence in the team you just came back after a 2 year break and it ain't even been 1 week so give it some time and settle back into the community.

-Support 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

3 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

It has been 6 days and most new members are recommended to wait around 2 weeks. I believe it is too early while I respect your past presence in the team you just came back after a 2 year break and it ain't even been 1 week so give it some time and settle back into the community.

-Support 

Yea i agree with weeb here brother, I respect that you was past staff but no one will know who you are. Just give it a little bit and get some time in the community so people will know who you are.

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

5 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

-Support 

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

+Support

1. Incredible polite, have only had good expierences with him in the past

2. While yes he has recent low forums activity he came back from a break. He was an Admin, he clearly knows what he is doing so waiting I don't think would be necessary.

3.Really good written app

4. Yeah he would be a great edition to the staff team.

Good luck

oofwill2.png

For the concerns about my lack of current playtime since my return to the server;

I understand all of your concerns, but I feel as though I am ready. By the time the application has been sifted, I will of course have had much more time on the server, and have met many more people. I also believe I have met a lot of the usual faces on the server already, as steam claims that I have spent 54 hours on GMOD in the past week, I have been on the server for almost all of those. I do believe it would not take much time at all for me to get back into the rhythm, and this time I'm prepared to be very active.

Thank you for your concerns, if you have other questions/want to discuss this more, DM me on discord or post another comment!

have a nice day

Edited by SS1
conjunction changes, additions

Captures.png.3d37ddd184794a9697d982c8d0f2469e.pngall [GL] SCP-RP players are the same 😔

-Support, for now

You’ve been nothing but respectful and kind from what I’ve seen in research but I think waiting just a little bit goes a long way here. Please don’t let this discourage you from applying in the near future!

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

10 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

-Support 

Pretty much what Some said here. Sorry mate, I understand that you can be ready for the position and such but give it some time, get to know the new people around the block etc. etc. I'm sure you will get to know everyone soon.

- Support

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

10 hours ago, SS1 said:

For the concerns about my lack of current playtime since my return to the server;

I understand all of your concerns, but I feel as though I am ready. By the time the application has been sifted, I will of course have had much more time on the server, and have met many more people. I also believe I have met a lot of the usual faces on the server already, as steam claims that I have spent 54 hours on GMOD in the past week, I have been on the server for almost all of those. I do believe it would not take much time at all for me to get back into the rhythm, and this time I'm prepared to be very active.

Thank you for your concerns, if you have other questions/want to discuss this more, DM me on discord or post another comment!

have a nice day

+support you seem cool and what you said here is true 

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

On 1/2/2022 at 4:53 AM, Weiss said:

Former staff of GL in 2019; Did a decent job from what I can recall, reached the position of admin, capable of speaking professionally with players.
However, was demoted for mass inactivity due to lack of time availability. 
While I believe they'd do well in the position; Whether or not they have improved on their time management skills is another topic.

Initially when the applicant had asked if they should apply for staff. I advised giving it more time to get used to the current community,
server rules and getting known by the current player base. While personally I'd recommend taking more time to do this.
If SS1 believes they're good to volunteer their time for staff without going MIA  this time and meeting the minimum requirements.
Then I'm comfortable with them joining a trial spot. However for most of those who are not familiar with the player; I can
certainly see this as a valid reasoning to not support this application. 

For Q2, " I will go over what happened, ask for each person’s story on the occurrence, and ask witnesses if possible". 
Do keep in mind if they're not directly involved; They'll need evidence such as a video to be considered valid or even take part in the sit. 
Otherwise the questions and application are decently answered/written. 

+ support

15 hours ago, The Gaming Goat said:

Although it would have been much better if you waited longer, I do think you are ready.
+ Support

+ Support ^

+ Nice Guy

+Respectful And Well Mannered

+Great Potential 

+Fits Staff Perfectly (Stays Chill Regardless Of the Situation Would Be Amazing Handling Sits)

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

3 hours ago, Avalon Levi said:

+ Support

+ Nice Guy

+Respectful And Well Mannered

+Great Potential 

+Fits Staff Perfectly (Stays Chill Regardless Of the Situation Would Be Amazing Handling Sits)

Former Stormtrooper Captain
Former Nova Commander Comet 
Former Admin | Former GM Tick X

spacer.png