General Suggestion - New Anti Metagame system For 8286 - Denied

[GL] Fryingpan36

Post name: “General Suggestion - New Anti Metagame system For 8286”

What are you suggesting? - When you kill someone with the knife it displays the job as who you killed job EX: Kill a Class D Mobster (Level 100+) it changes the job display to "Class D Mobster (Level 100+)" 

How would this change better the server? - It will stop metagame frequency.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - N/A none

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 8286 and Staff. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

8 minutes ago, recon said:

+ Support if possible but how would this be implemented? I feel like it would be really difficult to put this on the server since they would have to make 1 specific job change job titles when you kill someone.

it will change the appearance to avoid meta game. (also in the tab menu)

1 hour ago, recon said:

+ Support if possible but how would this be implemented? I feel like it would be really difficult to put this on the server since they would have to make 1 specific job change job titles when you kill someone.

Edited by Grеg

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

-Support

not every bit of meta game can be coded out, there’s still other ways of meta gaming this and it would help very little. Sounds like a waste of SMT’s time honestly.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

- Support

So this would technically make it so that no one knows which 8286 is the actual one. I'm talking about it when it comes to rolling off against the SCP and I'm pretty sure this cannot be done.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

48 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support

So this would technically make it so that no one knows which 8286 is the actual one. I'm talking about it when it comes to rolling off against the SCP and I'm pretty sure this cannot be done.

Thats the point you would have to use process of elimination nobody knows who but a huge and pretty common hint would be 2 of the same people.

+Support I feel it would just make the SCP more immersing in terms of how to find it and the mystery. Rather than someone taking a look above you for 2 seconds then treating you 3000% different than you are supposed to be.

Edited by Some Weeb

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

13 hours ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

it will change the appearance to avoid meta game. (also in the tab menu)

Massive -Support for this

How are we supposed to know that the SCP is still flagged on. The job changing above their head is fine, but if we can’t tell if they’re flagged on, that’s going to be an issue. Also, how is staff going to be able to distinguish between them?

Current:

A new story rises from the ashes

Former:

MTF Nu-7 SFTO & 2LT | D5 PVT | CI PFC | Moderator

2 minutes ago, FBI-01 said:

Massive -Support for this

How are we supposed to know that the SCP is still flagged on. The job changing above their head is fine, but if we can’t tell if they’re flagged on, that’s going to be an issue. Also, how is staff going to be able to distinguish between them?

Yea this is going to cause more problems than it will fix unfortunately so -Support

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

Tbh that's the point of this update when they find the "Imposter" or 2 of the same person they neglect to interrogate the real one. This is also so they can't scan a room of everyone's jobs and only I'd check the 8286.

2 hours ago, FBI-01 said:

Also, how is staff going to be able to distinguish between them?

They should have a steam ID or a name error in their name.

5 hours ago, ripjaw56789 said:

-support

8286 tech has a fake ID if that makes sense hence a roll off. If this was added, guess what 8286 could do? Not do the roll off, and then we have to roll against legit ID's which leads to some interro RP for maybe some new researcher

This is why 8286 is a 75+ job.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

On 10/19/2021 at 7:19 AM, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

They should have a steam ID or a name error in their name.

Hm. So what happens if people start meta gaming off the names? 
Wanna know the answer? Nothing will change. And, suddenly, there's inconveniences for staff, interrogators, and just about anyone. 

On 10/18/2021 at 10:16 PM, Yato Sensei said:

- Support

^

Edited by Right Twix Bar
Slight edits and word changes
  • Like 1

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

+Support  

This is entirely possible while still having the job be known to staff, The job would still remain red and in the SCP area on the TAB menu it would only change the name when looking at someone in game. This is used in multiple DarkRP servers and would greatly benefit the server.

One dude with the long name

Senior Moderator at Gaminglight SCPRP 

Site 50, [REDACTED], Finland

"Abuse no one and nothing, For abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision." - Chief Tecumseh

13 hours ago, that one dude with the long name said:

+Support  

This is entirely possible while still having the job be known to staff, The job would still remain red and in the SCP area on the TAB menu it would only change the name when looking at someone in game. This is used in multiple DarkRP servers and would greatly benefit the server.

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

-Support

Honestly this would increase the rate that 8286 dies. Minges could say they are 8286 when on a normal job. Would be cool though

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

-Support, quite sure this would be stupidly difficult to code in in the first place, and second off it would make it impossible for someone to know if they were just RDM'd by a team-mate or killed by the SCP, resulting in needless sits.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

I think that every pro and con of this has already been said above, but from me it'll be a 

-Support

This would create more problems to overcome than we already have.

Obviously, metagaming is bad as it ruins fun, but if 8286's job could have a different name there would be no way of knowing if you do have to roll off or not. This would lead to 8286 being able to powergame or failrp without anyone noticing. There WOULD  be 2 people of the same name, true. But remember that your NLR still counts after you die from 8286, meaning that 8286 would still be out there and could just take another shape before anyone even notices two look-alikes, and then the cycle repeats and potentially goes on forever.

So, it's a fine idea, but too many problems that come with it.

Edited by Eem

-support

too many possible bad outcomes, its fine as is now

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png