Jess - Trial Moderator Application - Denied

Jess1224

Jess - Trial Moderator Application | Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jess be made Trial Moderator?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?

Jess, I am in Nu-7 and Chaos Insurgency

What is your steam name?

JP1224

What is your steam ID?

STEAM_0:0:610011270

What is your Discord username?

JP1224#1224

Do you have any other experience with staffing?

I have moderated and staffed for multiple communities, games, and other forms of media during my short amount of time on the internet. This includes, but is not limited to, verified Discord servers, large-scale Minecraft servers, multiple Garry's Mod communities, including Gaminglight ImperialRP, online forums and much, much more. I have a lot of experience in the sector, and despite not being on the internet for too long I am confident with how to handle myself as a staff member and as a representative of a community. As I also mentioned before, I have previously been staff on Gaminglight, being a Moderator on the ImperialRP server for a short amount of time. I ended up leaving the server due to time constraints, however I now have the time again and am really enjoying SCP-RP at the moment, so I decided to come back. In terms of experience staffing, I have a lot considering all of my time on the internet, and I have experience not just in Garry's Mod, which, in my opinion, makes me a good candidate.

What date did you start playing on the community?

October or November of 2021.

What date did you make your forums account?

15th of November, 2021.

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?

Three warnings in total, all acquired on Gaminglight's PoliceRP, as you can see here. I find the PoliceRP rules were confusing and all of these instances were a case of a misunderstanding with no malicious intent involved whatsoever.

What is your donor rank?

User

Are you a staff member in another community?

No

Have you read the staff handbook?

I have read, memorised and am very familiar / comfortable with the Staff Handbook.

What is your timezone?

I am located in the UK and my timezone is GMT / BST depending on the time of year

What rank are you applying for?

Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank?

I believe I have a few qualities that not only make me deserve this rank, but also prove my dedication and willingness for this rank. Firstly, my loyalty and love for the community of Gaminglight makes me a great candidates, as this is the only server I play and I have the intent to stay here for a long time. This means that you will get a lot of help out of me, and I should be able to be staff for this long amount of time. Along with this, I am also a very, very hard working individual. The way I was brought up has led me to be hard working, I grew up in tough circumstances living in the third-world and unable to feed myself a lot of nights, but I was able to live through it, power on, and still educate myself through all of that. I now live in the first-world with many luxuries and am able to take my knowledge, awareness, compassion and willingness to work hard and put it into my everyday life, including Garry's Mod. I am a very helpful person, and I get great enjoyment out of bringing happiness to others. I have helped many people in the community without being staff, whether that being by answering questions in OOC, assisting new members who are confused on the rules, or even with my work helping Jimmy James with smaller Lua problems. I am always making myself available to assist others, and I strive to always help people in the community. I have also been staff on Gaminglight before, and whilst my tenure was sadly brief, I think during my two or three weeks of staffing I proved I was capable, dependent, and a valuable asset to the ImperialRP staff team, being able to assist whenever needed and having the drive and motivation to always want more. Another thing that motivates me to become staff on SCP-RP is my timezone: I am often playing during quieter hours, and it is not uncommon for all staff on during this times to be AFK or unavailable. By hopefully becoming staff, I will be able to make myself available to the playerbase during these times, and change the early-hours reputation from being a mingy time of day where not much is done, to an active and productive time of day with active moderation. Through doing this, I may also be able to improve the playercount during lower hours, and raise the rating of the SCP-RP server, which would be phenomenal. With all of this combined, along with the fact that within a few months I will be off school completely for a year and will have extended amounts of time to give to the server, I hope I have convinced you that I am not only deserving of this rank, but am willing to work hard everyday to continue deserving the rank.

Scenarios

Whilst I am aware I only have to answer two scenario questions, I am choosing to answer all of them in this case as I am confident I could handle all of this situations well and with competence.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

I would gag / mute them, depending on which form of communication they were using to curse at me, and explain the punishment to them clearly, as I am assuming in this case I have valid log evidence to prove they MassRDMed. If they attempted to run away or move about, as most people cursing do, I would freeze them to allow me to explain without them running away. I would then proceed to warn them for MassRDM, and call an Admin or above to ban the user for 5 days for MassRDM, providing the Admin with the evidence needed to hand out the ban. Before they are banned, I would inform them again why they are being banned, and where to appeal the ban if they feel it is unjust or unfair, and say that I hope to see them again, not breaking the rules.

You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

I would firstly attempt to deescalate the situation. The best way to do this usually is to make sure the players are speaking one at a time, not speaking over each other, and are each allowed their own time to get their story out and counter claims made against them. If people are continuing to talk over each other, I can mute / gag them to ensure productivity is maintained. I would then use this method to get to the root of the issue and hand out the valid punishment. If the situation was still being unproductive and the sit was clearly getting nowhere, I would inform the reporting user that he should go to the forums and make a report on the situation, as it is quite a polarising topic and no productivity is being met in-game due to everyone arguing, disagreeing and being uncivil. This allows for each person to get their story out in text, without speaking over each other and reducing arguments.

In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

This is quite a tough situation, as sometimes trolls do come on the server with little to no regard of the punishments they receive, however I believe it is important to see these users as the same, and to not be phased by their lack of care. When they break a rule, I would punish them as I would a normal person in their situation, and inform them of why they are being punished. If they continuously and repetitively break rules with no intention of stopping, I would inform a senior ranking staff member to investigate the situation, and hand them the evidence of all the rules they have broken so far, allowing a more experienced and trained staff member to make a judgement on if the user should be banned. All together, however, I think someone who doesn't care about punishments should be treated the same as any other user.

There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

As the bug is known and reported, there is no need for me to report it on the forums, however exploitation of a bug is completely out of line, and should be dealt with. I would bring him to the situation, and tell him simply to stop abusing this bug, and that exploiting a bug IS specifically against the rules, and I would happily send him the rule if he was unsure on where to find it. I would inform him that any further abuse of this bug would result in a punishment, and I would take some time to carefully watch him to ensure he isn't continuing to abuse this bug. If he did continue to abuse the bug, I would hand out a formal warning for the infraction and scale up with his continued abuse, to the point of getting an Admin or higher to ban him if the exploitation of the bug gets out of hand. However, I hope  that the user would understand in the first situation when explained to him not to exploit the bug anymore.

40 minutes ago, FusionThunder said:

+Support

Great application 

Good Experience 

Very Patient and Kind

You only have 18 hours on the server so that is my only downside

Edited by Tioquotes

Nu7 SGT/JFE/TR/FTO | Experienced Medic/CCU/FTO/FM
[CC] Owns: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero'
[CC] On: A Normal D-Class
"I Got You In My Sights" - Soldier 76

6 hours ago, Diz said:

-/+ Support leaning to +

Pros:

Great app, would definetly be a great mod

Has experience

Cons:

I don't know who you are (Might be due to the timezone difference)

No forums activity at all

Exactly this.

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week

6 hours ago, FusionThunder said:

+Support

Great application 

Good Experience 

Very Patient and Kind

SCP-RP: E-11 SSGT | EXM | CE | DoRCU | Senior Ranger Canadian | CI LCPL | JFTO | CQOP | Platinum

PoliceRP: SNR Lafleur 1D45 | FBI Probatory Agent | Diamond
Retired: Medical Supervisor | E-11 SM | Nu-7 SM | DHFTO | HTF Mark II | Security CPT | Warden Centurion |
 Senior Moderator

On 2/26/2022 at 5:23 PM, FusionThunder said:

+Support

Great application 

Good Experience 

Very Patient and Kind

Activeness on the forums and also in-game could be better but other than that its a great application and I think he would be ready for staff!

Goodluck and Godspeed!

Former Stormtrooper Captain
Former Nova Commander Comet 
Former Admin | Former GM Tick X

spacer.png

-Support

This user was previously staff/GM on Imperial RP. During their time on Imperial RP this user falsely requested Deathtrooper tags as well as gave them self the Deathtrooper whitelist.

When this user was approached by Navy High Command, they lied multiple times. Below this you will see connections.

On 2/26/2022 at 9:15 AM, JessicaP1224 said:

What is your steam ID?

STEAM_0:0:610011270

image.thumb.png.46857c7fefb740abff4d35b6e9dd922a.png

On 2/26/2022 at 9:15 AM, JessicaP1224 said:

I think during my two or three weeks of staffing I proved I was capable, dependent, and a valuable asset to the ImperialRP staff team

"...capable, dependent, and a valuable asset..." You abused your powers to get what you want in game and then lied about.

While they may have changed, I still don't trust this user with staff.

Edited by alaric
  • Like 2

i am always correct and will always be better than you

#JusticeForTrojan #SlideForRacc #:3

Former: Imperial High Command | Deathtrooper Senior CommanderSenior Admin | Senior Forum Diplomat | Support Member

29 minutes ago, alaric said:

-Support

This user was previously staff/GM on Imperial RP. During their time on Imperial RP this user falsely requested Deathtrooper tags as well as gave them self the Deathtrooper whitelist.

When this user was approached by Navy High Command, they lied multiple times. Below this you will see connections.

"...capable, dependent, and a valuable asset..." You abused your powers to get what you want in game and then lied about.

Not only that, but tried to lie to DT Command again saying staff took off her DNT, as well as a High Admiral. (Which never happened and she immediately logged off the server because of how embarrassing a performance her lie was.)

She should never be trusted, because she is a liar and abuses her powers extensively. 
It shows something to me, that only ever being on scprp for less than a week, she is already posting a staff application.

-Support

Edited by SilonMist
  • Like 1

OG DT TI-23 Marksmen V07 (Retired)
FormerSenior Gunnery Officer LX003, Lord I SilonDT 1LT DI3Imperial RP Moderator

27 minutes ago, alaric said:

-Support

This is a situation I have addressed far too many times yet every time I have dealt with the situation in the eyes of one person, they tell me they have understood the situation / what happened, I am then told by another person the issue is still persistent no matter the amount of times I've dealt with it. I did DT tryouts early on in the morning, I was accepted, no one was on to whitelist me, so I whitelisted myself. Later on in the day, it transpired that this wasn't the best course of action to take, and I shouldn't be whitelisting myself, and it turned out my trainer had not done what was properly required, so it looked like I had just added myself to a regiment. I spoke to a number of higher staff about this to resolve this issue, including the Head Admin at the time, River. They said the situation was understood and resolved, I would remove my DT whitelist and tryout again in the future if I was interested due to the nature of me getting in. I understood & accepted this due to the circumstances of my joining, and I didn't want my time in DT to be tainted by a stigma of people thinking I had got in fraudulently. Later on in the day, however, Naval High Command said they were blacklisting me from DT for the incident, as they believed me to have done this maliciously, and my attempts to speak to them / have a conversation with them were rejected, with me being ignored by NHC. I understood this, as at the end of the day it was their choice to blacklist me from DT, but I do wish things had transpired differently and I had the time to explain myself to NHC as there was really nothing malicious behind the situation. The reason I did not include this in my application is simple, I had forgotten the incident had even happened. This was a couple of months ago, and I hadn't really considered the whole incident to be a huge deal as I didn't try to do anything malicious, and it was purely a learning experience that whitelisting yourself looks suspicious, something that in hindsight I should've realised already. I do now wish I remembered, however, as I would've liked to explain this whole situation in my application as I've not often had the chance to explain myself.

7 minutes ago, SilonMist said:

Not only that, but tried to lie to DT Command again saying staff took off her DNT, as well as a High Admiral. (Which never happened and she immediately logged off the server because of how embarrassing a performance her lie was.)

She should never be trusted, because she is a liar and abuses her powers extensively. 
It shows something to me, that only ever being on scprp for less than a week, she is already posting a staff applications.

-Support

This, on the other hand, was about two weeks ago when I was getting back into Garry's Mod due to having freetime. I joined the ImperialRP server, was walking around, and was approached by someone asking if I wanted to join DT. I said sure, as I hadn't realised my blacklist from DT was permanent, and I had forgotten the incident had even occurred. However, when the DT started to lead me in, they believed I was on a DNT. I simply told the DNT there that I was only there because the Naval member hosting the tryouts / overseeing the tryouts asked me to be here as no one was joining DT, and I wasn't attempting to appeal my DNT as I did not even know this existed. The DT then lead me upstairs to the INF Commander Iden Versio asking if they removed my DNT, which I found odd as I had not mentioned the INF Commander, nor did I say my DNT was removed, but I stayed with it nonetheless. At that point, I had personal matters IRL to attend to, and I said "I have to go, I am not too fussed about joining DT anyways, cya guys!" (paraphrased) before logging off. I then later in the day messaged someone on Discord about the situation as I was quite confused, however I do not recall getting a reply.

This situation is messy, unclear, and confusing, but in no way shape or form did I ever lie to NHC or attempt to deceive. I feel as if this whole situation occurred due to a breakdown in communication and I wish that people had reached out to me more about this sue rather than making opinions of their own accord. I understand this situation may reflect poorly on me, but I assure you that given a platform to defend myself I could make a case for this whole debacle being nothing short of a misunderstanding, and that's what this reply has attempted to do. I also encourage any ImperialRP members of NHC or DT Command to message me on Discord (JP1224#1224) about the situation, as I would quite like to see the issue resolved as having a permanent DT DNT on record does not reflect who I truly am.

+SUPPORT
Even tho she is kinda new she has always been friendly and dedicated to the server and never had a bad interaction with her so I would trust her in the Staff team

CURRENT: CI SM
FORMER: | CI R&D IIN (SIN?) | CI EOI Operative | MTF E-11 1LT RRH Analyst November 24 | Maintenance OS
CUSTOM CLASSES: | Obama | The Mets | MTF E-11 'Last Call' | MTF E-11 Spetsgruppa Directorate 'V' | Umbrella Corporation Operative |

12 hours ago, JessicaP1224 said:

This is a situation I have addressed far too many times yet every time I have dealt with the situation in the eyes of one person, they tell me they have understood the situation / what happened, I am then told by another person the issue is still persistent no matter the amount of times I've dealt with it. I did DT tryouts early on in the morning, I was accepted, no one was on to whitelist me, so I whitelisted myself. Later on in the day, it transpired that this wasn't the best course of action to take, and I shouldn't be whitelisting myself, and it turned out my trainer had not done what was properly required, so it looked like I had just added myself to a regiment. I spoke to a number of higher staff about this to resolve this issue, including the Head Admin at the time, River. They said the situation was understood and resolved, I would remove my DT whitelist and tryout again in the future if I was interested due to the nature of me getting in. I understood & accepted this due to the circumstances of my joining, and I didn't want my time in DT to be tainted by a stigma of people thinking I had got in fraudulently. Later on in the day, however, Naval High Command said they were blacklisting me from DT for the incident, as they believed me to have done this maliciously, and my attempts to speak to them / have a conversation with them were rejected, with me being ignored by NHC. I understood this, as at the end of the day it was their choice to blacklist me from DT, but I do wish things had transpired differently and I had the time to explain myself to NHC as there was really nothing malicious behind the situation. The reason I did not include this in my application is simple, I had forgotten the incident had even happened. This was a couple of months ago, and I hadn't really considered the whole incident to be a huge deal as I didn't try to do anything malicious, and it was purely a learning experience that whitelisting yourself looks suspicious, something that in hindsight I should've realised already. I do now wish I remembered, however, as I would've liked to explain this whole situation in my application as I've not often had the chance to explain myself.

This, on the other hand, was about two weeks ago when I was getting back into Garry's Mod due to having freetime. I joined the ImperialRP server, was walking around, and was approached by someone asking if I wanted to join DT. I said sure, as I hadn't realised my blacklist from DT was permanent, and I had forgotten the incident had even occurred. However, when the DT started to lead me in, they believed I was on a DNT. I simply told the DNT there that I was only there because the Naval member hosting the tryouts / overseeing the tryouts asked me to be here as no one was joining DT, and I wasn't attempting to appeal my DNT as I did not even know this existed. The DT then lead me upstairs to the INF Commander Iden Versio asking if they removed my DNT, which I found odd as I had not mentioned the INF Commander, nor did I say my DNT was removed, but I stayed with it nonetheless. At that point, I had personal matters IRL to attend to, and I said "I have to go, I am not too fussed about joining DT anyways, cya guys!" (paraphrased) before logging off. I then later in the day messaged someone on Discord about the situation as I was quite confused, however I do not recall getting a reply.

This situation is messy, unclear, and confusing, but in no way shape or form did I ever lie to NHC or attempt to deceive. I feel as if this whole situation occurred due to a breakdown in communication and I wish that people had reached out to me more about this sue rather than making opinions of their own accord. I understand this situation may reflect poorly on me, but I assure you that given a platform to defend myself I could make a case for this whole debacle being nothing short of a misunderstanding, and that's what this reply has attempted to do. I also encourage any ImperialRP members of NHC or DT Command to message me on Discord (JP1224#1224) about the situation, as I would quite like to see the issue resolved as having a permanent DT DNT on record does not reflect who I truly am.

Was worried when I saw the comments about this situation, however I am satisfied with this response and with the overall quality of this application.

+Support

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

+support

All though these are some wild accusations you show remorse and want to fix that and that shows you care.

Your application is well written out and I love the amount of depth that is written into it.

Unfortunately I haven't had any interactions with you in-game so I can't say anything about how you are as a person.

Good luck!

-=Delta-5 Low command=-

-Support

I read over your rebuttal and while I know to some snowflakes this will sound inappropriate or whatever the fuck but to many people have used nicely placed words to get out of a pinch, hell even I have done that before but back onto the topic in your rebuttal I do not see anything substantial that supports your claims. While they have a very clear picture of a perma DNT (something that ain't handed out like paper) as such until river can confirm or any other piece of evidence can I will stick to this.

Apologies! 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

5 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

-Support

I read over your rebuttal and while I know to some snowflakes this will sound inappropriate or whatever the fuck but to many people have used nicely placed words to get out of a pinch, hell even I have done that before but back onto the topic in your rebuttal I do not see anything substantial that supports your claims. While they have a very clear picture of a perma DNT (something that ain't handed out like paper) as such until river can confirm or any other piece of evidence can I will stick to this.

Apologies! 

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

On 2/26/2022 at 9:30 AM, Diz said:

-/+ Support leaning to -

Pros:

Has experience

Cons:

8 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

-Support

Apologies! 

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

-/+ Support leaning to +

Pros:

Has experience

Cons:

Gensec MAJ SFTO l DHWD l S.T.A.R.S. CI R&D AINExspira Nyx XV7 l Certified Bozo

• Head of Staff
On 2/27/2022 at 11:05 AM, SilonMist said:

It shows something to me, that only ever being on scprp for less than a week, she is already posting a staff application.

-Support

As the former DT Senior Commander, and as a current member of Naval High Command I have direct knowledge of this situation, and I do not believe this member should be in the staff team again.

-Support.

Edited by A Frog

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

-/+ Support leaning to +

Pros:

Has experience

Cons:

Retired Nu-7 Vice Commander Pure

On 2/26/2022 at 9:23 AM, FusionThunder said:

+Support

Great application 

Good Experience 

Very Patient and Kind

On 2/26/2022 at 9:23 AM, FusionThunder said:

+Support

Great application 

Good Experience 

Very Patient and Kind

On 2/27/2022 at 11:17 AM, JessicaP1224 said:

Very well handled

• Dislike 1

oofwill2.png

+support

Had many interactions with them in game and they are very nice.  Based on Jess's response to the accusations it seems like it was a big misunderstanding and they got punished for something that's not really their fault.  They act very mature in game and I definitely see them becoming staff in the near future.

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

On 2/28/2022 at 12:54 AM, Nydekore said:

Was worried when I saw the comments about this situation, however I am satisfied with this response and with the overall quality of this application.

+Support

Yea I havent really had a bad run in with jess and her response to the situation was well said, I would be okay with giving them a chance as a TMOD

afterall people make mistakes and can change/learn from them

+SUPPORT

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

On 2/26/2022 at 10:23 AM, FusionThunder said:

+Support

Great application 

Good Experience 

Very Patient and Kind

As I am reading the problem, I would be willing to give Jess a second chance.

SCP-RP: E-11 SSGT | EXM | CE | DoRCU | Senior Ranger Canadian | CI LCPL | JFTO | CQOP | Platinum

PoliceRP: SNR Lafleur 1D45 | FBI Probatory Agent | Diamond
Retired: Medical Supervisor | E-11 SM | Nu-7 SM | DHFTO | HTF Mark II | Security CPT | Warden Centurion |
 Senior Moderator