Commander getting Vice Commander reserves. - Denied

[GL] Mike

What are you suggesting? - Commander should get Vice Commander Reserves, I do not think getting to Branch Head and resigning should warrant a demotion out of High Command as getting to that position isn't exactly the easiest. (Not to mention Commander USED to get High Command reserves at COL but now it's not so.)

How would this change better the server? - More fair towards the people who get to Branch Heads.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Not really honestly.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Commander+

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by [GL] Mike
  • Dislike 1

• Head of Staff

+Support

Working that hard for the branch and that rank and not getting high command reserves is a bit silly

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

11 minutes ago, frog milk said:

+Support

Working that hard for the branch and that rank and not getting high command reserves is a bit silly

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

46 minutes ago, frog milk said:

+Support

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

+support

I think some branches already do this, but im not sure.

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, frog milk said:

+Support

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

2 hours ago, Benslaki_II said:

+support

I think some branches already do this, but im not sure.

Nope

6 hours ago, frog milk said:

+Support

osu! achiever? I don't know

6 hours ago, frog milk said:

+Support

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

I mean, this was never a thing in research, security or utility and you never heard them complain. the only difference between you and them is that you were given those reserves once upon a time. 

Also if we are being honest nearly noone comes back from reserves into a HCMD slot even IF you are given a reserve rank, if memory serves the last person (and the only one i remember) was th3. To even be considered to get those reserves back (if you were given them) you have to be already active within the server and part of that branch so that you understand how the branch now works, you are still given the 3rd highest rank in the branch if you were commander 4 highest if your were vice or deputy. The ONLY difference is that you will be doing rosters SOPs and having one of the final says in how branch decisions go, why you arent content with getting COL no questions asked but want to be denied CMDR/VCMDR is beyond me 

Last person to TRY reinstate as HCMD was timmimes, he waited until HOS opened up,  he was given CAPTAIN because we look into HCMD reserve requests ALOT more

• Like 2

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

2 minutes ago, Rangiatea said:

I mean, this was never a thing in research, security or utility and you never heard them complain. the only difference between you and them is that you were given those reserves once upon a time. 

Also if we are being honest nearly noone comes back from reserves into a HCMD slot even IF you are given a reserve rank, if memory serves the last person (and the only one i remember) was th3. To even be considered to get those reserves back (if you were given them) you have to be already active within the server and part of that branch so that you understand how the branch now works, you are still given the 3rd highest rank in the branch if you were commander 4 highest if your were vice or deputy. The ONLY difference is that you will be doing rosters SOPs and having one of the final says in how branch decisions go, why you arent content with getting COL no questions asked but want to be denied CMDR/VCMDR is beyond me 

Changing my stance, from how Rang put it. It makes a lot more sense here.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

To offer my COL reserves opinion, it sucks that I can't come back into a HCMD position right away but its only one rank away at least. It wouldn't be too hard to earn HCMD again with a good reputation and activity.

(It is still a smack to the face for everyone who resigned back then and Rang's colorful opinion really cements my feelings on the treatment of said reserves i.e. the lack thereof)

However, I'm just glad I have them at least. It's better than starting over.

I know this comes from a good place Mike but it ain't worth it imo. 

-support

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~

1 hour ago, Rangiatea said:

Last person to TRY reinstate as HCMD was timmimes, he waited until HOS opened up,  he was given CAPTAIN because we look into HCMD reserve requests ALOT more

-Support.

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

8 hours ago, Rangiatea said:

Rang said it the best, -Support

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

22 hours ago, frog milk said:

+Support

Nu7 CPT Nu7 DHFTO Head of Degeneracy | Former OH7 
HSU #1 
Ex Nu7 MAJ | Ex DHFTO | Ex HSU Commissar |

4 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

Reserves are decided on a case by case basis. 

Still as a head or commander you get the 4th highest rank, or 3rd if you exclude the director. Thats enough time to work your way back up to that high command position. Plus put it that you would be more trusted for a high command position if you did come back, giving you a higher chance of getting promoted back into it. Plus Rang saying only 1 person tried to come back which was th3 into High Command, I say leave it as the way it is.

My perspective on this is that a person resigns as the head right, they are gone for a couple of months then return. If given a high command slot, they would not be educated on any new changes or possibly not know much about the branch they came back in since they were gone for a while and need to jog their memory. 

Finally, what if a person has been at that one rank thats right below high command for a while right, lets use utilities Foreman position. They have been working really hard, there is one spot left for a Assistant Head, then the Head of a branch comes off of resignation and snatches that slot, that could be a complete turn off for the Foreman and make there efforts feel like a waste. The way it is now allows newer people to come into that High Command slot and test there current skills to operate a branch. Since current head reserves are the 3rd highest rank within the branch.

Now, while I do respect every head of a branch since they operate it along side others whomst assist them, new people should be selected and be given a chance.

Thats all I have to say, personnaly -Support 

14 hours ago, Rangiatea said:

Edited by Squash

Foundation Archivist | Operations Supervisor | SCP-RP Senior Admin Forums Diplomat | Support 1 |

On 11/28/2020 at 1:19 PM, Rangiatea said:

How rang placed it an explain it 

-support  

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

On 11/28/2020 at 4:43 AM, frog milk said:

+Support

Imperial RP] Ex-Gamemaster| Ex-Starfighter Corps. Officer| Ex-Onyx Squad Officer| Ex-Inferno Squad Squadron Leader| Ex-Shadow Guard Officer VII| INO Chad. 
SCP RP] 
Retired-Nu7 1st Lieutenant| Ex-GENSEC Master Sergeant and Junior Warden| Retired-Chaos Insurgency 1st Lieutenant| Zeta-19| Epic Payday Gang(2nd ever)| Ex-A1 Guardian| Ex-Event Team Member.
"You are a quarter of a million strong, and you shoot well, but what if I showed of with 500,000 men? What would you do?" -Kaiser Wilhelm II "We would shoot twice, and we'd go home" -Swiss Militiaman

naruto shippuden GIF