Research May Branch Update - Accepted

Weiss

• Head Admin

Several changes have been made to the research branches already existing jobs. These are as followed.
For ease of reading for general members. A document has been provided - Research May Update Overview

Job Update

Name of Job: Hazardous Materials Researcher

Job Model (Model Paths): Same

Job Description: Same

Job Weapons (Ex. tfa_csgo_mac10):
+Add -  tfa_csgo_mac10
+Add - #GMOD_Camera

Job Salary: Same

Job HP: Same

Job Armor: 100
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job Update

Name of Job: Research Recruiting Agent

-Remove - tfa_csgo_p2000
+Add - tfa_ragingbull

Job Salary: 175

Job Armor: Same

Job Update

Name of Job: Research Command

+Add - tfa_uzi

Job Update

Name of Job: Foundation Doctor

+Add - tfa_vector

Job Update

Name of Job: Research High Command

+Add - tfa_csgo_sawedoff

Edited by Weiss

+Support

I support the update in all fashions!

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

Alright, i have a few issue's with this update.

3 hours ago, Weiss said:

+Add -  tfa_csgo_mac10

The Mac-10 is as of current one of the most OP CQC weapons that can be easily gained, and i really dont  see why a research class should spawn in with it.

3 hours ago, Weiss said:

-Remove - tfa_csgo_p2000
+Add - tfa_ragingbull

I dont see how this change even matters, the Research Recruiting Agent is a training job, and as of such OOC is it not? i  dont see the point in giving it a different gun, but seeing as how the class wont use it outside of perhaps shooting rouge trainee's and showing off, but to that point the Ragingbull is actualy worse then the P2000.

3 hours ago, Weiss said:

+Add - tfa_vector

Again, the Vector is a rather powerfull SMG, and i just dont see the logic behind giving it to a non-combatant class.
Also, this is not simply a "slightly improved UZI", its got nearly double the RPM, and on the server ATM if you are talking medium damage weapons (Which both the UZI and Vector are) RPM is a very major defining point in how good a gun is. There's a reason why the Vector is heavily restricted in ET, its very powerfull.

My main issue with this update is that you are giving non-combatant classes rather powerfull weapons, while i really dont see a reasoning behind doing so since, well, they are non-combatants. With the recent introduction of CI rules which state that they will no longer attack non-combatants if they've already been called out, i only see the need for self-defence weapons going down, not up. 

And, to make one point,  i know that the Mac-10 can be bought in the armory regardless, but there's a big difference  between a class having to buy a weapon from the armory and a class spawning in with it. 

Edited by Falxen

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

1 hour ago, Falxen said:

The Mac-10 is as of current one of the most OP CQC weapons that can be easily gained, and i really dont  see why a research class should spawn in with it.

I dont see how this change even matters, the Research Recruiting Agent is a training job, and as of such OOC is it not? i  dont see the point in giving it a different gun, but seeing as how the class wont use it outside of perhaps shooting rouge trainee's and showing off, but to that point the Ragingbull is actualy worse then the P2000.

Again, the Vector is a rather powerfull SMG, and i just dont see the logic behind giving it to a non-combatant class.

My main issue with this update is that you are giving non-combatant classes rather powerfull weapons, while i really dont see a reasoning behind doing so since, well, they are non-combatants. With the recent introduction of CI rules which state that they will no longer attack non-combatants if they've already been called out, i only see the need for self-defence weapons going down, not up. And you're giving your research staff weapons here which even most ET cant use because they are not fair to fight against.

And, to make one point,  i know that the Mac-10 can be bought in the armory regardless, but there's a big difference  between a class having to buy a weapon from the armory and a class spawning in with it. 

+/-

Im all for giving researchers better odds at defending themselves but I feel like lower powered weaponry could be used.

• Like 1

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

14 minutes ago, BadAim said:

+/-

Im all for giving researchers better odds at defending themselves but I feel like lower powered weaponry could be used.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

20 minutes ago, BadAim said:

+/-

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

+SUPPORT

This update has been ran by the DOURS, who has also informed us that it has been verified to be without issue by the O5 Council. Spawning with these cheap weapons is not as big of an issue as some people think it is. Self defense is a norm, not a privilege. The Vector is NOT OP. It is basically a slightly improved UZI, that has been given to the Foundation Doctor.

Screenshot_20200429-215101_Discord.jpg

4 hours ago, Kumandant said:

+SUPPORT

This update has been ran by the DOURS, who has also informed us that it has been verified to be without issue by the O5 Council. Spawning with these cheap weapons is not as big of an issue as some people think it is. Self defense is a norm, not a privilege. The Vector is NOT OP. It is basically a slightly improved UZI, that has been given to the Foundation Doctor.

gog

+SUPPORT

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+SUPPORT

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

9 hours ago, Kumandant said:

+SUPPORT

Femboy Hooters. No Cogs he's mine.

Omi9 2LT Lee JL6

18 hours ago, Falxen said:

Also, this is not simply a "slightly improved UZI", its got nearly double the RPM, and on the server ATM if you are talking medium damage weapons (Which both the UZI and Vector are) RPM is a very major defining point in how good a gun is. There's a reason why the Vector is heavily restricted in ET, its very powerfull.

My main issue with this update is that you are giving non-combatant classes rather powerfull weapons, while i really dont see a reasoning behind doing so since, well, they are non-combatants. With the recent introduction of CI rules which state that they will no longer attack non-combatants if they've already been called out, i only see the need for self-defence weapons going down, not up. 

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

21 hours ago, Falxen said:

21 hours ago, Falxen said:

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

22 hours ago, Falxen said:

23 hours ago, Kumandant said:

+SUPPORT

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

On 4/29/2020 at 7:40 AM, Falxen said: