What are you suggesting? - A lot of people probably looked at the title of this post and thought, "Wait what's 098? did they mean 096?" Or something along those lines, there is a good reason for this. At the moment 098 on the server is a joke. It cant do anything. Its a donator job that may as well not exist in the first place. I want to change that, unlike most people I like this scp and enjoy playing as it, however with the current state of the scp there's no reason to play it. So to make this simple ill list of the good things and the bad thing and then explain what id like to happen. As of writing this 098 has 600 Hp and 200AP its strong and can tank a lot of damage, but it only has a cleaver to actually fight with., There can but up to four of them at a time, But 966 doesn't require real money to play as and there can be five of them. They can also turn invisible. And lastly is the biggest problem with 098. They can be recontained with one shot from a tranquiliser and because they don't do enough damage to kill whoever shot them they are almost guaranteed to be recontained after being shot. And keep in mind this is the same rank required for 682 but compared to 682 this may as well not even exist at the moment. What i want is to make 098 a more feared scp instead of the walking joke it is at the moment. There are a few ways this could be done if this gets accepted and I will list them here.
1. Make it so you have to kill 098 to recontain them instead of shooting them once with a tranq, this works fine with 966 and I don't see any reason that it shouldn't be the same for 098
2. Buff 098's damage so it may be able to kill whoever tranqued it before going unconscious at the moment the cleaver can do around 40 damage on average to someone without armour. For people with armour this goes down even more. 098 is supposed to "possess both razor-sharp claws and tough armour. " Whilst the armour part is true the razor sharp claws are basically a back scratcher for most classed on the server right now.
3. Lastly this wont exactly make it better but adding some rules or guidelines to its section in the motd would definitely make it easier to play. every other scp has an entire paragraph on how to play it and 098 has "SCP-098 resembles a form of crustacean crab ranging in size and variation. They possess both razor-sharp claws and tough armour." No rules, no guidelines except self breaching.
If you need more reason then you should know that three whole breaches, each having four 098's were all recontained by one rcf with a tranquiliser, he never died and he never had any backup.
How would this change better the server? - I believe this would make 098 a more played class and compared to what we have for 098 at the moment it would feel like having a whole new scp. People would enjoy playing it for once and it would finally be worth the silver that you need to play as it. It would make the server better by having more things to do as an ascp and more scp;s that you'd get to try and deal with as an mtf. Instead of just being "oh yeah shoot it once with a tranq then just stand there and laugh at it" it would actually be something mtf have to work towards recontaining. With the 098 at the moment people don't even know how to recontain it, I've had people tell me you have to kill it and you cant tranq it, people have told me you need to tranq it, one person even said you have to bag it and then cuff it. I honestly think that even adding some rules to the motd for it would help the server even if the scp itself doesn't get a buff,
Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - As of writing this I can thing of two disadvantages
1. This could be buffed too much and become insanely powerfull if more than one is online
2. If it gets accepted there would probably be confusion in the first day or two whilst people adjust to it.
Who would this change mostly benefit? - People who play on dclass and scp's that aren't part of many branches or don't play on branches often, it could also benefit mtf by giving them more scenarios to experience and more ways to recontain scp's however it would effect people who mainly play scp's a lot more.
Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -N/A