General Suggestion - MOTD Rewording of 682's feeding process [Completed]

Zarl

What are you suggesting? - Reword the way the MOTD puts 682's feeding process.

Old wording: Class-D must be thrown into the acid to feed SCP-682 properly.

New Wording: Class-D Must be thrown into 682's inner CC to feed 682 properly.

How would this change better the server? - The old wording allowed 682 to continue breaching if the 682's acid was down when he was fed.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 682 Can't perform scummy breaches

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  Everyone but 682

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - Making the suggestion because I just had a 682 get returned to the site to breach because his acid wasn't up when he was fed.

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

9 hours ago, Jess1224 said:

-support I think this purely comes down to a loophole situation and I don't see any reason for staff to not warn a 682 who breaches after being fed just because they "didn't go in the acid"

Retried: CI LTCMDR CI R&D AIN, E11 CPT, and Research Assistant Manager.

9 hours ago, Jess1224 said:

-support I think this purely comes down to a loophole situation and I don't see any reason for staff to not warn a 682 who breaches after being fed just because they "didn't go in the acid"

📂📭📁📂📭📄📁📄︎🗐︎ Owner CC: CI TF2 Heavy (without Auger)|

I also believed that throwing d-class into a 682 with no acid didn't count as feeding. I wasn't trying to loophole just following motd even if a little too literally, figured there was a reason for the line. Its pointless at best and misleading at worst. Why not get rid of it unless it has meaning?

+support

+support

this has happened multiple times and it is one of the main reasons I left MTF branches.

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

14 hours ago, Nydekore said:

Meh, +support, I don’t see why it’s that big of a difference, very little importance to it

I can see why. Throwing them into acid, especially the kind used on 682, would just instant dissolve the D-Class, which is not feeding him. Sure, its a technicality but its also an RP game.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

5 hours ago, FusionThunder said:

+Support

Loophole cringe

All my homies hate loopholes.

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

682's wording mentions being thrown in the acid which is just a funny way of saying the entire CC. Up or down he still gets fed. Unlike 354 where the D bois MUST be thrown in the lake to stop the breach where the lake is only a part of the CC. One is a loophole, one actually matters

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

+support

aint no way some 682 tried to breach because his acid was down 💀

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

+Support

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

On 4/19/2022 at 8:43 AM, J0LTY W0LTY said:

+support

aint no way some 682 tried to breach because his acid was down 💀

It happened to me as well, I was upset about it

+support

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

+Support for changing the MOTD.

It's not a loophole, it's literally what the MOTD says. If I was a new player to the server and/or relatively new to SCP-RP in general, I would be confused by the MOTD wording as well. I always assumed the acid had to stay there because 682 would be able to easily leap out of his inner-CC RP-wise without the constant damage from the acid so he'd have to make do with D-Class acid soup.

Edited by Kvist
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, [GL] Mike said:

+Support I guess? 
But abusing loop holes in the MOTD is a warn able offense. 

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

On 4/19/2022 at 1:25 PM, Average Pipebomb enjoyer said:

-Support some mfs need to learn what common sense is like damn yall should stop following the exact wording of a god damn document this is the exact reason MOTD is like 30 pages long

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

On 4/17/2022 at 4:35 PM, Nydekore said:

Meh, +support, I don’t see why it’s that big of a difference, very little importance to it

Current Ranks: N/A

Former Ranks: CI SFTO HLS Major D4 Ambrose IV RRH Guardian Romeo 13   SCP-RP Senior Admin RFM EXM CCU 

CC's: MTF E11 'Last Call' CI Recon Force Frank West MTF Sigma 66 Trooper CI TF2 Heavy Security Elite Sniper  The Mets Farmer Jakub