Bring back the “Redaction” of SF - Denied

Its Buck

What are you suggesting? -  Bring back the redaction of SF (E4, D4, HSU, RFA, Warden, EOI, G9)

How would this change better the server? -  

One of the coolest parts of the server was having a chance at being Redacted. Handpicked and anonymous to all. Everyone wanted the opportunity to be redacted and in a SF. Now it just seems like an extra job that just gets hand picked. 

People don’t really acknowledge the fact that they still are redacted in RP. If they see someone in an open channel more then likely a comment about them being in SF will be made. Before the un-redaction was done people were “scared “ of creating a data leak and being striked. Now people just say OOC before asking a question to someone about an SF. 

it can get very frustrating to have people comment on it and ask about your SF.

Bringing back the Redaction would cause less issues and less data leaks. With the only real issue being names.  

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  HCMD would have to edit rosters and SF may have to change names/call signs 

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  Special Forces

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

1 minute ago, Fieryphonix said:

- Support Anyone could use RP look up and it also helps prevent issues by having them not redacted in OOC

They are still redacted in RP for the ones that are, but it's also in a good place right now because back when it was redacted in and out of character people would just develop superiority complexes because they feel that they're special that way. Where SF are right now is a good place, and doesn't cause people to feel that they are better than anyone because they are in a SF.

-Support

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

-Support

Completely agree with Ignis. The problem with Redaction was it caused people to have an extremely oversized ego just for being on a specific job/sub-branch, and that kind of mentality overall will always do more harm than good.

55 minutes ago, [GL] Bacon/Buck said:

it can get very frustrating to have people comment on it and ask about your SF.

Side note: I don't understand how its frustrating to have people ask questions about a division your in. 99% of the time all they want to do is try and get into it as well, the least you can do is answer.

• Like 1

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

1 hour ago, [GL] Bacon/Buck said:

Now it just seems like an extra job that just gets hand picked. 

Before the un-redaction was done people were “scared “ of creating a data leak and being striked. Now people just say OOC before asking a question to someone about an SF. 

I 100% agree with you here

However, the only way to get back to SF being respected is to first change the communities attitude towards SF. rn people just don't respect SF cause theirs no consequences not to respect them and most of the time SF are mingy af making them seem less respectable.

Edited by recon

38 minutes ago, Hoovy said:

-Support

Completely agree with Ignis. The problem with Redaction was it caused people to have an extremely oversized ego just for being on a specific job/sub-branch, and that kind of mentality overall will always do more harm than good.

Side note: I don't understand how its frustrating to have people ask questions about a division your in. 99% of the time all they want to do is try and get into it as well, the least you can do is answer.

1 hour ago, IgnisNuts said:

They are still redacted in RP for the ones that are, but it's also in a good place right now because back when it was redacted in and out of character people would just develop superiority complexes because they feel that they're special that way. Where SF are right now is a good place, and doesn't cause people to feel that they are better than anyone because they are in a SF.

-Support

I mean no Diss but most SF still have a fuckin ego bigger then my warn count. 

To be honest the whole idea of SF is something I do not like because basically every SF in this game becomes biased for and against people then they also get ridiculous rank equivalencies. E4/D4 = COL   HSU I dont even know and RRH global WO rank.  

If you dont want people to feel entitled then attack the fucking rank equivalencies not if they are redacted or not. Like putting it into perspective if someone gets SF for example a SSGT you are basically promoting them like 8 or 9 ranks simply by getting on a job. 

Edited by Some Weeb

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

No thanks.

I assume you mean removing the SF names from the roster. 

No. I'd rather not have to go through three different people if I see a D4 or HSU doing shit they aren't supposed to. 

1 hour ago, [GL] Bacon/Buck said:

If they see someone in an open channel more then likely a comment about them being in SF will be made. Before the un-redaction was done people were “scared “ of creating a data leak and being striked. Now people just say OOC before asking a question to someone about an SF. 

There's not much point to this ^
If it's an in-RP channel, I can see. There can be RP punishments, like interrogation or termination. But you can piss off if I, or anyone else, gets a strike for saying an SF's name OOC.

1 hour ago, Fieryphonix said:

Anyone could use RP look up and it also helps prevent issues by having them not redacted in OOC

^

-Support

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

1 hour ago, Hoovy said:

-Support

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

37 minutes ago, Right Twix Bar said:

No thanks.

I assume you mean removing the SF names from the roster. 

No. I'd rather not have to go through three different people if I see a D4 or HSU doing shit they aren't supposed to. 

There's not much point to this ^
If it's an in-RP channel, I can see. There can be RP punishments, like interrogation or termination. But you can piss off if I, or anyone else, gets a strike for saying an SF's name OOC.

^

-Support

For the record, HSU are not redacted and I don't believe they ever were. Nu-7 HCMD has no plans to make them redacted. But yes, what Twix said.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

-Support

If SF's are losing respect it's because they're minging or otherwise ruining people's fun which can lead to retaliation. So many times I've seen people goofing around and an SF member will AOS them for it. I hate it when it happens and I consider myself a pretty heavy rper. People are overall sick of the redaction and I stand with that. It is out of respect for RP that people address someone by their SF name and it should stay that way.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

- Support 

No, there is so many ways to get their names that redacting them won't do anything. Also, everyone has been unredacted and there is no way to un-unredacted everything.

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

3 hours ago, Hoovy said:

-Support

Man, I hate the people who take being an "SF" in fucking garrys mod to their head. 

• Like 1

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

4 hours ago, IgnisNuts said:

-Support

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

-support

”haha I’m redacted in a video game! I’m hot shit!”

just no, people abuse that stuff to much and have such a big ego, this is a semi serious gmod rp server now real life, besides I wanna see who these people actually are on the roster so I can report them if they are minging as I actually have the most problems with people in sf’s usually in game.

• Dislike 2

The best D class player to ever exist

UwU >:3

Security best branch

Owns: D-3621

5 hours ago, Hoovy said:

-Support

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

5 hours ago, IgnisNuts said:

-Support

Absolutely not. The redacted stuff OOC was absolutely bonkers and I hated it.

- Support

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

-support

This would just cause more problems for staff and it would just be pointless rule that really just gets people more pissed off.

honestly imo it would just be better if the entire "redacted system" should just gets thrown off the table, even in lore the 05 council is not redacted, the only thing that is redacted is personal stuff like there name, who they are, ECT

Edited by Evil

1 hour ago, Evil said:

-support

This would just cause more problems for staff and it would just be pointless rule that really just gets people more pissed off.

honestly imo it would just be better if the entire "redacted system" should just gets thrown off the table, even in lore the 05 council is not redacted, the only thing that is redacted is personal stuff like there name, who they are, ECT

In lore all Level 3+ of the foundation get told about "The overseer council". Basically 05 council so I agree with evil on this certain things make absolutely no sense.

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

-Support

Sfs are in a good spot rn and I'd like if it was kept that way.

If you have a problem with an sf being too mingy or having too much of a bigger ego just report them to the sf heads. Roster is there y'know.

EX Head Of Staff SCP-RP | CI will forever be in my heart. 1/15/21 - 8/1/22 (CI CMDR Cosmic ITLY)

*This was decided by all SF Command at the time & HCMD + SA+, If you aren't one of those you shouldn't really be suggesting it back without asking first.*

- Support.

Edited by Kieran ♡

𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒮𝒞𝒫-𝑅𝒫 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇
𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁-𝑅𝒫 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 / 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎 - 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓊𝑔𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝒸 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 / 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 - 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎
𝐸𝓍-𝒵𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝒢𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓃 / 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓎 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁