(TCM) Jack's Permanent Ban Appeal

[GL] Jack I the One & Only

+Support 
He may have spammed props but i seriously doubt he would try to crash the server, and 50 players? really? i dont think props would crash the server with 50 players, Jack should AT MINIMUM get a reduced ban IMO.

• Like 1

[SCP RP] Former Research Administrator | Research Field Agent | Chair Professor of RRA - Former RRH Analyst 'November 1' -- MTF Nu7 Second Lieutenant  Senior Event Team Member - Former Admin
1738.png.2860d6d83ce908d8cece340a33865cfb.png

52 minutes ago, Sarge said:

you purposefully went out of your way to attempt to crash the server

I did not try to crash it, nor did it actually crash? Attempting to crash the server would involve me placing the props in 457's cc and asking him to burn them all, spawning like 1k fire particles (or something like that lol). At no point was there intent to crash,

I was just minging, it was 2am and I was playing around :v

TCM Jack CI Heinz / J03 Italian Mob Boss Zepelli 😳Former CI Research Administrator Heinz - Not [REDACTED] Researcher   

(+Support)

My homie Jack doesn't deserve a permanent ban nor do I believe he did that to crash the server. He isn't that type of person to do that.

~Love, Tania

Edited by Oxteru
  • Gaminglight Love 1

"Osu! Fucking Pro"

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

I begin this by quoting the rules section ALL PLAYERS #3 which states "You should only use props to enhance an RP situation." I hardly see the mass prop spawning of a hazmat dummy in the water on surface a way to enhance an already established RP scenario. 

Also the screenshots which we provided to Rangiatea further prove that you purposefully went out of your way to attempt to crash the server via mass prop spawning which shows intent.

It's a -1 from me.

Free From GL ❤️

3 hours ago, [GL] Jack I the One & Only said:

Next, at the time at which I was banned (Around 2-4am), there were roughly 50 people on the server.

I find it hard to believe in any stretch of the mind that spamming up to 10 props at 50 players would impact the server's preformance, or even remotely possibly crash the server.

Yes, I was certainly propspamming and minging, but at no point was there intent nor ability to cause a server crash. 

The props I was spawning (for the most part, I did spawn up to my 10 a few times in a row during my PT, but that was *for* the PT) were the SLAM (models/weapons/w_slam.mdl) hazmat (models/mishka/models/hazmat.mdl) and possibly egg (models/props_phx/misc/egg.mdl) if it isn't on the prop blacklist.

As for my dispute, there are only three issues (according to staff handbook, which I get doesn't apply as much to HoS) that would warrant a permanent ban-
#1- Racism, Homophobia, Transphobia, ETC
#2- DDOS Threats, Advertisement of Other Servers, Attempting to Crash Server
#3- Warning Threshold Bans

I am completely unsure how my mass spawning of up to 10 props at a single time would fall under any of these, as I am completely unsure how 10 props could crash the server at all, rather it would more likely be labelled as "Prop Abuse/Prop Block"

I was also informed by a friend that they were told I had gone beyond the "certain limit of props", of which is not in MOTD nor Staff Handbook, and had not received any warning covering such info from a staff member any time beforehand.
(Somewhat relevant: I had previously PMed Rang why I was removed from the O5 Staff branch, never got a response back from him, and instead had to contact a friend once again who claims rang told them that I was removed for"dragging 682 around as a pet" (false, but understandable how he came to that impression, as I was taking him to a test- contacted O5 about this), and "prop minging" - both with an extra warning from the friend to not do either again.)

I am not trying to claim I did nothing wrong, rather that the punishment in this case is excessive. 

Prop spamming can crash the server. You were warned before for a similar almost identical incident. Permanent Bans can be issued by SMT if it warrants it. It doesn't matter about what the staff handbook explains as that is meant for Trial Mods through Super Admin. Since this would be the second time I would definitely permanently ban you as you didn't take the first time seriously. But I'm not HoS anymore (Just a perspective).

Not sure why you are lying in the last few sentences 😜 

• Gaminglight Love 1

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

2 hours ago, Oxteru said:

(+Support)

My homie Jack doesn't deserve a permanent ban nor do I believe he did that to crash the server. He isn't that type of person to do that.

~Love, Tania

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

3 hours ago, DooM Guy said:

MAJOR +SUPPORT

You guy are looking at this wrong. Even if the prop limit is more then 10 he had no idea because WHEN YOU BUY SILVER IT TELL YOU YOU HAD A CAP OF 10 ON BRONZE. At that point it's on EMT for putting that in the store description. even then, a perma ban is way to harsh for someone simply prop spamming. I believe he had no intent on crashing the server what so ever. Jack isn't the type of guy to do that. I could see a war or maybe a few day ban but a perma ban is next to ridiculous.  Plus there was like 50 people on the server. Like bruh I've seen Rang crash the server with Molotov's before lmao. 

He should at least have the ban shortened, I mean c'mon, really??

That whole argument is stupid. If he spawned in let's say 50 props at once, and still claiming he thought he only spawned in 10. That's a reasonable perma ban. 

• Angry 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

PoliceRP Manager

-Support

You were previously warned on this exact issue. You were already given a "second chance" when you were verbally warned that day.

Even with the arguments about prop limits, knowingly going over that limit for purposes of "minging" as you say could very well be considered exploiting. We just had an appeal about "knowingly going over assigned limits". SMT made clear you shouldn't be doing this type of stuff.

• Angry 1

I am not going to + or - support this.

5 hours ago, Eternity said:

That whole argument is stupid. If he spawned in let's say 50 props at once, and still claiming he thought he only spawned in 10. That's a reasonable perma ban

Jack I respect you and you work hard but this... This just doesnt make sense to me. 

I dont want to say anything else.

I have no words. Im sorry.

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

+Support

I don't think that permanent ban is appropriate here. Jack is a long time member of the community and is well respected, I genuinely don't think that he intended to crash or slow the server, and there is no evidence that the server was negatively affected in any way. What motivation would he have to actually try to hurt the server? He's not just some random troll who came on at 2AM to try to crash it. He was just fooling around with props and maybe got carried away a bit. 

@IgneousI don't think that perma-banning long time members who have been loyal to the server and have done a lot to keep activity up will do anything but harm the server in the long term. To my understanding, jack has had very little trouble with staff and I am certain that the benefit from his presence on the server far outweighs whatever negative affect may have come from his prop-minging.

• Laughing 1

Italian Boss Vincent "Vinny" Vincenzo     /   Research Command    /    O-5 Council Research Staff

youtube.com/watch?v=LZN8PnI39Ng

Sixx's Pussy is NOT mediocre even if SMT says it is!

3 minutes ago, TheBrigand said:

+Support

I don't think that permanent ban is appropriate here. Jack is a long time member of the community and is well respected, I genuinely don't think that he intended to crash or slow the server, and there is no evidence that the server was negatively affected in any way. What motivation would he have to actually try to hurt the server? He's not just some random troll who came on at 2AM to try to crash it. He was just fooling around with props and maybe got carried away a bit. 

@IgneousI don't think that perma-banning long time members who have been loyal to the server and have done a lot to keep activity up will do anything but harm the server in the long term. To my understanding, jack has had very little trouble with staff and I am certain that the benefit from his presence on the server far outweighs whatever negative affect may have come from his prop-minging.

But at the same time as a long time member he would know better, if this was someone new it would probably be a different story, but Jack has played on the server for a while and probably should understand the rules by now.

Not only that apparently he has done something like this before? I don't the context behind that warn but from the sound of it he's a repeat offender.

Also why in the world would you do that Jack? Was it for a stupid meaningless meme? 

Personally I'm probably going to have to -1 for now.

Former DHOS

Current GENSEC LTCOL - Deputy Head Juggernaut - HIRU 

18 minutes ago, TheBrigand said:

+Support

DoNt PiNg My DaD HE haS Wurk ya know

After everything everyone said whos down for  a 2 week - 1 month ban 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

21 minutes ago, _Alpha_ said:

But at the same time as a long time member he would know better, if this was someone new it would probably be a different story, but Jack has played on the server for a while and probably should understand the rules by now.

Not only that apparently he has done something like this before? I don't the context behind that warn but from the sound of it he's a repeat offender.

Also why in the world would you do that Jack? Was it for a stupid meaningless meme? 

Personally I'm probably going to have to -1 for now.

• Like 1

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

this is a hard one to decide honestly, +/- support. I don't think theres proof enough to say hes trying to crash the server which in my opinion means that this shouldn't warrant a perma ban. 6 months outta do it?

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~

1 hour ago, TheBrigand said:

+Support

Why would you @ me, I didn't ban the guy nor did I deal with this situation at all.

• Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

big cat running GIF

1 hour ago, Igneous said:

Why would you @ me, I didn't ban the guy nor did I deal with this situation at all.

I thought that the only person who would be able to repeal the ban would be you, considering the HoS gave it.

Italian Boss Vincent "Vinny" Vincenzo     /   Research Command    /    O-5 Council Research Staff

youtube.com/watch?v=LZN8PnI39Ng

Sixx's Pussy is NOT mediocre even if SMT says it is!

+Support
(I have very mixed feelings about the situation, though, I think this is the final outcome I feel here.)

-I do agree, Heinz has done some things he definitely shouldn't have, and yes, he is mingy. Though, I don't find it completely reasonable to remove him from RPing on SCP-RP permanently. 

-He has done some very good things on an RP standpoint for SCP-RP, whether in CI, and 05 Staff. I think no one can deny, he did play a part in the community. Lets not lie on that standpoint.

-He was active, and did well to communicate with people. Though, I think sometimes, he frustrated people, it was with his minginess, not the way he talked to people. I won't lie, I never had a terrible interaction with him.

Here's my final recommendation. Don't perma ban him. I do agree, he should be punished. Yes, what he did was not right. However, perma ban is an eternity. Forever. He has the right to appeal, and I think that its fair to say, though this is deserving of a big punishment, it is not quite that big of a punishment. My person recommendation is a 48 day ban. Upon his return, he has his prop perms removed.  That way, he can still play his part on SCP-RP, but not be provided the resources that are the true source to his minginess. Thank you for considering my take on this.

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

-Support for a complete unban, +Support for a reduction to 6 months.

• Like 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

8 minutes ago, Rangiatea said:

This would involve either staff constantly watching him or removing his donator rank

Then I recommend the latter of the two. Simple solution if he was willing to abide with that compromise. Not like that Donator Rank is doing much for him now anyway.

Edited by NeoID

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

+support, I really like Jack, he adds wonderful RP aspects to the game

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

+ Support

The few interactions I have had with Jack have been good. He seems like a good guy. And from mostly everyone else's reactions, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

What Neo says is how I also feel,

50 minutes ago, NeoID said:

Here's my final recommendation. Don't perma ban him. I do agree, he should be punished. Yes, what he did was not right. However, perma ban is an eternity. Forever. He has the right to appeal, and I think that its fair to say, though this is deserving of a big punishment, it is not quite that big of a punishment. My person recommendation is a 48 day ban. Upon his return, he has his prop perms removed.  That way, he can still play his part on SCP-RP, but not be provided the resources that are the true source to his minginess. Thank you for considering my take on this.

Though, 48 days is a bit weird of a ban, it's a slight bit over a month and a half. I'd suggest a 30, 45, or 60 day ban.

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3)