General Suggestion - Deleting the Blue Line (1 week later edition) - Denied

Jameshi34

What are you suggesting? - The removal of the blue line from lower D-Block and the rules that accompany it.

How would this change better the server? - Alright, it's been a week. My opinion of the blue line was swayed slightly. I'm aware of why the blue line was put into effect; D-Class couldn't overcome Gensec, as well as 10+ MTF, during a riot event.  Now, turn your attention to what happened today. Not only was this riot not an event, but Gensec, as well as 2 MTF at most,  couldn't hold back the D-Class. The riot went on for well past 1/2 an hour, and we had to get 05s to throw gas bombs in, riot protocol was called, full lockdown was called, and partial was active for nearly the entire time as well. This is what I see as a perfect counter to Rang's explanation for implementing the blue line. The blue line was critical in making the feat of taking back D-Block nearly impossible. 9 days ago today, I said "... however, when we have D-Class with snipers and assault rifles that are unable to be killed, our Enlisted will die in masses." Not only were our Enlisted wiped out within seconds of entering D-Block, but so were NCOs, Security Command, MTF, Wardens, 05s, and when the riots got out of D-Block, the Cold Silvers were wiped out. The D-Class had 4 or 5 CCs on, as well as upwards of 15 normal D-Class on during this riot. Most if not all armed. We 7-odd Gensec didn't stand a chance. I also said that the usage of the pillars would make D-Class invincible in 2 spots. I'll admit this, I was wrong. It provides them with 4 invincible spots, when the elevator is down at least. I figured that we could fire from our barricades and shoot out the people on the side pillars (non-elevator pillars). Indeed, this was a fruitless thought. Without MTF support, D-Block was lost during a big riot. I'd like it to be known that this is to be expected. Gensec is as it is to contain D-Class and suppress riots, but when those riots get out of hand, it isn't uncommon for Gensec to call for MTF support. For a while, E11 was there in the hallway to help us how they could. but then Defcon 4 was called so they had to leave. During the full lockdown we had 2 MTF in D-Block with us, both Nu7 I believe. We were all terminated within a minute.  I'd like to reiterate that D-Class never needed a buff, and Gensec never needed a nerf. Please read over my previous post and know that still, every upper Gensec's opinion on this topic hasn't changed. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - D-Class won't be able to have D-Block for hours on end. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Gensec, MTF, Researchers, (medical were barely on this week so idk)

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

Edited by Jameshi34
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Gensec LTCOL | Deputy Head Warden S.T.A.R.S. Michael Jones Enthusiast

do you are have stupid?                                   goodjob.PNG.9c25ffc1a65cd99790254177add16546.PNG

Yes it would slightly benifit medical as A we have our own sub branch for research that some times requires SCPs and B well we got field medics and we also can’t do our job as well when their are multiple armed D class running around medbay but I still think it should stay -support it helps the D class a bit 

Edited by pixalgamer99
  • Like 1

-Support
The line serves multiple purposes at this current time, It shows that foundation are unable to enter upper dblock, it makes it so D-Class have a more reasonable time combating Security, And it makes Security Riot Control feel more special and actually have a niche.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 2

+Support

Blue line isn't necessary for class D to take D Block, it just makes everybody else's lives a lot harder. I would be fine with it staying if say GENSEC command could go past (I am an NCO btw), but as of right now I would prefer it be removed.

• Like 1

Armored Shield | Gensec MAJ EWD | DHFTO | OPRF

image.png.e09ac0bccd380d6b8f4058660ffdf6f7.png

Just now, Crabbo said:

-Support
The line serves multiple purposes at this current time, It shows that foundation are unable to enter upper dblock, it makes it so D-Class have a more reasonable time combating Security, And it makes Security Riot Control feel more special and actually have a niche.

My point is D-Class don't need a more reasonable time fighting security, as before the line was implemented riots happened every day and D-Class escaped every day. Security Riot Control is a sub-branch, and as such those Riot Control have their other, main jobs. We shouldn't have to rely on an inactive sub-branch to take care of all our LDB problems. As Security we take care of D-Block and with it, its problems. The blue line is unnecessary and nigh completely inhibits our ability to do our job.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3

Gensec LTCOL | Deputy Head Warden S.T.A.R.S. Michael Jones Enthusiast

do you are have stupid?                                   goodjob.PNG.9c25ffc1a65cd99790254177add16546.PNG

30 minutes ago, Crabbo said:

-Support

25 minutes ago, Jameshi34 said:

My point is D-Class don't need a more reasonable time fighting security, as before the line was implemented riots happened every day and D-Class escaped every day. Security Riot Control is a sub-branch, and as such those Riot Control have their other, main jobs. We shouldn't have to rely on an inactive sub-branch to take care of all our LDB problems. As Security we take care of D-Block and with it, its problems. The blue line is unnecessary and nigh completely inhibits our ability to do our job.

I hate to come off as rude but calling the sub branch inactive really isn’t an excuse. It’s not D class’s problem that the sub speciality is inactive.

Moreover, about the sniping, if you can just spray a SMG in the general direction of the d class you can take them down.

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

-Support

Yeah no. The line is there for a reason. D-Class is nearly balanced and removing this change is just gonna make things worse. Plus it prevents (Well tells them) OFC's from just wondering in UDB, if you don't like the line cause you can't kill some 100hp guy in orange suit who's shooting at you with a pistol just get gud. Riot control exist for a reason.

687515010_Screenshot2021-05-12013101.png.d685e9dcb10c05e7081de12f3296b980.png

-Support    

At first I was skeptical of it, but it seems to be ok these days. I don't see any problems with it, we even managed to get Riot Control able to pass, and I personally think that's good enough.

Edit: If anything, I personally also think its rather nice that we get to go up to that spesific point, as before I was keeping everyone by their barricades. Now that this is in place, I dont have to do that anymore, and GENSEC technically gets more space then I personally allowed in the past.

Edited by Lantard

|Retired Security CPT||Mr. Golf||Retired Maintenance OSPV||MTF E11 Directorate "V" ||Retired Omi-9 SSGT||Nu7 MSGT||Retired E-11 CPT||Retired D5 1LT||Ex-Senior Coldsilver|

-Support

I think we should keep the blue line for longer, however I would personally like security to have the ability to pass it during partial. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

-support

We need some new rules about the blue line and when its for combat. One thing i hate riot control only to stop ccs. It be helpful when theres a combat situation and we should be allowed to kill the ccs when they start fighting. Two i seen riots break out of control but you need to plan your attacks on a riot break out.

-support to be honest i feel like the blue line did effect nothing its almost the same as before in my opinion  you guys have every thing  weapons armor hp and everything you use to stop riots you have a ton of branches with different stuff you have maintances to give you armor at the back you have medics you have E11 engineers which can build you defensis you have wardens you have every single way to maintain a riot you can do a partial and its over but still you want to overkill us and keep us with no way of rioting 😞 think of  the D-Class too don't just look at it from your own side or faction todays riot in my opinion there was barly any security or MTF online but there was alot of ccs online i gotta admit and we had the numbers which supported this  but thats it really i'v seen days where d class m couldn't escape or riot because of the guards numbers or no ccs online  we can have like 15 d class or 25 but we can't do anything m its usually the ccs that do the work or Pro Dclass (Diamond rank class) bascially the people with guns are the ones that do the job really or donators

Edited by Tweety

4 hours ago, Crabbo said:

-Support

3 hours ago, Propane said:

-support 

Just get good 

4 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

I hate to come off as rude but calling the sub branch inactive really isn’t an excuse. It’s not D class’s problem that the sub speciality is inactive.

Moreover, about the sniping, if you can just spray a SMG in the general direction of the d class you can take them down.

-Support

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

+/- Support.

I'm more for moving BACK the line a bit more.

When people whine that research can't do tests and security is always losing D-block, but then want them to lose D-Block and have hands up on 24/7.

• Like 1

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

--Message from Forum Diplomats--

Please refrain from arguing, going off topic, or other things of the sort. Keep posts on this topic to +/- Supports only please. Continuation will result in the post being locked until SMT makes a decision on it.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate
  • Like 1

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

I respect this suggestion but I feel you kinda forgot how before d class that rioted  just got rushed by 3 GENSEC CC'S and got 3 benelli's to the face 

In my opinion this is a opportunity for GENSEC to flourish in riot control and snipers to persevere and get there branch active on speciality classes 

Edited by Dragin

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG