Removal of 999s medkit - Denied

Blarg

What you want to see? -  I want to see 999s medkit removed or replaced with something else

Why should we add it? - He is constantly healing when hes not supposed to and often (some) gensec go straight to 999 for healing even when theres medical online.

What are the advantages of having this? - More medical RP causing more activity in medbay and more healing.

Who is it mainly for? - Gensec, 999 and medical

Links to any content - 
 Also some might say that removal 999s medkit will leave him as a useless SCP with no swep, but look at 527 and 131-A and 131-B.

SCPRP Former Head Of Medical Staff | "I was hom" | PhD in botching surgeries
ImperialRP Former 69th Medical Corps Senior Commander and Former Commander "What do you mean the patient needs to have a spine to survive?"-Some researcher (probably)  Former ImperialRP Senior Admin
CERTIFIED MEDIC MAIN

-Support, if 999 is healing with Medical on, you call Staff.

This would be like removing 939's damaging swep because some people dont follow the killing rules properly.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

-Support

Literally would make the SCP-999 job useless. Not only that but its useful when there is no medical staff online. Just call staff if SCP-999 is healing with medical on.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

1 hour ago, Falxen said:

This would be like removing 939's damaging swep because some people dont follow the killing rules properly.

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

3 hours ago, Falxen said:

This basically destroys 999

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

5 hours ago, Falxen said:

Former Assistant Head Of Maintenance & Engineering

You're a winner kid, don't you ever forget that.

+support
considering people are forgetting this literally goes against the wiki and has 0 lore bases there is no point, it can be easily abused and I have seen many people pestor 999 to heal them trying to avoid medbay. People will still go as 999 just like people go as the eyeball one. We can always see if they can add a swep or something to 999. Just makes no sense for 999 to have a medkit.

●•۩۞۩[̲̅Ɠ̲̅є̲̅т̲̲̅̅۰̲̅я̲̲̅є̲̅̅к̲̅т̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅]۩۞۩•●

+Support

Medical has been fighting with 999 for AGES and MOTD rules have not been enough of a measure to keep him in check. Players don't report him for healing when medbay staff are online, and proof is incredibly difficult to obtain for fail RP healing by 999 when people DO report him (which is exceedingly rare, as there's little incentive for players to report a person who's giving them healing).

People who play on 999 usually don't care if medbay staff are on, they just heal because they want to be a friendly helpful blob. People who get healed by 999 usually don't care if medbay staff are on, they're just standing there and 999 decides to heal them, now they dont have to take a trip down to medbay and the mentality becomes "its not their fault 999 is fail healing, so why should they report it."

I honestly just think it's time for the medkit to go. It's been nothing but a pain for medbay trying to compete with it. 999 Isn't even able to heal physical wounds in lore, so it's not like this would be a nonsensical change in RP.

Why are people so afraid of having another RP-based Safe-class SCP? I believe people would still play on 999 even without the medkit-- he's one of the most influential and recognizeable SCP characters, and he can still do plenty of RP even without being able to heal. (For example, we could make him much more prevalent in efforts for recontaining 682, or helping researchers/medical with any sort of RP that involves needing to elevate mood / emotions in a subject.)

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, CanOBeanz said:

+Support

Medical has been fighting with 999 for AGES and MOTD rules have not been enough of a measure to keep him in check. Players don't report him for healing when medbay staff are online, and proof is incredibly difficult to obtain for fail RP healing by 999 when people DO report him (which is exceedingly rare, as there's little incentive for players to report a person who's giving them healing).

People who play on 999 usually don't care if medbay staff are on, they just heal because they want to be a friendly helpful blob. People who get healed by 999 usually don't care if medbay staff are on, they're just standing there and 999 decides to heal them, now they dont have to take a trip down to medbay and the mentality becomes "its not their fault 999 is fail healing, so why should they report it."

I honestly just think it's time for the medkit to go. It's been nothing but a pain for medbay trying to compete with it. 999 Isn't even able to heal physical wounds in lore, so it's not like this would be a nonsensical change in RP.

Why are people so afraid of having another RP-based Safe-class SCP? I believe people would still play on 999 even without the medkit-- he's one of the most influential and recognizeable SCP characters, and he can still do plenty of RP even without being able to heal. (For example, we could make him much more prevalent in efforts for recontaining 682, or helping researchers/medical with any sort of RP that involves needing to elevate mood / emotions in a subject.)

This is everything I wanted to say.

8 hours ago, Falxen said:

if 999 is healing with Medical on, you call Staff.

From a Staff Point of view, it's almost impossible to deal with this. We can go "I got a report you were healing while medical is on, please don't", but due to the fact that the difficulty to get evidence for this is near impossible (As beanz said, no one reports this anyways) the only time I deal with 999 healing is when I see it. Almost nothing can come out calling staff due to the fact all he has to do is put his medkit away and act like he wasn't healing, as Staff have no way of using tools such as logs to determine if 999 was healing.

8 hours ago, Falxen said:

Here's the thing, Staff have viable options in order to deal with 939s not following rules. As I stated up above, we don't have tools for 999.

I'll leave you with this: Is one Blob's "RP" worth an entire branch's RP?

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

2 hours ago, CanOBeanz said:

+Support

Couldnt say it better myself 

2 hours ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

Too true

+support

Ex-Ahome Cookie  Chicken Pot Pie is good

-Support on removing the Medkit

Removing the medkit seems kind of harsh. However id be down for banning 999 from dblock and seeing how that goes. Makes sure field medics get their RP in D block at the very least.

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

12 minutes ago, Hoovy said:

Removing the medkit seems kind of harsh. However id be down for banning 999 from dblock and seeing how that goes. Makes sure field medics get their RP in D block at the very least.

That's actually a good middle ground, +Support for this if it is unfit for 999 to have his medkit removed

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

21 hours ago, Hoovy said:

I like this idea a lot actually and think it could work; i'd like to see how this goes.

+Support for restricting 999 from D block / D block hallway as a possible solution.

spacer.png

Why do people use lore as an excuse to get what they want? This server is no where near being lore friendly, and theres so many flaws. Using lore ad an excuse is not effective, because I can easily change how the entire server works with the excuse of it being more lore friendly. Heres some examples:

Class D can no longer exit their cells unless being tested. This is lore friendly.

096 can kill anyone who even glances at a pixel of his face for half a second. This is lore friendly.

MTF are not allowed to flag up unless called for by site command. This is lore friendly.

Security now have full control over the facility, and are the first responders to any issues. This is lore friendly.

131s, 066, 527 and etc must be in a cell unless being tested on. This is lore friendly.

I could make 20 other changes with the excuse that its lore friendly, and the server wouldnt be recognized by even the most veteran players. 

-Support

1 hour ago, NetworkParadox said:

Why do people use lore as an excuse to get what they want? This server is no where near being lore friendly, and theres so many flaws. Using lore ad an excuse is not effective, because I can easily change how the entire server works with the excuse of it being more lore friendly. Heres some examples:

Class D can no longer exit their cells unless being tested. This is lore friendly.

096 can kill anyone who even glances at a pixel of his face for half a second. This is lore friendly.

MTF are not allowed to flag up unless called for by site command. This is lore friendly.

Security now have full control over the facility, and are the first responders to any issues. This is lore friendly.

131s, 066, 527 and etc must be in a cell unless being tested on. This is lore friendly.

I could make 20 other changes with the excuse that its lore friendly, and the server wouldnt be recognized by even the most veteran players. 

-Support

There were many other valid reasons in this thread for this change to be suggested, lore was but one tiny facet of it. In case you need a reminder of these points:

• 999 is a job that, depending on how it is balanced, can completely effect the whole branch of medical's relevancy in the server.
  • 999 is a job that, when players are playing on it, has a tendency to ignore rules for healing due to the nature of the job and how many players can access it. (Players want to be friendly & helpful so they heal without checking the player list for medical staff)
  • 999 is a job that, when healing rules are broken on it, has a low risk at getting in trouble for it due to A: Players not wanting to report it due to benefiting from it, and B: Proof being difficult to obtain for it (mods cant check logs for healing)
Edited by CanOBeanz

spacer.png

9 hours ago, NetworkParadox said:

-Support

Did you even read our arguments? The reason for this suggestion isnt because of lore, nor is it our main argument. It's the effect that 999 has on the medical branch and this is suggestion to fix that.

+Support  on just removing 999 from allowing to be in D-block, Heals d-boys when not supposed especially when told not to, an takes the Job of the FM or any medics while on 

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

On 4/16/2020 at 1:46 AM, Hoovy said:

I like this Idea, I give this idea a 10/10
+Support (On this idea)

On 4/15/2020 at 1:55 AM, Falxen said:

Femboy Hooters. No Cogs he's mine.

Omi9 2LT Lee JL6

On 4/15/2020 at 12:23 PM, [GL] Inaccurate said:

This is everything I wanted to say.

From a Staff Point of view, it's almost impossible to deal with this. We can go "I got a report you were healing while medical is on, please don't", but due to the fact that the difficulty to get evidence for this is near impossible (As beanz said, no one reports this anyways) the only time I deal with 999 healing is when I see it. Almost nothing can come out calling staff due to the fact all he has to do is put his medkit away and act like he wasn't healing, as Staff have no way of using tools such as logs to determine if 999 was healing.

Here's the thing, Staff have viable options in order to deal with 939s not following rules. As I stated up above, we don't have tools for 999.

+Support

Personally, I'd say that 999 would be fine without the medkit. People would still play on the class. I don't know what kind of replacement you could give it, but I think the enjoyment of playing 999 would still be there, similar to 527. People get on 999, more often than not, not to heal, but to play around as a cute blob thing and get into interesting RP situations with it. Like Inaccurate said, as staff, it's not easy to deal with sits about 999 healing. I think the server would be fine, if not way better off, without it.