999 Heal Rule Changes and Buff - Accepted

Peggu with a Gun

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What you want to see? - So i was talking earlier with some mods and found out 999 cant heal anyone even d class or ci if medical are on and i found a small issue with that. I feel as if 999 should be allowed to heal D class and Ci if hes given candy and if medical is on because medical aren't even allowed to heal d class or ci at all so whats the point of banning 999 from people who medical cant even heal. Id also like to see a small 999 buff to maybe 10 Hp per heal because he doesn't ever heal often so i feel like at least if hes going to heal it should be worth it. Half the time when medical isn't on people dot  even ask 999 cause it takes too long they just buy their own med-kits. When people have Hundreds of health its really hard to spend 2 minutes healing them back up to full ad whats even worse imagine multiple people asking for healing at the same time when medical isn't on Poor 999 would be stuck there for 15 minutes trying to heal everyone its just not fun for him and quite grueling. People just don't waste the time waiting on 999 to spend that long to heal them when they could just buy a medkit for cheap money. We need to realize just how much rp and love we've drained out of 999.

Why should we add it? - To maybe give 999 a little more rp. Originally the reason his privileges were taken away was to give Medical more roleplay but i feel as if we've taken too much away from little blobby now. Tests on 999 aren't always as common now cause of all the new SCPs and now hes not even allowed to heal people that medical cant heal. I feel like also allowing him to be able to interact more with ci and d class adds alittle something for the lil buddy to do

What are the advantages of having this? - As stated above More Rp around 999 so he doesn't feel plain boring and the small buff will make more people actually wanna get healing from him again.

Who is it mainly for? - 999 and CI/D Class interacting with him during raid times with candies for promises of heals. And more people will actually use his healing powers when medical isn't on if he gets a small buff

Links to any content - None Needed N/A

Edited by Peggu with a Gun
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheHumanPiano said:

+/- support

D class can abuse this by saying they have candy to get free healing, but I would like to see CI being able for force him to heal

Maybe adding a roleplay way for d class to find candies could be a interesting addition now that you have brought it up. Adding new small rp things for people to do is always good. Maybe Rolling to find candy in drawers and getting a 50+ roll being successful could work as a idea.

47 minutes ago, Peggu with a Gun said:

Maybe adding a roleplay way for d class to find candies could be a interesting addition now that you have brought it up. Adding new small rp things for people to do is always good. Maybe Rolling to find candy in drawers and getting a 50+ roll being successful could work as a idea.

To collect candy as you said, you need to find an addon for it. I think rolling against 999 is a better idea. If you roll higher than him, you get healed. Also, the way you said they would find candy will be either really hard on staff or easily abused. If they have to call staff every time they search for candy, it would make too many sits, and if they didn't need to call staff to check, they would just say "I rolled 50+ 10 times in a row" or something, as we can only see people doing /roll in logs.

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

10 hours ago, Doggo0 said:

To collect candy as you said, you need to find an addon for it. I think rolling against 999 is a better idea. If you roll higher than him, you get healed. Also, the way you said they would find candy will be either really hard on staff or easily abused. If they have to call staff every time they search for candy, it would make too many sits, and if they didn't need to call staff to check, they would just say "I rolled 50+ 10 times in a row" or something, as we can only see people doing /roll in logs.

That sounds like another great idea. Any ideas to help 999 get more rp and interactions is a ok in my book :3 i like the rolling with 999 idea better then my own cause someone can easily lie and say the found candy in a drawer

2 minutes ago, Propane said:

Just let 999 /me tickles

If 999 rolls higher he can heal them

+support

Yeah this makes 999 more involved in RP.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

+Support

SCP-999 feels like it has no role anymore other then just being there and being cute, and just to be tested on. That's boring. SCP-999 should have its own specific roleplay so that it makes it more unique, so I believe SCP-999 should be voided of the healing rule for medical as long as SCP-999 has a reason to (such as candy).

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

+Support

I mean it would be nice to give functions to the new incoming roleplayers that have picked 999.

Owner of Richee's CC | Security Corporal | Associate Researcher

+/- Support

Could easily be abused (combat healing)

999 can't heal physical sounds in lore.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

On 4/11/2020 at 12:56 AM, TheHumanPiano said:

+/- support

D class can abuse this by saying they have candy to get free healing, but I would like to see CI being able for force him to heal

I would not like to see CI to be able use 999 for healing because we have a medical sub-branch which is dying out command spawns with a medkit and plenty buy their own as well. 

Furthermore, d-class would not have an RP reason for having candy on them, they’re maximum security prisoners on death row. 

-support
I mean it creates a reason for someone to go as 999 (besides to just mess around) but also can be easily abused and can ruin RP for medical by someone pestering 999 to heal them and is also makes no lore sense either.

●•۩۞۩[̲̅Ɠ̲̅є̲̅т̲̲̅̅۰̲̅я̲̲̅є̲̅̅к̲̅т̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅]۩۞۩•●

- Support 

Buffing 999's healing ability back up is touchy because people will opt to have him over medical staff for healing, and we can't always trust everyone to be checking tab to make sure there's no med on. This is true especially when 999 is running around just spamming the medkit on everyone without a care of if med staff are online or not, and nobody is telling him to stop for one reason or another. (This happened a lot from what Ive been told / seen myself)

While playing on 999, the impulse to use the medkit is there all the time, I know so myself, and we have to admit a lot of players of 999 will still try to heal even if medical staff are on, just because they want to be a friendly and helpful blob in RP. The nerf of purely making 999 healing inconvenient through a low heal amount has been the only thing we've seen have a real impact on this issue, despite all the rules that kept being put in place for 999 healing. This is why i worry that if the healing amount was buffed again, things might head back towards the original issue.

Having played 999 recently myself, I can admit that healing people with the medkit is rather rough, and time-consuming-- but the way I see it, it's sort of a necessary evil. A LOT of players have access to 999 and we can't completely rely on just motd rules and self-regulation of players to keep the healing fair. 999 is a job that directly affects the traffic to medbay and the amount of RP that medbay players see, so it is something that needs to be controlled with more than just MOTD rules; hence the existing nerf. The way I see it, the best solution is probably further modifications to the halflife medkit SWEP used by 999. If it could be given a cooldown timer of some kind, this would probably balance a higher healing amount.

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

16 hours ago, CanOBeanz said:

- Support 

Buffing 999's healing ability back up is touchy because people will opt to have him over medical staff for healing, and we can't always trust everyone to be checking tab to make sure there's no med on. This is true especially when 999 is running around just spamming the medkit on everyone without a care of if med staff are online or not, and nobody is telling him to stop for one reason or another. (This happened a lot from what Ive been told / seen myself)

While playing on 999, the impulse to use the medkit is there all the time, I know so myself, and we have to admit a lot of players of 999 will still try to heal even if medical staff are on, just because they want to be a friendly and helpful blob in RP. The nerf of purely making 999 healing inconvenient through a low heal amount has been the only thing we've seen have a real impact on this issue, despite all the rules that kept being put in place for 999 healing. This is why i worry that if the healing amount was buffed again, things might head back towards the original issue.

Having played 999 recently myself, I can admit that healing people with the medkit is rather rough, and time-consuming-- but the way I see it, it's sort of a necessary evil. A LOT of players have access to 999 and we can't completely rely on just motd rules and self-regulation of players to keep the healing fair. 999 is a job that directly affects the traffic to medbay and the amount of RP that medbay players see, so it is something that needs to be controlled with more than just MOTD rules; hence the existing nerf. The way I see it, the best solution is probably further modifications to the halflife medkit SWEP used by 999. If it could be given a cooldown timer of some kind, this would probably balance a higher healing amount.

SCPRP Former Head Of Medical Staff | "I was hom" | PhD in botching surgeries
ImperialRP Former 69th Medical Corps Senior Commander and Former Commander "What do you mean the patient needs to have a spine to survive?"-Some researcher (probably)  Former ImperialRP Senior Admin
CERTIFIED MEDIC MAIN

+/- Support

this is a good idea and the comments bring up a interesting debate. I Think 999 and some other aspects of the game would need to be re coded to bring back 999's rp elements. Now if we buff and add more rules it would most defiantly be abused. the only real way to avoid this issue would be re coding its issues to not have them or just change them out for more minor issue's that can be dealt with in rp. all in all +/- Support

On 4/11/2020 at 7:54 AM, Gunther said:

-/+Support Yea 999 is about as useless as 131 now. We need to give it something to do, or else he'll become mundane. 

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif