Regarding the New Taser Model (June 26, 2018)

Hooplaa

Yes/No  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Poll:

• Yes
    • No

The most recent Taser, that has Replaced the old model, is ineffective and needs to be reverted back to the old version. The prongs do not extend long enough or fast enough to successfully take down individuals. In most instances it requires two people to successfully subdue a fleeing suspect. Furthermore, if the prongs do manage to connect with their intended target, after the Shock from the taser has concluded, the fleeing suspect just ends up FailRP'ing and runs away again. From what I hear, other officers believe the new model is ineffective, and is disliked throughout the department.                                                (Topic is posted in General so that the community may have a discussion about the new tasers)

Edited by Hooplaa

The new taser sucks, It is making the police force ineffective and putting officers life's in danger. We need it replaced with the older model. "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

-MSGT Ryan 1D74

Yeah just bring back the old one.  It's not impossible to out maneuver like the one before this was, it lets you effectively cuff someone, and disables the subject unlike this one.  Maybe just give it some more ammo upon spawning and everyone I think will be happy

BRONCO

Police Lieutenant (1A29)      ~      Trooper Corporal (1C29)

EMS EMT Technician

Valk was not here, fortunetely

The taser we used to have the sound crashed people why cant we just remove the sound?

MilitaryRP Trial Mod|CERT/Trooper SGT|PD SM

“Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” ~Winston Churchill

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” ~Lao Tzu

The most recent Taser, that has Replaced the old model, is ineffective and needs to be reverted back to the old version. The prongs do not extend long enough or fast enough to successfully take down individuals. In most instances it requires two people to successfully subdue a fleeing suspect. Furthermore, if the prongs do manage to connect with their intended target, after the Shock from the taser has concluded, the fleeing suspect just ends up FailRP'ing and runs away again. From what I hear, other officers believe the new model is ineffective, and is disliked throughout the department.                                                (Topic is posted in General so that the community may have a discussion about the new tasers)

I like this one. Yes the hit box is still standing where you tazed them but that’s the only complaint, unlimited use no need to reload. 

I like this one. Yes the hit box is still standing where you tazed them but that’s the only complaint, unlimited use no need to reload. 

I will be honest YES it is annoying to taser people, YES they don't fall down, BUT this is a more realistic taser I love it. And if they run after getting taser, in the face, call staff. 

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor

We need the old one back but have them do unlimited ammo/more than just 1 tazer ammo. Its annoying to buy more everytime. The new tazers suck, i liked the one before this where it would only tazer the player but the handcuffs would never work. 

The new taser is realistic but I do agree it is underpowered.

- SRT PVT Shark 1M03

I like the new taser, people just need to stop moving and all after being taxed (which won’t happen) 

Switching to this taser got rid of the inventory glitch, and comes wih 80 ammo tho?

The reason for the removal of the original tase is because of the large issues that occurred, a.  the inventory glitch and b. it had crashed a large number of people once in a while

I personally am ok with the current one if we can change the time of the player being tased It will be fine. 

So +Support but change the time on it thats all.