Russian Air force - 177th Aviation Unit Informational
Special Thanks and Inspiration from: General Awg
177th Regiment Chief: TBD
177th Regiment Assistant Chief: TBD
The purpose of the 177th Aviation Unit is to provide support to the Russian Army by giving call outs to enemy aircraft, quick transport across the battlefield and counter enemy aircraft encountered in the field.
Recruit (177th RCT) - Starting 177th Rank
Sergeant (177th SGT) - Junior NCO, assists with recruits
Starshina (177th SH) - Senior NCO, head of enlisted ranks
Kursant (177th KT) - Junior Officers who can lead enlisted and execute Training for 177th pilots. Can give PTL for helicopter pilots with good reason
Senior Lieutenant (177th SL) - Senior Officers. Can promote to KT and Hold 177th recruitment training. Can also be AFI Certified
Assistant Chief (177th AChief) - Can promote to SL
Chief (177th Chief) - Can Promote to AChief, Responsible for entire 177th
Requirements to Join:
Must be a MSGT+ in Russian Airforce
Must be Helicopter pilot Certified
Must have basic to intermediate level WAC experience
No active strikes due to behavior
You Must be in teamspeak to join
You can join this regiment by asking a SL+ to evaluate and train you or wait until they hold tryouts for the regiment. You do not need to do an application
Requirements to Join 177th Command:
Must be an SL in 177th and at least 2LT+ in RUAF (Except for the beginning of 177th)
Must have Intermediate to Advanced level WAC experience
Able to handle an entire regiment of pilots
Active in Teamspeak
You must fill out the application format below
Application for 177th Assistant Chief:
Application Title: Name's 177th Assistant Chief Application
1. What is your Ingame name?:
2. What is your ingame rank in RUAF and 177th?:
3. Recommendations from 2 Officers (2LT+ who are not the 177th Chief):
4. Why do you feel that you should be selected to be the next 177th Assistant Chief (90 words min?:
5. What qualities do you have that you think make you the best choice for 177th Assistant Chief?:
6. As 177th Assistant Chief, you will be responsible for co-managing an entire regiment. Are you able to make this commitment?:
7. How often can you be on and what is your timezone? (Explain any circumstances here that may impede your activity):
8. Anything else you would like to explain here:
You must also have a POLL in your application with the question, Should I be Assistant Chief of 177th? If you do not know how to make your post with a poll ASK FOR HELP. Do not respond to your application unless it is to respond to your chief or commander asking you to fix something.
Operating Procedures for 177th Transport Unit:
All 177th transport units are to be responsible for helping transport troops across the battlefield in a timely manner however, we are not ignorant to the short resources we have as there are only 2 basic helicopter pilot slots and only 2 helicopters can be spawned on any one side at a time. If there is a need to helicopter transport and there is no one on it, your primary responsibility as 177th is to be that transport.
- All 177th should help with transport when needed
- If the helicopter slots are taken up, you can use your donor role if you have one.
- Always be in radio communications to coordinate with troops
- If no one needs helicopter transport, you can act as an eye in the sky but do not put yourself at risk if not needed (EX: Hovering over gas station)
- Always Listen to higher ups unless they are breaking rules
- 177th KT+ have the ability to leave base without PTL and give PTL to helicopter pilots (But must inform fellow RU through advert) unless there is an ATC on.
- 177th KT+ may ground helicopter pilots who they are higher then in both 177th and RUAF.
Training Procedures for 177th Transport Unit (SL+):
- Review Recruit Flight skills (must be at a basic/intermediate level) or reject
- Confirm that they are in Teamspeak or reject
- Review about key spots to spawn helicopters for transport
- Review take off and landing procedures
- Teach about how to utilize radio comms to the best effect
- Train in weaving through objectives and when to take different routes
- Train in evasion of enemy attack helicopters, tanks and stingers
- Train in good paradropping technique and landing in the field
- Train in synchronized take off and landing with a 2nd transport helicopter
- Train and review helicopter expense and when to repair/retreat to avoid destruction
Promotions, Demotions and Resignations:
- 177th Recruit through 177th SH have 3 day cooldowns on promotions
- 177th KT to Achief have 1 week cooldowns on promotions
- Achief Applications are to be accepted by the 177th Chief (Or RUAF Commanders if the Chief is unavaliable/unable)
- Achief can only be promoted to Chief by the RUAF Commanders.
- 177th SL+ may warn and/or demote lower ranks but only the Chief and Assistant Chief can completely remove someone and must be consulted if issues are occuring to resolve them.
- If someone is promoted or demoted, the RUAF Commanders must see a promotion form for airforce but with 177th ranks. SL+ will get access to the password for this form.
- To resign from 177th, you must be apart of the regiment for a week. Otherwise you will be blacklisted.
- Once you resign, you must wait a week to re-tryout.
- The RUAF Commander/Vice Commander may overwrite decisions as they oversee the entire branch and its regiments but it is recommended to consult with the 177th Chief/Achief to make sure communication is clear.
Remember, helicopter training will always take time, it requires constant training to improve and may take time to finish. NEVER SKIP OUT ON PORTIONS OF TRAINING UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE THEY KNOW IT.
This document can be changed at will so please pay attention to updates concerning the 177th Aviation Regiment Informational.