Nydekore

Should I be promoted to Senior Admin  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be promoted to Senior Admin

• Yes
    • No

Name: Nydekore

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:114460542

When did you join the staff team?: 6/20/21, while this would normally put me under the 6 month requirement needed for this promotion, I am also a Forum Diplomat which, to my understanding, would dock said requirement by 20 days making me eligible.

Why do you want to be advanced to the rank of Senior Admin?: On top of it being simply convenient due to the lack of restrictions on off-duty staffing, I also would love to train the next generation of staff into the team. I used to be staff manager in a CSGO community and I always loved the happiness people felt in joining the staff team and during the training process. 

What are your goals for your career as a staff member?: I think Senior Admin is likely where I stop to be frank, I don't have much intent in joining JMT because as I said above I have experience in management and while I loved it, I also simply don't have much drive to do it on a larger scale. I think reaching the top of the non-management staff is a good stopping point for me and I'll evaluate how I feel at that level, if I ever wanted to rank up any further than Senior Admin I would do whatever it took to reach that point.

Senior Admins are expected to be extremely involved in the training and mentorship of new staff members, including training our new trial moderators. How do you believe your time as an Admin has helped prepare you for these new responsibilities?: Being an admin, I have learned the duties and responsibilities expected of a staff member and how to perform said duties. Additionally, I have seen how some staff go wrong and the damage that can cause to the reputation of Gaminglight. I have also learned that not everything is to be "by the book" when it comes to dealing with situations and that sometimes you have to get creative in order to find a fair solution. I think knowing the duties, what to avoid, and how to handle unfamiliar situations will help me in training and mentoring the future staff.

In addition to mentoring and training new staff members, Senior Admins also begin to take on management duties over other staff members. This includes evaluating staff members, providing feedback, and occasionally documenting negative incidents. As a Senior Admin, how would you go about improving the training that our new trial moderators receive, and how would you improve the training of our other staff members?: Now this is a bit of an embarrassment, I honestly do not remember my own training experiences very well so I would not know what to improve on so I will say that the key components to providing a quality training experience are the following:

1. Summarization of duties; after all, who can staff if they don't know what they are being held accountable for?

2. Key examples; by letting staff know what kind of situations to be on the lookout for, they will be more ready when such a situation comes to them.

3. Open communication; By being ready for further questions or to provide advice, staff will be more likely to come to me with issues they have or while seeking information they need to fulfill their duties properly.

While on the server you observe an off duty Moderator behaving poorly. They're disrespecting a fellow player, and when the player threatens to report him, the moderator states that he'll just take the sit. How would you handle the situation in the moment, and what other steps would you take after that?: I would pull the staff member aside, tell them that what they are doing is an abuse of their power and authority and reprimand them for such behavior. I would then contact the other player and send them the forums link to the staff report section of the forums where I believe such situations should be handled. If they did make a report, I would confirm on the post that I had witnessed this behavior from the staff member and leave any information I believe necessary in order for SMT to reach a proper resolution. If they did not submit a report I would either submit one myself or discuss the behavior while evaluating the staff member, depending on the severity of the moderator's actions.   

While on the server you receive a message from a Senior Moderator who asked for some additional help on a sit. A player is demanding to speak with a Super Admin or higher about their incident. The issue is relatively low level, but the player refuses to speak with you, stating they will keep making sits until a Super Admin or above responds. There are no Super Admin+ on the server at the time. What would you do?: I would tell them that they would pick between having their situation handled by me or having their sit closed. If they took issue with this I would link them to the staff reports section of the forums and tell them that if they believe I did something improperly they could report it there. If they continued to be difficult following that I would instruct the original staff member to close the sit because ultimately you can not help someone who does not want to be helped. If they created another sit I would warn them for creating false sits or non-compliance with staff.

While off duty you observe what appears to be a new trial moderator teleport a CI member into the Foundation. When you try to talk to the Trial Moderator they fly away, and when you try to talk to the CI member, they just shoot and kill you. How would you investigate and handle the situation?: I would first check out the logs of the CI member to see if they were rdm'd. If I believe they were then I could see why the trial mod had teleported them in. Either way, I would pull the Trial Mod into a sit room to discuss the situation and correct any wrongdoings from there. 

How do you think the staff team can be improved on? This can include training, morale, retention, organization, or any other aspects of the staff team.: I believe the new sit systems have helped greatly and they will continue to help staff in taking sits without destroying their personal experience. I believe extending out/actually using whatever mentoring program we currently have could also decrease the amount of confusion certain staff go through. I also believe that holding staff members to higher standards as far as their behavior goes could greatly help in the staff teams image and quality of members. 

Edited by Nydekore
Added colors for clarity
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

4 hours ago, Diz said:

+ Support

Cool guy and is very active

Nice app

Lots of experience

Current forums diplomat

Gl on getting promoted!

great app and shows alot of dedication on the server. good luck!

• Gaminglight Love 1

FormerCI CPT SFTO Head Of Hotshot | RRH Guardian Juliet 13| Assistant Head Of Medical SCP-RP Senior Moderator

okoko.PNG.cb906bef7bb641ec688c5dc8028fb16d.PNG

Nyde, I have a few concerns that I'd like to address first:

1. As Pure said, Nyde (or better known as "Dr" Bailey") doesn't do doctor things.

2. Thinks he needs a medical license to give out tissues.

3. Is ACTUALLY Dr. "Luke Ario" and I have proof!

Okay, I'm done giving you a hard time.

The truth is, you've come such a long way and I'm really proud of you. You're a great admin, a good DUAL SCMD, and a good member of the forums diplomats team. I don't really think that there's much more that you can learn as an admin and I personally feel that you're ready for the next step.

Best of luck!

Edited by Pillercat
  • Gaminglight Love 3

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

BROOOO hugeeee -SUPPORT this guy play league of legends.

But actually +SUPPORT 

Nyde is a really chill guy and does his job really well as staff and duel SCMD so I 100% feel like he will do a fantastic job as a senior admin.

best of luck brother .... Soul

Edited by Demon Dice

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

4 minutes ago, Demon Dice said:

best of look brother .... Soul

Grammar check but late. 

+Support 

You did not see the last post.  

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

2 hours ago, Pillercat said:

1. As Pure said, Nyde (or better known as "Dr" Bailey") doesn't do doctor things.

The truth is, you've come such a long way and I'm really proud of you. You're a great admin, a good DUAL SCMD, and a good member of the forums diplomats team. I don't really think that there's much more that you can learn as an admin and I personally feel that you're ready for the next step.

Best of luck!

+ Support

Heal us up Doc! Wait what do you mean you are not a doctor? Uh oh

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Pillercat said:

Best of luck!

Always had positive interactions with you, never had any issues with you at all. You'd be a great fit for Senior Admin.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer