General Suggestion - Remove Stun Sticks from offduty staff - Denied

Mitchell Hugh

What are you suggesting? - Remove the stun stick from offduty staff

How would this change better the server? - The stun stick is almost never used seriously by offduty staff, breaks certain doors, and clogs up your inventory, leading to people accidentally pulling it out in fights.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - No, Less staff get to abuse the stunstick for dumb stuff like hitting doors and breaking them or hitting random people, And less accidental switching to the stunstick mid fight.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Staff.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

• Like 2

[SCP RP] Former Research Administrator | Research Field Agent | Chair Professor of RRA - Former RRH Analyst 'November 1' -- MTF Nu7 Second Lieutenant  Senior Event Team Member - Former Admin
1738.png.2860d6d83ce908d8cece340a33865cfb.png

+Support
We're semi-serious not semi-casual, there is too much mingery already and this would be a very beneficial change to the roleplay environment. The blue stick being used distracts folks from their established RP situations, nobody should feel okay being a roleplay vampire who sucks the RP out of those around them for their own amusement.

+/- support, leaning toward +

Yes, a number of staff do abuse the stun stick to certain extents, but without it, off duty staff would have no way to move body blocking players other than their physgun, which they are prohibited from doing outside of moving players that are stuck in the map.

Edited by Loaff

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

4 hours ago, Loaff said:

Yes, a number of staff do abuse the stun stick to certain extents, but without it, off duty staff would have no way to move body blocking players other than their physgun, which they are prohibited from doing outside of moving players that are stuck in the map.

Some JMT/SMT correct me if I'm wrong:

I remember being told that you are still allowed to use the physgun to move bodyblocking players if their AFK or what not, But don't just fling them around, Like just moving them enough to where people can move by.

If I am wrong: 

Yes, Fairpoint, But if someone was purposefully bodyblocking, You could make a sit.

[SCP RP] Former Research Administrator | Research Field Agent | Chair Professor of RRA - Former RRH Analyst 'November 1' -- MTF Nu7 Second Lieutenant  Senior Event Team Member - Former Admin
1738.png.2860d6d83ce908d8cece340a33865cfb.png

4 hours ago, Loaff said:

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

+/- Support

- Support for removing it from Admin+ since those people worked hard for those ranks and should know better not to abuse their staff abilities. I also rarely see Admin+ abusing it off duty. You don't unlock the stun stick until reaching the rank of Admin or higher.

+ Support In my opinion there isn't much of a need for ET to have the stun stick off duty especially since they acquire it immediately once they get ET, I have also seen that the majority of people abusing the stun stick are ET members. I'm not saying this as a way to target ET and have nothing against them, if the stun stick truly is a genuine issue then removing it from off duty ET will cut down the amount of players that have access to it and should cut down on the amount of stun stick abuse.

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

-Support

The purpose of the Stunstick is for easier access to whitelisting, and any other use of it could be considered abuse.
As far as I'm aware, removing the stunstick was attempted in the past by Rangiatea(?), but was failed to do so.
I could only Support removing the Stunstick from the ET.

+Support

I've seen plenty staff abuse the Stun Stick while off duty, I belive only JMT+ Should have it off-duty.

• Like 1

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Sixx said:

+Support

I've seen plenty staff abuse the Stun Stick while off duty, I belive only JMT+ Should have it off-duty.

This shit happens more than people know dawg, They need it removed.

• Like 1

𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒮𝒞𝒫-𝑅𝒫 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇
𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁-𝑅𝒫 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 / 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎 - 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓊𝑔𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝒸 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 / 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 - 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎
𝐸𝓍-𝒵𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝒢𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓃 / 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓎 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁

15 hours ago, Toasty said:

+/- Support

- Support for removing it from Admin+ since those people worked hard for those ranks and should know better not to abuse their staff abilities. I also rarely see Admin+ abusing it off duty. You don't unlock the stun stick until reaching the rank of Admin or higher.

+ Support In my opinion there isn't much of a need for ET to have the stun stick off duty especially since they acquire it immediately once they get ET, I have also seen that the majority of people abusing the stun stick are ET members. I'm not saying this as a way to target ET and have nothing against them, if the stun stick truly is a genuine issue then removing it from off duty ET will cut down the amount of players that have access to it and should cut down on the amount of stun stick abuse.

15 hours ago, Starstep said:

-Support

The purpose of the Stunstick is for easier access to whitelisting, and any other use of it could be considered abuse.
As far as I'm aware, removing the stunstick was attempted in the past by Rangiatea(?), but was failed to do so.

and as far as people abusing it just get a clip and report said individual and they well be dealt with. simple as

-SUPPORT 

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

21 hours ago, Toasty said:

+/- Support

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

On 10/26/2021 at 6:58 PM, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

-Support the only ET that abooses with a stun stick is* pure.

+support need it removed it feels normal and its not good. Pure is such a minge smh, Tho on a serious note i do feel like it does need to be removed i dont really see a real reason to use it other to be a minge like the toolgun its actually useful for of duty

Edited by Pure

Retired Nu-7 Vice Commander Pure

On 10/24/2021 at 10:53 PM, Toasty said:

+/- Support

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

On 10/25/2021 at 12:00 AM, Starstep said:

-Support

Note: This Would Be Reasonable.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

+ Support

About the inventory clogging:

It’s way too fucking annoying to get hit by a flash bang by accident, doesn’t happen that often but it still happens.

About the stun stick overall:

Stun stick is pretty much useless, it’s only used to check if people are afk on limited jobs, and it can cause epilepsia on sensitive people

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

On 10/24/2021 at 7:53 PM, Toasty said:

+/- Support

Okay I mean I'll take this with a grain of salt but saying admins worked hard for their ranks kind of made me feel like your saying ET did not while I agree admin is harder to get ET are held to extremely high standards.

Regardless of the opinion you stated about admins not abusing their stunsticks they are the most frequent abusers I see. I rarely see do i ET abusing their stunsticks while that may just be me I do not wish to pretend that admins barely do it if not at all. 

+/- I don't see any necessities at all therefore I am not prone to any side really. In my opinion if et can't have it I really don't understand why Admin needs it.

Edited by Some Weeb

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

6 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

Okay I mean I'll take this with a grain of salt but saying admins worked hard for their ranks kind of made me feel like your saying ET did not while I agree admin is harder to get ET are held to extremely high standards.

Regardless of the opinion you stated about admins not abusing their stunsticks they are the most frequent abusers I see. I rarely see do i ET abusing their stunsticks while that may just be me I do not wish to pretend that admins barely do it if not at all. 

+/- I don't see any necessities at all therefore I am not prone to any side really. In my opinion if et can't have it I really don't understand why Admin needs it.

ET literally have no use for it staff can at least whitelist with it

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner