D-class Ranking Rework - Accepted [Completed]

Chief_

On 8/19/2021 at 12:28 AM, Chief_ said:

tfa_nmrih_fubar

Something other than the fubar? Maybe the fireaxe, as many other foundation jobs use it.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

On 8/19/2021 at 5:34 PM, Yato Sensei said:

- Support for the armor

+ Support for all else

Armor packs are easy to craft in the workbench, if they co-ordinate well enough, they can all armor up.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

+support
overall good changes! definetly seems interesting although i think a dclass rp job might be cool but given this is just job changes it seems like it would work well! also the fubar bein brought back would be nice!

On 8/19/2021 at 1:04 AM, Nydekore said:

-Support to adding armor to dclass, just that little bit of armor can help a lot and it seems unnecessary.

+Support to everything else 

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

On 8/22/2021 at 12:23 AM, Jack S said:

Something other than the fubar? Maybe the fireaxe, as many other foundation jobs use it.

Hm Good point. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

-Support to adding armor to dclass, just that little bit of armor can help a lot and it seems unnecessary.

• Like 1

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

On 8/19/2021 at 6:19 PM, DooM Guy said:

This is entirely true, killing gensec is getting harder especially when a CC is on. Gensec CC's have more health than a normal Nu7 or E11 so it becomes a chore to kill them. 200 200 is very challenging to kill and you can usually only kill them in groups.

Regardless if D-Class get a buff, gensec will get buffed either way.

+SOUP

It's been a real struggle for D-Class for a while and I'm glad someone stepped up and made a suggestion for them to get buffed. D-Class are way underpowered and it takes sheer skill just to even get kills cause of how strong gensec are. "Just get good 😂" OK mister 200 200, how about you play with only a melee weapon cause all of the guns you get are hot garbage (excluding a few ofc)
Plus hitreg is almost RNG based at this point so fighting becomes even more diffcult

And istg if one more mf says "D-Class are meant to be weak" I will bend your toe nail upwards 

Current:

A new story rises from the ashes

Former:

MTF Nu-7 SFTO & 2LT | D5 PVT | CI PFC | Moderator

+support

dclass branch update 😳

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

On 8/19/2021 at 7:04 PM, Yato Sensei said:

- Support for the armor

+ Support for all else

Armor packs are easy to craft in the workbench, if they co-ordinate well enough, they can all armor up.

[Retired] CI RND CDOP Fiery

Former: Security CPL | Delta-5 RCT | CI Military SGM  

On 8/19/2021 at 6:19 PM, DooM Guy said:

This is entirely true, killing gensec is getting harder especially when a CC is on. Gensec CC's have more health than a normal Nu7 or E11 so it becomes a chore to kill them. 200 200 is very challenging to kill and you can usually only kill them in groups.

+SOUP

It's been a real struggle for D-Class for a while and I'm glad someone stepped up and made a suggestion for them to get buffed. D-Class are way underpowered and it takes sheer skill just to even get kills cause of how strong gensec are. "Just get good 😂" OK mister 200 200, how about you play with only a melee weapon cause all of the guns you get are hot garbage (excluding a few ofc)
Plus hitreg is almost RNG based at this point so fighting becomes even more diffcult

And istg if one more mf says "D-Class are meant to be weak" I will bend your toe nail upwards 

Branches/Classes should not be balanced around CCs. CCs are supposed to be powerful because people pay tons of cash for them. However, if you balance classes around CCs then everyone who does not have a CC won't want to buy one since CCs wouldn't be that powerful.

Also, most gensec that have CCs are mostly made up of command, making the large majority of gensec normal classes.

Third, you say that D class are underpowered, however this is only because gensec have to fall back on MTF more often now. The whole point of security is to keep D block calm and if they are relying on MTF's help all the time then that is a big issue. If GENSEC can't complete there one job I think it's more of a balancing issue then a skill issue. Yes, gensec have a lot of bad players, however you can't blame GENSEC for that as they are the first branch most people join. Also, GENSEC have really weak classes, the first 3 enlisted class all have SMGs that are not the best its not till SGT where you really get a decent class.

Finally, I'm not saying that D class should be weak or that they need a nerf, I'm just saying that gensec should be strong enough to where they can at least whole D block by themselves without the need for MTF every time there is a riot. Because at that point why not just merge Nu7 and gensec and have MTF hold D block all the time? Also, If you join gensec, and you just cautiously keep dying and having to wait, wouldn't you wan't to get off the job? If gensec are just getting squashed by D class 24/7, there activity will die, and if gensec activity is bad, research will go away as well since D class would be out all the time. 

I hope you understand what I am saying and I hope that this didn't come off as a rant/argument.

• Gaminglight Love 1

18 hours ago, recon said:

However, if you balance classes around CCs then everyone who does not have a CC won't want to buy one since CCs wouldn't be that powerful.

This just makes it seem like p2w, you're basically saying that I should spend money on the server to become more powerful???? 
Donating should benefit you and give you a few perks, not completely buff you out. I.e, having the base ball bat versus the golf club. Donating more money will get you a more powerful weapon. This shouldn't be the case.

Also I read the rest but this is the only part I could really get this part cause I cant read for shit lol

687515010_Screenshot2021-05-12013101.png.d685e9dcb10c05e7081de12f3296b980.png

On 8/27/2021 at 4:10 PM, DooM Guy said:

This just makes it seem like p2w, you're basically saying that I should spend money on the server to become more powerful???? 
Donating should benefit you and give you a few perks, not completely buff you out. I.e, having the base ball bat versus the golf club. Donating more money will get you a more powerful weapon. This shouldn't be the case.

Also I read the rest but this is the only part I could really get this part cause I cant read for shit lol

The point of not balancing around CCs is that there are so few people with them that they are more an outlier than the status quo, therefore don’t balance the enemy around them otherwise the enemy will destroy the average job.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

Alirght you all lets not argue over this. 

This suggestion was made ot SUGGEST things. Not set things in stone. SMT have the final say on changing/adding these things into the server. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

+support as this should lower the likely hood of new people getting bored and stop people breaking the TOS 

There are two kinds of people in this life: Those who walk into a room and say, “Well, here I am!” And those who walk in and say, “Ahh, there you are.”

On 8/19/2021 at 5:19 PM, DooM Guy said:

+SOUP

"Osu! Fucking Pro"

On 8/19/2021 at 11:34 PM, Yato Sensei said:

- Support for the armor

+ Support for all else

I agree wanna see more armor kits crafted

On 8/19/2021 at 12:51 AM, LucarioKing said:

+SUPPORT
b9wprfvmxi341.png.15f762b3f723fcf2d614c54507e59307.png

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

• 2 weeks later...

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe