Reverting to Site-05 - Denied

Jack (utility one)

Should we switch back to Site 05?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Should we?

• Yes
    • No

I didn't use the big text to try and make a point, I just think it's easier to read.

You also make a very good point about medbay.

I still believe LCZ isn't too bad to traverse, however.

• Thanks 1

Research Administrator | R.A.U. Commissioner | External Agent 3 "Oyasumi"

image.png.ef2fbf407892c884509d5e5c10e6fc2c.png

So, I'd of course be for this.
But, I'd only like LCZ back.

Surface, EZ, and HCZ are fine how they are now in my opinion. 

Though, these were some of the problems with Site-05's LCZ.

• Medbay shouldn't be able to create a bottleneck or be an annoying obstacle. On Site-05, Medbay was just outside of a checkpoint, so when Medbay went on lockdown, no one could go through the checkpoint. CI either had to go the other way or blast their way through (which at the time you had to call staff and roll to do). Which ever way CI picked, MTF would just sit outside of Medbay and wait for CI to come thorough or around. 
  • LCZ shouldn't have one long hallway connecting the two CPs/Medbay to the rest of LCZ. It made it hard for anyone to get through if there was resistance on the other side.

Those were the bigger problems. Though there are the smaller ones that only occur every now and then.

My solutions?
Medbay should be in an area that's not vital, but still important. Like how it is now, Medbay allows for easier travel between both sides of LCZ; but when it's locked down, it cuts off that access. You're still allowed to continue going where you wanted to, it just might take more walking. You shouldn't be forced to go back if Medbay locks down, it should just make traveling more difficult. 
Another hallway, service tunnel, or whatever else should be added to be able to send a small group around to scout or flank. You shouldn't be forced to run head into your enemy and have it so whoever has higher numbers and/or better weaponry wins. There should be strategy. 

+Support overall

Edited by Right Twix Bar
  • Like 1

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

3 hours ago, Alexxx said:

+/-Support

I mean yeah, Site 05 was really nice especially the D-Block and LCZ. But I like the way Site-50 is right now. But If we do revert back to Site 05, please keep the current CI base the CI base at site 05 is trash.

+Support to LCZ being changed to site 05's, it sounds and looks (from screenshots) to have been alright

-Support to everything else, HCZ, EZ, and surface are all fine the way they are.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

+Support
I personally think that, unless we can completely connect the map without the deadly elevators, we should totally revert back to Site-05.
Being in different containment zones with the elevators feels so much more secluded and a lot worse knowing that only a amount of people are in your general area.
Alongside that, I personally prefer the layout and look of the old map. Very simplistic and easy to learn, yet very fun to play on and combat on.
Overall, I prefer Site-05 in its entirety more than any other map we've been on.

-Support

I'm happy about the map change. After playing on Site-05  for 1 1/2 years, I was happy for a new change in pace. Seeing the same hallways and corridors gets mundane after a while. Additionally, I disliked the layout of the old LCZ and EZ and believe Site-50 has a better layout.  

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

6 hours ago, Mind Stone said:

-Support

I'm happy about the map change. After playing on Site-05  for 1 1/2 years, I was happy for a new change in pace. Seeing the same hallways and corridors gets mundane after a while. Additionally, I disliked the layout of the old LCZ and EZ and believe Site-50 has a better layout.  

tbh I only liked the old D-Block and LCZ meeting room compared to this site.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Mind Stone said:

-Support

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

+Support 

IF NEW CI BASE IS MOVED THERE I CANNOT CLIMB THAT LADDER! NO. NO 

NOT AGAIN NEVER AGAIN

• Laughing 1

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

+Support
- ONLY IF WE GET ALL THE OLD JOBS BACK
Note: I really miss technical 

Maintenance Expert ll Ex. Foremen ll Ex. EFM ll Ex. Senior Technician ll Ex. RRH Engineer Squad Leader Golf 1 ll One of the Greatest minges ll  I'M NOT A RANG SIMP Troll face  ll Ex. Umbrella Corporation CMDR

+ Support
Yessir, time to go back to old times, maybe it will even reduce the insane lag who knows!

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

On 8/8/2021 at 2:26 PM, The Light said:

+Support
Site-05 is the best site hands down

O5 Overseer Council | The Cowboy

4 hours ago, styx said:

+/-support 

I feel like if we were to combine bits of this map and bits of the old map it would be a lot better.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

+support for the LCZ changes and CI base

-Support for the surface

that map had one of the laggiest surfaces ever, just due to all that snow, it was just awful and basically made combat up there nearly impossible

but yeah, overall I would like to see that map back again

had some of my best moments there

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

+Support

good

- I want the old LCZ back 🥺

- OG Site-5s surface not the snow one, but the original grass one was amazing.

-Site-50 CI Base; wouldn't know where to put it on Site-5 surface though lol

- I don't like the side doors at checkpoints, combat with them is awkward please remove them and never look back.

bad

- Fuck the snowy surface

- The old CI Base was horrible

- I like our current EZ more then Site-5s

• Like 1

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team