Cuff Rules Suggestion.

Chief_

What are you suggesting? - A rule stating you cannot place people in cuffs and leave them in cells/in hallways/etc without valid reasoning. (AKA no leaving htem in a cell for an hour)

How would this change better the server? - It would allow for people to not just be cuffed and left unable to RP as they cannot change jobs. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None really

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

I think 2 rules should be added for this. 

1. Its Failrp to leave someone cuffed in an area without a valid reason. Ex: Interrogation, testing, etc. 

Examples of not being okay: Leaving them in D-block cells for extended times without it being Partial Lockdown. Maximum should be 5 minutes when not on partial lockdown. 

2. If a player is left in cuffs for 5+ minutes and is left unattended by personnel they can request staff to kill them. 

I feel this will allow for players to rp more than just being left in cuffs for a long time in some random spot. 

• Like 1

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

+support

would cause a lot less people to be unhappy for being left for extended periods of time.

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

+1/-1

- Works well in the cases of testing/security/mtf cuffing a D Class
- Does not work as well with 912 say putting someone in a cell due to the fact he can't strip them, which leads to cases where they get in there for punching someone, pull out a gun, and shoot from the cell making it a bit harder to get to them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pills said:

+support

would cause a lot less people to be unhappy for being left for extended periods of time.

Wouldn't see why not its boring when your put in a cell and cant get out  for a solid 20 minutes or more.

Edited by Domino

"What do you mean, i cant murder you..." "

6 hours ago, The Gaming Goat said:

+Support

912 put me in a cell for 20 minutes and i do not like it. 

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

8 hours ago, The Gaming Goat said:

+Support

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

-Support

i mean, i cuff people on CI to get them out of the way and make sure they dont call us out and leave them in populated areas. If i cant do this no more not combatants will be a lot more annoying during raids.

-support, how are you going to even enforce this? What reasoning do you need to give for it to be valid? If anything there just needs to be a better way for people to let  us know they are still in the cells at least in d-block. Maybe a map update with some sort of light on the cells or something that can be changed?

Edited by Blood Stream

5 hours ago, Blood Stream said:

-support, how are you going to even enforce this? What reasoning do you need to give for it to be valid? If anything there just needs to be a better way for people to let  us know they are still in the cells at least in d-block. Maybe a map update with some sort of light on the cells or something that can be changed?

The way we can enforce this is by A checking cuff logs and seeing where they are in the facility. If they want to then be killed they can be killed. Thats how it gets enforced. Then the valid reasoning is anything that makes sense. Just leaving someone in a cell for 40+ minutes for not having hands up is not a valid thing. Leaving them in a cell for 5 minutes is fine but not like 40 minutes. 

5 hours ago, Babalowa said:

-Support

i mean, i cuff people on CI to get them out of the way and make sure they dont call us out and leave them in populated areas. If i cant do this no more not combatants will be a lot more annoying during raids.

Well Bablowa. If you read my thing I said its failrp without a valid reason. Cuffing someone on CI and leaving them in a unpopulated area is valid. But after 5 minutes of being alone and failing to break out of cuffs would allow the person to request death from staff. Which would give them a RP reset. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

22 hours ago, Pills said:

+support

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

+Support

This is really good, because I have seen 912 cuff a D-Class and leave them in the cell for like 1 hour straight and when I bring him/her to a staff sit he brings up that he can do it and would not get in any serious trouble. So I think this would be a good rule to add in.

Shoutout to Jeb Threep for sending me this.

Hello, I play SCP-912 and call myself Jeb Threep The Gulag Main. Every day this week I have played for at least 8 hours exclusively on SCP-912 and I have been utilizing several sections of the !motd to stuff Class-D into the small cells at upper Class-D Cell Block. I once had eight players blindfolded and gagged, tied to the wall simultaneously. I have a speech prepared which quotes several rules:

From the !motd SCP-912 job rules:
"SCP-912 may attempt to arrest rule breakers and bring them to GENSEC or MTF personnel."
"SCP-912 must comply with any orders given to it by GENSEC or MTF personnel."

From the GENSEC SOP:
"Class-D Personnel found climbing over each other/on the inner fence that are trying to get over the inner fence, or are past the red line are KOS."

From the !motd cuffing rules:
"When cuffed you are required to comply with the individual that has cuffed you.

There must be an RP reason to cuff someone.

If cuffed, you are prohibited from breaking out of the handcuffs until five minutes have passed since being cuffed, or if left alone and unattended by Foundation/CI personnel."

Utilizing these rules, so long as SCP-912 is ordered by GENSEC or MTF to put the prisoner into a prison cell, I am able to **indefinitely** lock people inside of the cells, tied up blindfolded and gagged. I have been advising people to come to the suggestions forum all week in an attempt to get this oversight noticed. During the early hours, just after reset, this oversight causes the server to drop players as D-Class often simply disconnect. This oversight causes the server to be low population for longer in the day, causing players that sort servers by player count to opt into other servers instead. Class-D aren't the only ones that suffer from this.

From the !motd SCP-912 job rules:

"SCP-912 must order any non-MTF or non-GENSEC personnel to put away their weapons.

If the player fails to put away their weapons 912 can attack with its baton until the player puts the weapon away.

If the player draws their weapon again 912 may then use his baton to stun and arrest the player, even if they put their weapon away.

SCP-912 may attempt to arrest rule breakers and bring them to GENSEC or MTF personnel."

I've locked Chaos Insurgency and Sarkic members in the cells, too. Anyone attempting to break these people out of The Gulag is subject to joining them:

From the GENSEC SOP:
"GENSEC are able to AOS/KOS individuals that are in possession of contraband, such as keypad crackers and weapons and if individuals are baiting"

To conclude, I am pleased to have trapped Chief in The Gulag yesterday and to see this thread. Some may know me from the thread I started that changed researching during Code Black to 'Research at your own risk.' I hope to continue to point out **appalling oversights** in the rules and making the server more accessible to all players. Thank you for your time.

Edited by Zombinator

23 hours ago, The Gaming Goat said:

+Support

|retired dhor/meritorious service award recipient||former CI 1lt/sm and E4 C2||Rho 36 Shaman|
"For the day I die, imma touch the sky"

23 hours ago, The Gaming Goat said:

+Support

"𝘕𝘰 𝘐 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'
'𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘦'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯' 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘧 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'?"

-Retired CI MAJ Zero

On 7/6/2021 at 2:04 PM, The Gaming Goat said:

+Support

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

• 3 weeks later...