Foundation Research April 2021 Branch Update [Completed]

Star

Foundation Research Branch Update For The Month of April, 2021

For the month of April, 2021, the Research division proposes quite a few changes.
For ease of viewing, the following document has been provided;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M5LgnfO1UBD6VODCcDa-JJA87zQGpYs1aM7xGJR7r0I/edit?usp=sharing

一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一

Name of Job: Junior Researcher

Job Model (Model Paths): Same

Job Description: Same

Job Weapons (Ex. tfa_csgo_mac10): Same

Job Salary: Same

Job HP: Same

Job Armor: Same

+Increase Slots to 25

Name of Job: Researcher

+Increase Slots to 25

Name of Job: Senior Researcher

Extra Information:

+Increase Slots to 25

Name of Job: Research Field Agent

Job Description:

Selected for their exceptional proficiency during high-stake situations, Research Field Agents work both inside and outside the SCP Foundation investigating Groups of Interests, potential anomalies, and anything involving the secrecy of the Veil.

Job Weapons (Ex. tfa_csgo_mac10):

-Remove tfa_fal

+Add tfa_auga3

+Add tfa_csgo_smoke

Name of Job: Research Command

Job Description: Same

-Remove tfa_bizonp19

+Add tfa_ump45

Extra Information:

+Increase Slots to 15

Name of Job: Research High Command

Job Model (Model Paths):

+Add models/player/Scpsci_Male_02.mdl

+Add models/player/Scpsci_Male_03.mdl

+Add models/player/Suits/male_07_closed_coat_tie.mdl

+Add models/player/Suits/male_07_open_waistcoat.mdl

Job Description:

Level 4 personnel of the Foundation, Research High Command lead the Research Department and oversee all of its activities. They report directly to the Site Administrators.

+Add weapon_physcannon

Name of Job: Director of Research and Security

Job Model (Model Paths): Same

Job Weapons (Ex. tfa_csgo_mac10): Same

Job Armor: 200

Name of Job: Dr. Bright (Gold+)

Job Model (Model Paths):

-Remove models/player/chimp/chimp.mdl

Job Description:

As the troublemaker of the SCP Foundation, Dr. Bright works within the Research Department as a Senior Researcher. His Foundation Doctor status was lowered by the Overseer Council due to his troublesome behavior. Although his Foundation Doctor status was revoked, he is still a revered member of the Research Division due to his anomalous immortality and undying devotion to the Foundation.

Name of Job: Research Intelligence Guardian (Level 50)

Change To: Research Intelligence Guardian

Job Model (Model Paths):

-Remove models/mass effect 2/player/inferno_armour_colour.mdl

-Remove tfa_mp5

+Add tfa_mp9

Job Salary: 150

Job HP: 150

Job Armor: 150

Extra Information:

-Remove Level Requirement

Complete Refurbishment (Ground Up)

Name of Job: Foundation Doctor

Change To: Research Diplomatic Committee

Job Model (Model Paths):

models/player/Suits/male_01_open_waistcoat.mdl

models/player/Suits/male_02_open_waistcoat.mdl

models/player/Suits/male_03_open_waistcoat.mdl

models/player/Suits/male_04_open_waistcoat.mdl

models/player/Suits/male_05_open_waistcoat.mdl

models/player/Suits/male_06_open_waistcoat.mdl

models/player/Suits/male_07_open_waistcoat.mdl

models/player/Suits/male_08_open_waistcoat.mdl

models/player/Suits/male_09_open_waistcoat.mdl

Job Description:

Level 4 personnel of the Foundation, Chairmen of the Committee on Research Diplomacy are a committee of proficient Research personnel who were selected for their exemplary skills to further better the Research department. Each Chairman has an unbeknownst apprentice, who was selected due to their impeccability.

weapon_physcannon

weapon_m9

tfa_csgo_fiveseven

guthscp_keycard_lvl_4

tfa_honeybadger

weapon_cuff_elastic

cross_arms_swep

hololink_swep

gmod_camera

Job Salary: 175

Job HP: 150

Job Armor: 100

Extra Information:

Slots: 5

Strict Hand-Picked Requirement - Accepts All Research

Name of Job: Research Senior Command

Change To: Foundation Doctor

Job Model (Model Paths):

+Add models/player/Scpsci_Male_02.mdl

+Add models/player/Scpsci_Male_03.mdl

Job Description:

Level 4 personnel of the Foundation, Foundation Doctors oversee high-level research and supervise the Command and Enlisted of the Research division.

New Job

Name of Job: Research Intelligence Sentinel (Level 60+)

Job Model (Model Paths):

models/starstep/research_intelligence_sentinel.mdl

Job Description:

Research Intelligence Sentinels (R.I.S.) are advanced androids that are assiduously manufactured with the veritable purpose of protecting Research personnel within their testing environments. They are built to withstand almost all forms of damage and are capable of traversing hazardous terrain with ease.

tfa_csgo_cz75

weapon_m9

weapon_cuff_elastic

tfa_csgo_xm1014

guthscp_keycard_lvl_3

gmod_camera

Job Salary: 200

Job HP: 200

Job Armor: 175

Extra Information:

3 Slots

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2376048054

Level Requirement (60+) & Application Process Required (Tier 2 From R.I.G.; must be R.I.G. prior)

一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一

Changes to the Chain of Command are planned to come with this update. More information on that can be found within the document listed above.
The Committee on Research Diplomacy will obtain lowered test access and will be very limited. With this change, the Research Field Agency will also expand in numbers slightly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

+Support
The amount of effort and revision put into this makes it truly worth it in the end.
I can't wait to see the Mar... I mean… April update, in action!

Edited by GLaDOS
  • Like 1

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

I just think that having two classes that do KOS Dclass / CI is too much, I would prefer that RIG be more like the HLPR BOT that it only attacks, if someone attack  other member of the foundation and that the RIS maybe can be  like the combat classes as maintenance and medical (ACM and MMP).

I am going to put +Support except for the above mentioned.

• Like 2

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

+/- Support

The command name changes make sense

Sentinels are cool and make RIG more interesting

Haha funny [REDACTED] go BRRR

THEY REMOVED THE DR BRIGHT MONKEY MODEL WHY GOD WHY

Edited by Jummy

Research Administrator | R.A.U. Commissioner | External Agent 3 "Oyasumi"

image.png.ef2fbf407892c884509d5e5c10e6fc2c.png

39 minutes ago, MexicanGuy said:

I just think that having two classes that do KOS Dclass / CI is too much, I would prefer that RIG be more like the HLPR BOT that it only attacks, if someone attack  other member of the foundation and that the RIS maybe can be  like the combat classes as maintenance and medical (ACM and MMP).

[Just Apple I Suppose]

spacer.png

+ Support on everything 
but
-Support on the R.I.S.
See, I love majority of this branch update, however, I have an issue with Research having another combat job, especially one that's pushing the power of a Heavy job. I understand Research having one combat job to defend Researchers, but dear god if Research has a heavy job, I give up on ever having this server be more RP based and combat based. This is just inviting more combat based services into a non-combat branch, and I'm sorry to say I just cannot support that.

Edited by NeoID
  • Like 1

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

55 minutes ago, MexicanGuy said:

removed ci general toaster

Ad-468x90-removebg-preview.png.8e07acf530dac2bf477e3a66beb599ba.png

+Support for most of the changes.
About everything looks cool and nice. Can't wait to see it.

-Support for the RIG changes and RIS.
With each branch, there's a level job that gives a unique gimmick. For Medical you have ACM (combatant), Nu7 has Grenadier (has a lot of grenades), CI RnD has Sleuth(?) (Is a spy for CI), ect.
For the non-combatant branches, the gimmick is usually that they are a combatant. Medical - ACM, Maintenance - MMF,  RnD - Sleuth, and Research had RIG. This was all fine and dandy because it was harder to get into so the combat stayed quite a small part of non-combatant branches.
And I've had a very similar debate with myself, Zack, and other Medical command when we were thinking of updates for Medical, we thought of making ACM either not a level job (and possibly having a sort of heavy ACM) or making it easier to get in to. The main point against it was that we'd be making our branch more combatant which, as a non-combatant branch, should stay at a minimum. We don't want to make our branches into fighters, we're supposed to have fun roleplay.
Although Bio-engineer does sort of step on the line of combatant and non-level, it's brought back by the fact its not usually supposed to be combatant.

Tldr: Most changes are cool. Though, RIG and RIS makes research, a non-combatant branch, focus much more on combat than it should.

Edited by Right Twix Bar
Slight wording change
  • Like 2

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

11 hours ago, NeoID said:

+ Support on everything 
but
-Support on the R.I.S.
See, I love majority of this branch update, however, I have an issue with Research having another combat job, especially one that's pushing the power of a Heavy job. I understand Research having one combat job to defend Researchers, but dear god if Research has a heavy job, I give up on ever having this server be more RP based and combat based. This is just inviting more combat based services into a non-combat branch, and I'm sorry to say I just cannot support that.

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

13 hours ago, MexicanGuy said:

good job guys!!!

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

+support cool branch update but im sad you are taking the monkey from dr bright since that was his main gimmick 😞

also better R.I.G 

Edited by frog

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

14 hours ago, NeoID said:

+ Support on everything 
but
-Support on the R.I.S.

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

26 minutes ago, Face Melting Eyelander said:

+Support

but
-Support on the monke part i don't see why it needs to get removed

Reasons stated above. But I’d say the reason is because some people just use the monkey model and minge. Making ape noises. 

• Like 1

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||