General Suggestion - SCP-343 MOTD Rework - Accepted [Completed]

Disgraced Merchant

What are you suggesting? - 

The current MOTD rules of SCP-343 of:

SCP 343 can act as a scout for GENSEC, MTF, and CI personnel at their discretion. This includes providing false information to personnel.    

Should be changed to:

SCP-343 can NOT act as a scout for GENSEC, MTF,  CI personnel, or ANY branch . This includes providing false information, or RP altering information of any kind, to any personnel, surface branches, and etc.
***(This is what I propse ^^, this is not the actual current MOTD rule)***

The Issue:
I have seen countless amounts of times where a member of either MTF or CI abuses the SCP-343 job class for the sole purpose of practically noclipping to the opposing sides' base of operations, learn where hostages, captured SCPs, or etc are, and then they Noclip all the way back and tell their original teammates everything.

I've seen people from both MTF and CI hop on to SCP-343, noclip over to the opposite base, find out where the hostage/SCP is, then flag off of SCP-343 and back onto their branch class to raid, or they just flag off on to another job so it doesnt look like they're metagaming.

SCP-343's current MOTD rules are VERY exploitable. With his current Noclip-esque swep, it basically allows any member of any branch to hop on, fly anywhere, and PRACTICALLY metagame for their teammates. It puts whatever side that is being targeted by SCP-343 at a HUGE disadvantage. 

Its basically giving an MTF/CI Noclip and allowing them to quickly fly through the opposite base to call out a raid. Its ridiculous and unfair.

What is also very unfair with this rule is that SCP-343 can go find Dr. Maynard anywhere in the facility and tell him to go kill people in the Foundation Interrogation room, which Dr. Maynard literally spawns right next to. Seems pretty unfair to me.

It is literally metagame, which is something that Command have been trying to crack down on between the branches, but this loophole has let it live on in a very unfair manner.

How would this change better the server? - 

It would benefit both sides by allowing them to not worry about an SCP, that is invincible and can Noclip, that would be allowed to fly into their base and rat them out for no reason. It would restore fairness to the server instead of people abusing the hell out of the SCP-343 job.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 

SCP-343, while still being allowed to NOCLIP ANYWEHRE THEY WANT, would not be able to help his friends in MTF or CI anymore... which TBH he shouldnt be able to do anyway since he is god... he doesn't pick sides, he literally created the sides. it may also make the SCP-343 job more bland, but another thing could be thought up to take it's place. Have SCP-343 do ANYTHING ELSE, not metagame for their teammates in their branch.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 

All Branches, especially MTF and CI

Edited by Scoron

14 hours ago, BryanDaBold said:

+Support

-343 should not be biased to CI, MTF or Sarkics

-343 should not be able to call out CI/MTF Raids to give a side the upper hand 

-343 should not be used as a UAV for one side

-Also even if 343 was a UAV for MTF that is breaking his Containment Contract. 

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

I feel like he should be able to act like a scout and should be able to provide false or true information, it’s a good concept and I feel it should stay even if an MTF gets on the job and calls it out how badly does that affect them

-I’ve had full on in game conversations with MTF NCOs during a defcon 2 they deal with the situation as it comes to them and

-Gensec still look forwards until CI are in D block

-CI shoot MTF when they see them and capture people when they find them

-if an MTF gets on the job and says CI are breaching 682 then those MTF have a minute to get there and deal with the CI before 682 is breached 

-if the 343 tells CI that there is an MTF in medbay getting surgery that information is null and void in 20 seconds to a minute

-if 343 calls out a CI raid to the MTF then CI were already gonna get caught and the the MTF will still shoot CI when they see it

-false information is a big part that way you don’t know if what he is saying is true or false and if you believe him when he lies it’s funny and people either laugh or get confused witch is still funny if you don’t believe him when he tells the truth then you will just find out in about a couple minutes or less

-here is an example that happened a couple days ago the 343 called out MTF raiding CI base so the CI killed the hostage witch was CIs choice wether to or not to kill them and they chose to kill the hostage now that 343 could have just lied and then the CI would have killed a hostage because they believed 343 and that may need to be changed that he can’t interfere with active RP situations like how CI can’t kill maintenance who are fixing a CC or can’t kill CS or researchers while they are testing, that would be a good change but the only major affect that 343 can have is making a group kill there hostage because they believed 343

-support 

Edited by pixalgamer99

6 hours ago, pixalgamer99 said:

here is an example that happened a couple days ago the 343 called out MTF raiding CI base so the CI killed the hostage witch was CIs choice wether to or not to kill them and they chose to kill the hostage now that 343 could have just lied and then the CI would have killed a hostage because they believed 343 and that may need to be changed that he can’t interfere with active RP situations like how CI can’t kill maintenance who are fixing a CC or can’t kill CS or researchers while they are testing, that would be a good change but the only major affect that 343 can have is making a group kill there hostage because they believed 343

I would like to clarify that this SCP-343 was a member of CI at the time (I checked) and was practically sabotaging MTF/Foundation RP for hours. I also saw that they were in a Teamspeak channel with CI but ya know probably a coincidence xddd

On 1/2/2021 at 8:58 PM, Scoron said:

SCP-343 can NOT act as a scout for GENSEC, MTF,  CI personnel, or ANY branch . This includes providing false information, or RP altering information of any kind, to any personnel, surface branches, and etc.

SCP-343 can act as a scout for GENSEC, MTF, CI Personnel, or any branch. however, if he is found out doing this, The opposing side can roll to "negotiate"  with 357 and he must tell a lie to the side he is working with, 357 MUST Uncloak himself when looking at the information, allowing the opposing side to negotiate with him.

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

+Support 100% Great suggestion, CI command agrees that it should be seen as meta-gaming having 343 act as a spy for all players on the server, I've personally always hated the rule and dislike it when either CI or MTF used it for information gathering. 

Edited by Coltable
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Panda0Playz said:

SCP-343 can act as a scout for GENSEC, MTF, CI Personnel, or any branch. however, if he is found out doing this, The opposing side can roll to "negotiate"  with 357 and he must tell a lie to the side he is working with, 357 MUST Uncloak himself when looking at the information, allowing the opposing side to negotiate with him.

that second part with the "NOT" was my proposal of how we should change it, ill fix that to make it more clear

+Support

Even if it makes sense that 343 could provide informations about for example a CI raid to foundation staff, it is a pain in the ass to know that might be watched by someone that you cannot stop. And it can be exploited heavily, I have once seen someone on 343 that was asking people to pay him money and in return, he'll act as a UAV giving them information on what's going on in and out of the facility.

Current: Nu-7 VCMDR

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

French Canadian man || Mbappé fan in the making

3 hours ago, Scoron said:

I would like to clarify that this SCP-343 was a member of CI at the time (I checked) and was practically sabotaging MTF/Foundation RP for hours. I also saw that they were in a Teamspeak channel with CI but ya know probably a coincidence xddd

I feel a better solution would be that he can’t interfere with active RP scenarios like telling CI where an MTFs hostage is or trying to convince them to kill the hostage because the people are gonna raid but not getting rid of the rule entirely because at the end of the day what’s really the difference like the MTF raid as an example the RND would have killed the hostage no matter what, I was a part of that raid and the RND had plenty of time to kill the hostage so the outcome of that raid wasn’t changed that much by 343 saying that the MTD were raiding

im gonna try and avoid making another comment so I can try not to get this locked with this conversation if you want to continue just DM me, I’ll be FWM Tako in the medical low command section of the main discord

2 hours ago, pixalgamer99 said:

im gonna try and avoid making another comment so I can try not to get this locked with this conversation if you want to continue just DM me, I’ll be FWM Tako in the medical low command section of the main discord

Please do take this to private messaging, don't want an argument to start, please and thank you.

Foundation Archivist | Operations Supervisor | SCP-RP Senior Admin Forums Diplomat | Support 1 |

4 hours ago, Coltable said:

+Support 100% Great suggestion, CI command agrees that it should be seen as meta-gaming having 343 act as a spy for all players on the server, I've personally always hated the rule and dislike it when either CI or MTF used it for information gathering. 

5 hours ago, Coltable said:

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

15 hours ago, Coltable said:

Nu7 CPT Nu7 DHFTO Head of Degeneracy | Former OH7 
HSU #1 
Ex Nu7 MAJ | Ex DHFTO | Ex HSU Commissar |

17 hours ago, Coltable said:

Promotes a toxic environment with it on the sever which basically says that 343 can metagame, even though that's against the rules. 

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

On 1/2/2021 at 9:04 PM, BryanDaBold said:

+Support

15 hours ago, vSquishyv said:

+Support

Even if it makes sense that 343 could provide information about for example a CI raid to foundation staff, it is a pain in the ass to know that might be watched by someone that you cannot stop. And it can be exploited heavily, I have once seen someone on 343 that was asking people to pay him money and in return, he'll act as a UAV giving them information on what's going on in and out of the facility.

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

17 hours ago, Coltable said:

Retired MTF Nu7 LTCOL| Retired Nu7 HFTO | Retired OH1 |  Retired Admin | French Canadian Man
Custom Classes: Raptor Team Jeff the killer

On 1/2/2021 at 6:04 PM, BryanDaBold said:

+Support

not to be rude, but in my opinion I think most or some just buy platinum just to play on 343 so they don't need to follow metagaming rules

+support

On 1/3/2021 at 8:17 PM, vSquishyv said:

+Support

Even if it makes sense that 343 could provide informations about for example a CI raid to foundation staff, it is a pain in the ass to know that might be watched by someone that you cannot stop. And it can be exploited heavily, I have once seen someone on 343 that was asking people to pay him money and in return, he'll act as a UAV giving them information on what's going on in and out of the facility.

On 1/3/2021 at 9:33 PM, Panda0Playz said:

I agree with something like this. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||