Pathway Marker-Maintenance Suggestion [Completed]

enuz  💣

What are you suggesting? - @Coltable, @Orange 🍊, and I ( @enuz 💣) were looking  through some addons on the Steam Workshop and came across this really good idea for Maintenance, an addition of a Pathway Marker SWEP that places down a pathway marker on the floor or wall to signal a construction area. It can be picked up and placed back down and can literally be put anywhere. 

How would this change better the server? - It would improve Maintenance RP and also Event Team events. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Given that the pack is literally 1,000 MB, I understand why this could be denied; however, if there is a way that this specific SWEP can be extracted from this  pack I think it would work perfectly. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Maintenance Branch. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1444497414

https://gyazo.com/bc6fae0b589f05a21d2a7a10ae87b3b8

https://gyazo.com/0e9d507ed0175ec9c323bed6d2179514

weapon_pathway_marker

0e9d507ed0175ec9c323bed6d2179514.jpg

bc6fae0b589f05a21d2a7a10ae87b3b8.jpg

Edited by enuz 💣
  • Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

+ Support
This could make some for fun RP in maintenance, if SMT is fine with adding it of course. 😄

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support
This could make some for fun RP in maintenance, if SMT is fine with adding it of course. 😄

Foundation Archivist | Operations Supervisor | SCP-RP Senior Admin Forums Diplomat | Support 1 |

12 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

39 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

41 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

+Support

Really cool idea and something that fits perfectly for maintenance! Hopefully there's some way to pull this one specific SWEP from the 1000 MB pack of stuff it comes in.

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, CanOBeanz said:

+Support

Really cool idea and something that fits perfectly for maintenance! Hopefully there's some way to pull this one specific SWEP from the 1000 MB pack of stuff it comes in.

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

+Support

Lots of good reasons for this new swep were provided, I fail to see a reason this should not be added.

Current: Nu-7 VCMDR

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

French Canadian man || Mbappé fan in the making

On 1/1/2021 at 2:21 PM, CanOBeanz said:

+Support

Nu7 CPT Nu7 DHFTO Head of Degeneracy | Former OH7 
HSU #1 
Ex Nu7 MAJ | Ex DHFTO | Ex HSU Commissar |

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 8:05 PM, vSquishyv said:

+Support

Lots of good reasons for this new swep were provided, I fail to see a reason this should not be added.

"𝘕𝘰 𝘐 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'
'𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘦'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯' 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘧 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'?"

-Retired CI MAJ Zero

Before I went forward on supporting this, I wanted to try my hand on extracting the SWEP and see how it operates.

Current information:

Size: ~7 MB

• SWEP
    • Pros:
      • Only those that have the SWEP can pick up the
      • Number of markers placed per spawn is editable
    • Cons:
      • Lights are a bit bright
      • Number of markers replenish every spawn
      • Since it's a weapon SWEP, you can take others markers over the max
  • Prop
    • Pros:
      • Operates the same as the SWEP. Lights and everything.
    • Cons:
      • Only donators are able to spawn the prop

That's the best I have at the moment. Overall +Support. I would love to see this happen. If SMT would like to have my work folder, contact me.

Screenshot_23.thumb.png.29b9afbcbb9eb1648d29852abbcbfaa5.png

• 2 weeks later...