B A T - Denied

PandaInShitpostLand

What are you suggesting? - Fix the Bats hit registration

How would this change better the server? - the 10 dollars people payed for a decent melee weapon wont go to waste by a high damage, but broken melee weapon

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - SMT will have to change some codes, and gensec will be a bit more mad

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone who bought a bat

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - Bat

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

+Support

-It's hit reg is trash

-Even if it does high damage, literally no one uses it

-A waste of money
BUT there is one problem, If the hit reg gets buffed and it gets a really good hit reg, damage should be nerfed or else the weapon would be just crazy OP, so I suggest to nerf the damage and buff the hit reg

Current: Nu-7 VCMDR

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

French Canadian man || Mbappé fan in the making

Just now, vSquishyv said:

+Support

-It's hit reg is trash

-A waste of money
BUT there is one problem, If the hit reg gets buffed and it gets a really good hit reg, damage should be nerfed or else the weapon would be just crazy OP, so I suggest to nerf the damage and buff the hit reg

i was around when the bat was decent, it used to have a 65 damage. which makes it good due to its high preparation speed. problem is, i think that it should be 75. to match the knifes power

19 minutes ago, vSquishyv said:

+Support

-It's hit reg is trash

-A waste of money

Free From GL ❤️

37 minutes ago, BadAim said:

+Support (if this is possible)

The bat hasn’t been used by most since the scythe came out

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

1 hour ago, vSquishyv said:

+Support

-It's hit reg is trash

-A waste of money

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

-Support

I do agree the bat needs a change HOWEVER the bat does crazy damage. Whenever a D-Class lands a hit with a bat it hurts badly so if you make the hit reg a lot better then it might be one of the best melee weapons. IF the damage gets nerfed and the hit reg fixed I would +Support it. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

-support

bat does crazy damage (trust me I’m in medical I know)

if you know how and where too use it the bad hit dev doesn’t actually seem bad (trust me I’m in medical I know)

I know few but still some people who use the bat over anything else because landing a hit is so powerful it can one shot most people

the bat isn’t the only one with bad hit reg try the hammer and hatchet that also do less damage by a lot compared too the bat

+Support

The bat was "THE MELEE WEAPON' Of choice back in the day. It deserves its rightful place back, its hitreg is not awful per say and I can hit pretty well with it with some practice but a slight improvement in the swing radius would be beneficial as it is the most iconic melee weapon imo.

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

1 minute ago, [GL] Mike said:

I don't think you can just "Fix" hit reg especially when pop. is high. Even if this did happen there would have to be a damage nerf as it would then be too OP

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

+/- Support

Personally I don't pay too much attention to melee weapons and their damage, hit reg, and whatever other stats they have. However, I would be down for this to be implemented as it seems there's a lot of support going for it. It may make my time in D-Block harder, though, so I'm not 100% full sending the +Support.

Gensec LTCOL | Deputy Head Warden S.T.A.R.S. Michael Jones Enthusiast

do you are have stupid?                                   goodjob.PNG.9c25ffc1a65cd99790254177add16546.PNG

7 hours ago, vSquishyv said:

+Support

-It's hit reg is trash

-A waste of money

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

5 hours ago, [GL] Mike said:

I don't think you can just "Fix" hit reg especially when pop. is high. Even if this did happen there would have to be a damage nerf as it would then be too OP

Possibly leaving its hit box out for a bit longer could help with this *Like the 2019 Christmas hammer does*
+Support

6 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

+Support

The bat was "THE MELEE WEAPON' Of choice back in the day. It deserves its rightful place back, its hitreg is not awful per say and I can hit pretty well with it with some practice but a slight improvement in the swing radius would be beneficial as it is the most iconic melee weapon imo.

Bro I use the bat and the hitreg is TRASH, even if you get one hit in yes it will hurt but that out of around 3-8 Hits that you get 1 and I dont see an issue since I believe by that time security will most likely have already gunned you down before you even get the chance to swing. 

Zues We gotta have that bat duel when I return

~The man who as a E11 1LT has rushed the Facility with a bat on old Map Cloud

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

14 hours ago, vSquishyv said:

+Support

-It's hit reg is trash

-A waste of money

(to anyone saying "but the damage will be too much" as your basis for a -support. read the bottom of this

On 11/25/2020 at 5:59 PM, vSquishyv said:

+Support

-It's hit reg is trash

-A waste of money

Nu7 CPT Nu7 DHFTO Head of Degeneracy | Former OH7 
HSU #1 
Ex Nu7 MAJ | Ex DHFTO | Ex HSU Commissar |

On 11/25/2020 at 4:59 PM, vSquishyv said:

+Support

-It's hit reg is trash

-A waste of money

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

+/- Support. 

On full swing this thing does 120. That would make it able to one shot people in many scenarios. Nerf the full swing and I’m game.

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69