General Suggestion - Delay D block elevator button - Denied

[GL] Fizz-y Soda

What are you suggesting? - There be a 3-second delay added to the d block elevator buttons. 

How would this change better the server? - Currently, pressing the button will close the doors immediately. People run into the elevator and press the button, instantly closing the doors AS people are still trying to get in. There is not enough time to get in, then people get trapped under the door, breaking the elevator. Adding a delay will help allow everyone that is trying to get in AND out without breaking the door. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - We'd have to wait 3 seconds. But so what?

Who would this change mostly benefit? - D class. Maybe Gensec since waves will be delayed by 3 seconds? Also the elevator will be broken less so they would worry less about that. (Hopefully) But mostly D class.

What I'm trying to prevent THE MOSThttps://medal.tv/clips/34246246/d1337N9VGP7V

Edited by [GL] Fizz-y Soda

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

+Support

Sure.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

Neutral 

It will still cause problems 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+Support

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

On 10/5/2020 at 11:18 PM, Dragin said:

Neutral 

It will still cause problems 

Like?

On 10/7/2020 at 10:48 AM, [GL] Jack I the One & Only said:

+/-

D-Block elevator needs a fix, but slowing it down won't do much

I agree it does need additional work, but a slowing it down helps with being able to actually get off the elevator once in reaches to bottom lol. Several times, I am called back up as soon as it touches the ground because someone in upper called the elevator. 

If we just have it kill people who try to break it, we're still left with the problem of people having trouble getting on, and getting off the elevator without having the gates shut on you half a second later.

CI CMDR / CA

18 minutes ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

Like?

cause then people will be even more inclined to spam the elevator and that will likely spiral into a argument just sayin 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

31 minutes ago, Dragin said:

cause then people will be even more inclined to spam the elevator and that will likely spiral into a argument just sayin 

Spamming wouldn't work the way it does now since the delay would be added. We'd basically just go back to how it was at Site 5. If this is the only issue you have, then I see that this suggestion will fix more issues that it'll cause. As the issue you stated isn't major.

CI CMDR / CA

My point being if people have to wait 10 - 15 second intervals because people will spam the living shit out of it till 5 seconds is up is gonna cause arguments 

+Support

why not?

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

-support 

Let me explain so right now it closes immediately and sometimes people do break it by accident.
But if you had a 3 second delay it will make it so 1 person can break it by themselves by pressing 
the button then run under the gate which you don't have the time to do now because there 
is no delay. To finish adding a 3 second delay wont make people enter at the last second 
and breaking it not a thing it will still be there just 3 second after someone pressed the
button.

Retired MTF Nu7 LTCOL| Retired Nu7 HFTO | Retired OH1 |  Retired Admin | French Canadian Man
Custom Classes: Raptor Team Jeff the killer

16 hours ago, General bacon said:

-support 

Let me explain so right now it closes immediately and sometimes people do break it by accident.
But if you had a 3 second delay it will make it so 1 person can break it by themselves by pressing 
the button then run under the gate which you don't have the time to do now because there 
is no delay. To finish adding a 3 second delay wont make people enter at the last second 
and breaking it not a thing it will still be there just 3 second after someone pressed the
button.

A little confused on the wording but, it'll get rid of the accidental breaks. Delay or not, people who want to break the elevator, will break it. Regardless of delay, and they'll receive punishment for it as they do now, since they intentionally broke it. 

But this isn't the only thing I'm trying to prevent. Please watch the clip in my initial post to see the problem where the elevator being called back up immediately so people cannot get off. With a delay, people can actually get off without being called back up by people up top. This is mostly what I'm trying to get rid of. It's more annoying than the elevator being broken all the time.

CI CMDR / CA

+Support

The D-Class block other D-Class right when the elevator is back down, forcing them to go back up. It should be delayed so they can have time to get off of the elevator

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

On 10/11/2020 at 9:51 PM, General bacon said:

-support 

button.

This is why i also made a suggestion to have a map edit done to make the elevator do 9999999999999 damage so that it will kill them. So peple can't break it as it physically crushes them. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

30 minutes ago, Chief_ said:

This is why i also made a suggestion to have a map edit done to make the elevator do 9999999999999 damage so that it will kill them. So peple can't break it as it physically crushes them. 

Please watch the clip and see if killing the dclass that attempt to break it, will solve the issue I'm showing in the video. 

Everyone seems to be focused on the breaking of the elevator, and not the fact that you CAN'T get off most of the time during riots.

CI CMDR / CA