Server Version Changed to March Update Version - Denied

Creamey

What you want to see? - The version of G-Mod that the server runs on be set to the March update version.

Why should we add it? - Since the April update has caused most people’s in-game mics to be extremely quiet, it has become a struggle for FTOs to train and branches to communicate. I don’t doubt that people will take LOAs or even leave the server because of this problem. What’s more important: mic quality or mic volume?

What are the advantages of having this? - Players will be able to communicate with each other as easy as they could before. Players would not have to deal with the struggle of the new system. Players won’t have to hold their mic to their mouth to talk to people. I assisted an event today and I struggled to explain what the even was to the participants because I sound extremely quiet to others.

Who is it mainly for? - The entirety of the server’s players.

Links to any content -  N/A

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

+Support

This mic change is driving me insane. I cannot hear anyone. Staff sits are much more difficult because people keep cutting out or are too quiet, so I have to make people type during them. Meetings are gonna be a nightmare. Garry has cursed us. 

However, I doubt this will happen. Even if they rollback... eventually, they're going to have to update, and with that update comes back the new voice update.

Just now, Sinnik said:

+Support

This mic change is driving me insane. I cannot hear anyone. Staff sits are much more difficult because people keep cutting out or are too quiet, so I have to make people type during them. Meetings are gonna be a nightmare. Garry has cursed us. 

However, I doubt this will happen. Even if they rollback... eventually, they're going to have to update, and with that update comes back the new voice update.

| SCP-RP | Senior Moderator | 

1 minute ago, Sinnik said:

+Support

Admin For SCPRP , Vice Commander In Nu-7.

Former Major/Head FTO In Omicron-9

spacer.png

This would require everyone who wanted to join the server set their gmod version to the previous month. 

Imo this will never be accepted.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

I understand the problem but its simply not viable

1 minute ago, th3 said:

This would require everyone who wanted to join the server set their gmod version to the previous month. 

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

+Support

This update has a lot of voice issues

-People are quiet

-When I am talking people won't hear me or it cuts the first half out

-When people do talk it sounds like it is in my head

7 minutes ago, th3 said:

I agree with this

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

48 minutes ago, Bread said:

Do voice_avggain 1 in the console to fix this issue.
If that doesn't work, make sure your voice receive settings have been raised. 

-Support, set up a bind

Edited by Zone

Ashie •﹏•#1201

Former CI 2LT Zone | E11 WO Nines 009S

2 hours ago, th3 said:

-Support

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

3 hours ago, th3 said:

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-Support, holy  heavens would this kill the server.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

6 hours ago, Bread said:

Do voice_avggain 1 in the console to fix this issue.
If that doesn't work, make sure your voice receive settings have been raised. 

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

I've seen some questionable suggestions before, but good lord is this the stupidest. It would completely kill our server player-base as ALL players would have to manually set their GMOD version back to the March 2019 one. What kind of new player is going to go out of their way to do that?

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

1 hour ago, Hoovy said:

I've seen some questionable suggestions before, but good lord is this the stupidest

Chill maaaaan dont gotta get offensive.

Edited by Jack II

Rejected from the gaminglight community

19 minutes ago, Jack II said:

Chill maaaaan dont gotta get offensive.

Let me put it in nicer words, then:

This is one of the most uneducated, careless, and inattentive to consequences suggestion I've ever seen. Not trying to start stuff here, so I'll leave it at that.

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

5 minutes ago, Hoovy said:

Let me put it in nicer words, then:

This is one of the most uneducated, careless, and inattentive to consequences suggestion I've ever seen. Not trying to start stuff here, so I'll leave it at that.

That's putting it a bit too nice. Can you be a little meaner? 😉

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

2 hours ago, Hoovy said:

I've seen some questionable suggestions before, but good lord is this the stupidest. It would completely kill our server player-base as ALL players would have to manually set their GMOD version back to the March 2019 one. What kind of new player is going to go out of their way to do that?

Yikes.

Anyways I like the suggestion but hoovy does have a fair point, nobodies going to do that unfortantely. It would kill the community.

Former DHOS

Current GENSEC LTCOL - Deputy Head Juggernaut - HIRU