Should I become Senior Admin?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should I become Senior Admin?

• Yes (Reasoning Below)
    • No (Reasoning Below)

1) What is your in-game name?: Ender

2) What is your steam name?: [GL] Just a Friendly Ender

3) What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:456031274

4) Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Gaminglight is my only experience with staffing.

5) What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) Beginning of June, 2019.

6) What date did you make your forums account? June 18th,2019.

7) Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not an RP Rank)? Admin/Event Team

8 ) How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)? 

1 Warning - 

https://gaminglight.com/bans/player/76561198872328277

9) Have you donated? I have donated $80 USD.

10) What rank are you applying for? Senior Admin

11) Are your staff in another community (BE HONEST)? I am not.

12) Have you read the staff guidelines? You will be tested on it: I have read the staff guidelines.

13) Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

14) Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): [Below]

Super Admins: MiKey, Munchies, & Calamity;

Head Admin: Myan;

Head Of Staff: Matthew;

Manager: Hotshot 

15) Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum):

I believe that I deserve the staff rank of 'Senior Admin' for numerous reasons. To begin, I am an active staff member in-game and on the Forums, Discord, and TeamSpeak, I am on staff a  throughout my time on the server daily and I help staff members when they ask for it and I spectate sits to make sure that staff members are doing okay and not overwhelmed. I am also looking out for the server and acknowledging rule breakers and curious players. When there are a lot of staff sits I will normally get on and help if it gets out of hand for the staff online. Along with that, I am very dedicated to the staff team and I am even more focused on staffing in the previous months. I have overtime realized how important staffing is, the rules, and how staff benefit the server. I have also become more organized and have actually put 'rules' to help me staff and be more effective when dealing with staff related issues/sits or players breaking the rules. I have taken many sits and I believe that this contributes to my knowledge of how to deal with situations and how to help players. This knowledge helps me deal with offenders and to help prevent them from breaking more rules, which helps the server. To add to everything I have stated, I believe I am friendly and a dependable staff member. I always love helping new players and to introduce them to the different aspects of the server. An example of this would be giving a new player $200K to buy a car and to teach him how to drive. Things like this might help the server grow and make it seem more enjoyable. An example of being dependable is how I get onto the server to help issue bans or to look over if staff ask me over Discord or TS. I do not hesitate to hop onto the server and help that staff member out, no matter the time (Unless I cannot get on). I understand that Senior Admin is a huge responsibility and a trusted position within the Staff Team. To address my previous statement, an example of both of these would be how I am TeamSpeak Support and an Event Team Member; I help out in TeamSpeak and deal with new members joining and talk to them in a mature manner and help them with their issues, whether it is giving tags or helping them fill out a forums post. While Event Team and Support are two different things, I believe it takes a trusted and responsible person to help run events and deal with people who break rules during an event. Along with the trust for higher-ups to not abuse the commands given to you as an Event Team member or a Staff/Support Member in General. I believe I am ready to be granted to a more experienced and mature rank in the Gaminglight Staff Team.

16) How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

If someone is Mass RDMing (MRDM) and then proceeds to swear and be very rude too me I would deal with the situation like this. I would bring the reporter to a secluded location (Roof) by accepting the Report using the report system and claiming it, then bringing them. I would ask about the situation and when it happened and if they have an video evidence. While they respond I would be looking in logs, using Advanced Search of checking Combat Logs for the Offender's name and the log evidence to support the MassRDM report. If the evidence shows MassRDM I would then proceed to bring the offender using the !bring "name" command or going into the leaderboard and bringing him/her that way. If they began to curse at me once I brought them I would ask them too calm down. If they do not stop I would proceed to gag the offender by using the !gag "name" command. I would then explain to them that cursing offensively to anyone is considered Disrespect (Staff or Player, depending on what was said and who it was directed towards).  I would then talk to them and tell them that they are being warned for "MassRDM and Staff Disrespect". I would then ban them for 5 or more days, depending on the severity of the situation and rules broken. If they were getting banned I would first explain why and how long. I would ban them by doing !menu and going into Utility and entering the Reasoning, Time and Find the name or Input the SteamID. After that, I would then return the reporter and allow them to continue with Roleplay. Finally, I would close the report and continue staffing. 

#17 - Questions for anyone applying for Admin+  - 

-What would you do if you think a player is an alt account? 

Due to the new system implemented by SMT/EMT we are now required to go to the Senior Management Team, please take that into mind when reading my response. 

If I thought that a player(s) were an alt account I would first begin by spectating them and watching their movements and trying to look for any type of patterns that they might have. I would then get their SteamID and name and search it on the web and SteamID Finder (SteamID lookup) along with the Ban Panel on the Forums (Ban Panel). I would be doing this while continuing to monitor them. I would notify in staff chat that we might have an alt and put updated into chat if I find anything new. If the player at-hand was a confirmed alt I would contact my servers' Senior Management Team. (HA -> Hos -> Manager) through Private Messages if they aren't in-game and notify them that we have an alt account and give them the evidence and SteamID. If they were in-game I would notify them through staff chat. They would take it over from there. I would also jail the player away from other players in a secluded location. 

-What would you do if a player is threatening to chargeback? 

If a player was threatening to chargeback I would teleport to them and explain to them that charging back would be a blacklist. If the reason why they want to chargeback is something myself or a staff member can answer, assistance would be given too them. I would say continue to go on and help and explain charging back and help them fix their issue. If they continued to threaten to chargeback then I would gather up the evidence and hand it over to the Senior Management Team in the Discord with the SteamID and evidence. 

-A family is mass minging and causing issues, how would you stop the family from minging? 

If a family was mass minging I would spectate them and see the situation at-hand. I would then follow up by bringing the family members who are causing the issues or breaking rules. I would then explain why they are here and we would discuss the issue civilly. I would notify them that they need to stop breaking rules or they might be issued a punishment or multiple punishments for the rules broken (That would depend on each individual person) and would explain the rules if they are confused. If anyone was warned I would explain to them that if they believe the warning(s) were false they can make a false warn appeal on the forums. After the sit was done I would continue spectating just to be sure they do not break any other rules. 

-How would you deal with a situation you don't know what to/don't know the answer to? (Don't answer with "I know everything!")

If I do not know the answer to a situation or I do not know what to do I would either check the Staff Handbook, Ask another staff member, or ask for assistance from another staff member or ask in the staff chat, the MOTD is always an option as-well. But, I do believe as a Senior Admin I should be knowing most rules and higher-ups should be called rarely. 

Thank you for reading and going over my application, please leave your feedback below! 

Edited by Ender

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

+Support

Active

Helpful

Gets On When Help is Needed

Great App

Edited by K1LLER
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

+Support

Hello Ender,

While reading your application and other people's responses, I feel that you're ready for the rank of Senior-Admin. Your application is very well detailed and has a lot of information, that will help us get a clear understanding on why you want to become Senior-Admin. You have put a lot of effort and time into your application which shows dedication. I have spoken to you a few times and you're pretty chilled and act mature when talking and playing with, you're also pretty nice and respectful as well.

Answering those little questions I gave you, to apply for Senior-Admin. Gave me a good perspective and understanding about who you are and why you want to become Senior-Admin, you spoke very professionally and gave great responses to the questions. You seem very dedicated and are willing to put more effort in, which is great! You're pretty active on the forums, in teamspeak and in-game, from what others are saying, you're very helpful and you get on when needed which is great to see. I personally think, that you're ready to move up and take on more responsibilities, I feel that you have what it takes to become Senior-Admin and I know you will do a great job!

If this comment was confusing or not what you were expecting, please feel free to contact me via teamspeak, discord, private message on the forums, etc. I'm always free to anyone that needs help with anything or any answers to questions. I would be happily to help anything you need, I'm always free so pop in and have a chat! Don't really have much to say, but I feel that you're ready for Senior-Admin. You have met all the requirements and it looks like you have done great as a Admin, which you're ready to move up! I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you move up!

Kind Regards

Munchies

19/04/2020

• Gaminglight Love 1

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

+support

Your app is great! The only issue i have is i would like to see you on duty more as Admin. But other than that you have been a great staff member. When you are on duty you are quick to jump in and help anyone with out any hesitation which is great plus you always get both sides of the situation before coming to a conclusion.

• Gaminglight Love 1

Former FBI COS | PD LT | DS PFC | Former HRT Overseer | Gaminglight PRP Admin

+Support

Ender is a very respected and mature member of GL and the staff team. He has progressed throughout every department he is in and reached command in most, this goes to show he is dedicated and a man of his words. He is always ready to help members in need IG and is always friendly (as his name suggests)

Good luck Ender

• Gaminglight Love 1

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

Huge +support

-active

-mature

- nice

- hard working

- loves helping the community 

- Great app

- gets on when needed 

- deserves it

- admin for a good amount of time

- Senior admin material 

- very helpful

- is dedicated to the community

I would keep going but I think I might not have enough room... Good luck!!!! 

• Gaminglight Love 1

|Ex PD LT|Delta squad RCT| Ex senior moderator| 

+Support

- Active

- Great application

- Helpful

- Dedicated

The reasons above are why I believe you should be promoted to Senior Admin.

Ender is always willing to help, and is mature when he has to be. Senior Admin is a huge step but I believe it is a change that you are definitely capable of handling.

I hope to see you as a Senior Admin soon.

Good luck Ender!

• Gaminglight Love 1

spacer.png

Just now, Jayden said:

+Support

- Active

- Great application

- Helpful

- Dedicated

The reasons above are why I believe you should be promoted to Senior Admin.

Ender is always willing to help, and is mature when he has to be. Senior Admin is a huge step but I believe it is a change that you are definitely capable of handling.

I hope to see you as a Senior Admin soon.

Good luck Ender!

I agree, I do wish you were on staff a bit more though. good luck!

• Gaminglight Love 1

Signature.png

Hey ender unfortunately i will have to +support this app

-well written app

-well known and liked staff member

- dedicated

-active

Overall you deserve this promotion and hope you get it best of luck!

you thought it this wass a -support at first didn't you?

Edited by Phil GSC
  • Gaminglight Love 1

That bald Aussie Guy

22 hours ago, Sion said:

+Support

Ender is a very respected and mature member of GL and the staff team. He has progressed throughout every department he is in and reached command in most, this goes to show he is dedicated and a man of his words. He is always ready to help members in need IG and is always friendly (as his name suggests)

Good luck Ender

• Gaminglight Love 1

On 4/19/2020 at 10:38 AM, LuckyGoose said:

+support

Your app is great! The only issue i have is i would like to see you on duty more as Admin. But other than that you have been a great staff member. When you are on duty you are quick to jump in and help anyone with out any hesitation which is great plus you always get both sides of the situation before coming to a conclusion.

I agree with Lucky

• Gaminglight Love 1

PoliceRP SMTHead Admin | Head Of Support

22 hours ago, Phil GSC said:

Hey ender unfortunately i will have to +support this app

-well written app

-well known and liked staff member

- dedicated

-active

Overall you deserve this promotion and hope you get it best of luck!

you thought it this wass a -support at first didn't you?

• Gaminglight Love 1

On 4/19/2020 at 10:38 AM, LuckyGoose said:

+support

• Gaminglight Love 1

On 4/19/2020 at 10:06 AM, Munchies said:

+Support

Hello Ender,

While reading your application and other people's responses, I feel that you're ready for the rank of Senior-Admin. Your application is very well detailed and has a lot of information, that will help us get a clear understanding on why you want to become Senior-Admin. You have put a lot of effort and time into your application which shows dedication. I have spoken to you a few times and you're pretty chilled and act mature when talking and playing with, you're also pretty nice and respectful as well.

Answering those little questions I gave you, to apply for Senior-Admin. Gave me a good perspective and understanding about who you are and why you want to become Senior-Admin, you spoke very professionally and gave great responses to the questions. You seem very dedicated and are willing to put more effort in, which is great! You're pretty active on the forums, in teamspeak and in-game, from what others are saying, you're very helpful and you get on when needed which is great to see. I personally think, that you're ready to move up and take on more responsibilities, I feel that you have what it takes to become Senior-Admin and I know you will do a great job!

If this comment was confusing or not what you were expecting, please feel free to contact me via teamspeak, discord, private message on the forums, etc. I'm always free to anyone that needs help with anything or any answers to questions. I would be happily to help anything you need, I'm always free so pop in and have a chat! Don't really have much to say, but I feel that you're ready for Senior-Admin. You have met all the requirements and it looks like you have done great as a Admin, which you're ready to move up! I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you move up!

Kind Regards

Munchies

19/04/2020

And Keuka 

• Gaminglight Love 1

Keuka UMC

After Dark kinda guy 

Denied

Thank you for your interest in the Police-RP Staff Team!

Unfortunately, after intensive review by Police-RP SMT, this application has been denied. Please do not contact anyone regarding the denial of this application. 

You may re-apply in 2 weeks.

~Police-RP Senior Management Team

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor