Tac units cannot be kidnapped - Denied

ColeSoft Grey

What you want to see? - Tac units cannot be kidnapped 

Why should we add it? - In reality. Tac units work it teams of 5 to 10.  So you would never be able to find a lone tac member. And how are you ment to kidnap a highly trained and well armed Member of a tactical branch in the first place. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Adds RP.  Prevents the "all tac on the server is kidnapped leaving PD to negotiate" issue. 

Who is it mainly for? - PD

Links to any content - nahh

Cole Sladvak // ColeSoft Grey

| PoliceRP | SRT Command Police Lieutenant |

Retired FBI Command of 3 Years - Deputy Director | Retired S.W.A.T Command | Thought up SS and created HRT Former UMC

2014 GL Veteran | 2016 PoliceRP LEO |

-support just have a weapon out at all times :3

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

Just now, Hannah said:

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

11 minutes ago, Freeze said:

We used to have this rule, where you needed 3 crim+ to kidnap tac, rule got removed cause it was kinda dumb.

Maybe something like 2 + but otherwise

- support

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

1 hour ago, Hannah said:

The issue there is. Even if you have a gun out on safety. Your still under fearRP 

Retired FBI Command of 3 Years - Deputy Director | Retired S.W.A.T Command | Thought up SS and created HRT Former UMC

-Support

The way I see it, If the tac person has a gun out at all times and remains in his group of teammates, then there should be no issue with getting kidnapped. However, if a tac member puts himself into a position where they are alone somewhere and dont have a gun out, then that is just a personal issue. The tac member should be smart and trained enough not to make him so vulnerable. Therefor, being able to be kidnapped at a time like that is perfectly logical. Also, if the tac member has a gun out I dont think fearRP applies because the gun is ready to go so if someone was to run up the tac member could easily engage in a gun battle. 

PD Major, EMS Captain

- Support

•  Reasoning above

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

58 minutes ago, richp90xxx said:

-Support

The way I see it, If the tac person has a gun out at all times and remains in his group of teammates, then there should be no issue with getting kidnapped. However, if a tac member puts himself into a position where they are alone somewhere and dont have a gun out, then that is just a personal issue. The tac member should be smart and trained enough not to make him so vulnerable. Therefor, being able to be kidnapped at a time like that is perfectly logical. Also, if the tac member has a gun out I dont think fearRP applies because the gun is ready to go so if someone was to run up the tac member could easily engage in a gun battle. 

And if your the only tac unit on? And even having your weapon on safety and someone pulls their gun on you is still FearRP on you.  What are you suppose to do?

1 minute ago, ColeSoft Grey said:

And if your the only tac unit on? And even having your weapon on safety and someone pulls their gun on you is still FearRP on you.  What are you suppose to do?

As being the only tac unit, in your initial suggestion you wrote “Tac units work it teams of 5 to 10.  So you would never be able to find a lone tac member.” So, if they are alone because no one is on then that is just an unfortunate situation and then they should have waited for more tac to be on then for there to be an actual team. 

Also, in the tac training they say to always have a gun out, this makes it so tac is always ready to fight or defend themselves. I think that it can’t be fear-rp since the tac member already has a gun out and safety will not change anything. Its a lot different when your gun is holstered and you are at gun point verses when the gun is in your hand and ready to fire within a second.

I do see the point in your suggestion but it would not really be rp if a tac member couldn’t be kidnapped simply because it’s a new rule. I believe if a criminal sees an opportunity to kidnap the tac member, they should be well within their right to do so and the tac member should always be ready for a situation like that to happen and use his training and awareness to minimize the likely hood of such a thing happening. The way the current rule is makes it fair game for everyone.

PD Major, EMS Captain

1 minute ago, richp90xxx said:

As being the only tac unit, in your initial suggestion you wrote “Tac units work it teams of 5 to 10.  So you would never be able to find a lone tac member.” So, if they are alone because no one is on then that is just an unfortunate situation and then they should have waited for more tac to be on then for there to be an actual team

I think you missed the "In reality" part

2 minutes ago, richp90xxx said:

Also, in the tac training they say to always have a gun out, this makes it so tac is always ready to fight or defend themselves. I think that it can’t be fear-rp since the tac member already has a gun out and safety will not change anything. Its a lot different when your gun is holstered and you are at gun point verses when the gun is in your hand and ready to fire within a second.

SMT Rules

On 4/18/2020 at 4:00 PM, Freeze said:

We used to have this rule, where you needed 3 crim+ to kidnap tac, rule got removed cause it was kinda dumb.

Maybe something like 2 + but otherwise

- support

Ex - CWRP Admin Alpha| Ex - Clone General Alpha| 

"All of you chumps are gonna bow, when I whoop him. All of ya! I know you got him, I know you got him picked...But the man's in trouble. I'mma show YOU how GREAT I AM!" -Muhammad Ali

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor