Austins TMod Application - Denied

austin9675

What is your in-game name?: Austin

What is your steam name?: Austin9675

What is your steam ID?:STEAM_0:1:91164215

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) yes. I have been admin of 2 other prop hunt servers before they decided to shut down due to lack of players.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) December 7th-8th

What date did you make your forums account? December 15th (around that time)

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)? VIP+

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)?0

1623560498_GarrysMod12_25_201911_30_08AM.thumb.png.5f3753fb1f0504989372e2bf9d20353d.png

Have you donated? Yes

What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)? Currently no

Have you read the staff guidelines at

? You will be tested on it: Yes

Timezone: EST

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this):

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): I've been playing on this server for a few weeks now and just really fell in love with how well put together it is and how well the people act

i love watching to see situations play out such as bank robbery or hostage situations, traffic stops, ect. I would love to help people anyway i possibly could and help make this server more professional in every way possible

honestly i just love jobs like this to me its enjoyable to be able to help people with whatever problems they are having, from to a texture issue or if someone is RDMing them and admins have to step in and take care of it.

Also i am a police officer IRL and i kinda enjoy listening to other people's problems and then helping them solve those problems in the best way possible.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

At first i would try to calm the player down and ask them why they are going around the server mass RDMing people and if the player continued i would gag them so that they were no longer able to say anything and give them a few minutes to calm down, after about 2-3 minutes if they are calm i would talk to them and ask them why they did what they did, explain to them why its wrong and why they cant do it and then depending on how many people they have RDM would be how i decided the punishment along with how many warns/bans they have already had. 

If the player does not calm down after being ungaged i would sit there while they are still gagged and explain to them that they are not helping themselves state their case in anyway by cussing at staff and being disruptive

i will explain to the player the punishment that they are being given as a result of their mass RDM (probably around 5 to 6 day ban depending on warn history)  if its a new player id probably go for a 3-4 day ban.

The number of days for the ban would depend on how many times they have been warned and how they have acted overall.

Q1: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

i would gag everyone involved and keep them gagged until everyone calmed down, i would explain to them that nothing is getting done and we are not solving anything by sitting here and yelling at each other but wasting each others time by arguing. I would ask everyone to calm down and speak one at a time by either PTS or just by choosing who gets to talk next.

I would listen to everyone points and argument then depending on why we are in there for example Fail RP, then i would issue out punishments fairly depending on who has done what and how many warnings each player has.

Q2: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? Honestly i think that giving them the punishment that the rules calls for is fair enough, i do not think anything should be taken personal (them cussing or arguing with you) i think to avoid further confrontation then the player should be given their punishment and returned to their spot. i would afterwords keep an eye on them to make sure they do not do what got them in trouble in the first place or break any other rules.

Q3: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

As long as the reporting player has evidence of the player abusing this bug (video evidence) then i would consider the player as cheating and teleport to them and ask them why they are abusing this bug, if they say that its not against the rules i will explain to them how using bugs in the game is considered cheating and is against the rules and a bug is something that just happens and is not something someone can control. After explaining to them why its against the rules i would give them the punishment that seemed fit (most likely a warning depending on if they were caught doing it before, if they were then possibly a 2-3 day ban)

Edited by austin9675
had to delete a question

So +/- Support

"Please pick and answer one of the questions only if applying for Senior Moderator" Your applying for trial mod.

The 15 and 16 could use work

Literally 0 fourms activity

Honestly, ive seen you a couple times. But not alot

My only + is your a nice guy, and your fun to be around but. 

~Merry Christmas

• Gaminglight Love 1

Signature.png

+/- Support

- Good and Friendly guy

- 0 warnings

- Only 1 forum post which happens to be this application

- App wasn't correct directly after posting

You're friendly and you know the rules. I know you know the rules because its been a week or two and you don't have any warnings.

If you get your forums activity up and make sure that your application is strong right out of the gates you'll have a better shot at staff !

Good luck Austin !

Edited by Jayden
  • Gaminglight Love 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Jayden said:

+/- Support

- Good and Friendly guy

- 0 warnings

You're friendly and you know the rules. I know you know the rules because its been a week or two and you don't have any warnings.

If you get your forums activity up and make sure that your application is strong right out of the gates you'll have a better shot at staff !

Good luck Austin !

Couldn’t of said it at all better merry Christmas good luck 

• Gaminglight Love 1

"I feel i should say something profound, like one small step for man; All that i think of to say, is i feel like i have waited for this day for centuries"-Harrison Wells
"You where good son, real good; Maybe even the best."-TF2  | Military RP Spetznaz1st LT United States Sergeant

- Support

- Good and Friendly guy

- 0 warnings

- Don't see you as much in-game 

- Not as active as could be

Hey! This could easily be a +support maybe I'm a little strict but some more time on the server and being more social or maybe replying on forum post or introducing yourself through the forums could get you a good reputation. Best of luck and Merry Christmas!

~ Noah Jimes | PD SM / State Trooper |

• Like 1

Trooper SGT PD SM SPRT SGT DOC SGT CO SS SSO SPHP Head PM | LOA

Noah Jimes

- Support

- Does not reach the word count on 150 minimum (142)

- Replying to own application

2 hours ago, Bize said:

- 0 warnings

Edited by Rick Sanchez

15 minutes ago, austin9675 said:

You guys realize I’m on every day right? I see a lot of you. I’m on more toward the afternoon and night more then anything but it’s everyday. I’m addicted to this server. 
sorry that’s the only thing I had to point out. 

- support 

Replied to own application. 

Low Forum activity 

i got no clue who you are never seen you in game.

also i got no clue why you put the question stuff in, not in the format so not really needed. (its still your own app you can have it if you like)

Replied to his application 

Overall Rating: Major - support

-who are you?

-low forums post 

-replied to own app

|Ex PD LT|Delta squad RCT| Ex senior moderator| 

Will I’ve played with you several times 

most the time we are both on at the same time. 
like I said I wasn’t expecting to get in right away I’ve literally taken everyone’s feedback who posted and will learn to fill this out better next time. So I’m not mad I love playing with all of you. Just deny it and let me know when I can re apply so I can do better. 

7 hours ago, JackOG said:

@Will (WTLM2013) thats fucked how are you gonna say "who are you" to someone who is a corporal in your own police department. Maybe if you were as active as you present yourself to be you would know him.

You don’t understand, he means he isn’t well known in the community not exactly will doesn’t know him just not persay everyone knows him well enough to be staff, as well will is a major. It is not his police department.

"I feel i should say something profound, like one small step for man; All that i think of to say, is i feel like i have waited for this day for centuries"-Harrison Wells
"You where good son, real good; Maybe even the best."-TF2  | Military RP Spetznaz1st LT United States Sergeant

Keep it to a +/- Support on this application please.

Reasons Stated Above -support

Dont reply on own application even if its going to be denied shows clear disregard of the rules 

ExPolicerp Event Team Leader |  ExPolicerp Senior Admin | ExState LT |  ExCERT SGT | PD SM | EXSS ASAIC | Ex EMS Deputy | ExLore Senior Guard MI SHGO Carnor Jax  | EXSenate Commando SGT Taggart 

23 hours ago, Bize said:

- Support

- Good and Friendly guy

- 0 warnings

Hey! This could easily be a +support maybe I'm a little strict but some more time on the server and being more social or maybe replying on forum post or introducing yourself through the forums could get you a good reputation. Best of luck and Merry Christmas!

~ Noah Jimes | PD SM / State Trooper |

• Like 1

• Head Admin
6 hours ago, Torty said:

You don’t understand, he means he isn’t well known in the community not exactly will doesn’t know him just not persay everyone knows him well enough to be staff, as well will is a major. It is not his police department.

@JackOG I only really noticed him within the past week or so. Just because you are a high rank such as CPL or SGT, that does not mean I know you like a friend or something. 

ALs6j_EhXkr61kQS1B7NLXq2Y5mRM1v5siUmOqed

22 hours ago, Tonto said:

-Support

-You replied to your own application

-low forum post

-I rarely see you on (maybe time difference idk)

-Application wasn't correct when posted

-At lease you have no warns

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

8 hours ago, Torty said:

I completely understand. I know what he meant by saying "who are you" I just said it was disrespectful by the way he worded it. Im just glad I have enough of a brain to be able to break down the sentence that you posted. Next time you make a sentence, make sure you know how to properly structure it. "you don't understand, he means he isn't well known in the community not exactly will doesn't know him just not persay everyone knows him well enough to be staff, as well will is a major. It is not his police department." 

1. I didnt literally mean Will owns the police department he is command in it and should be active enough to know someone that has been promoted various times and allegedly rode along with him.

2. I was the subject as the sentence started and the shift between me to Will as the subject was nonexistent and made the sentence unreadable.

I know they teach you about subject and predicate as well as structuring your compound/complex sentences in your grade so you should know this. 

• Laughing 1

- Support

Responded to his own application 

• Laughing 1

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."