Friendly Steve - Senior Mod Application

Friendly Steve

Should I be promoted to Senior Moderator?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be promoted to Senior Moderator?

• Yes
    • No

1. What is your in-game name?:
    Friendly Steve

2. What is your steam name?:
    [GL] Friendly Steve

3. What is your steam ID?:
     STEAM_0:0:23939222 

4. Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain)
    Yes I had played a Dark RP server in the past and I was the rank of Super Admin. I had left due to time commitments the server was requiring and I could not be on for 4+ hours everyday while in Highschool. I as well ran an Arma 2 Day Z Epoch and Overpoch server for 3 years which had been shut down due to Bohemia becoming more serious towards servers selling in game items for money (Which kept the server alive).

5. What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)
    Approximately July 5th

6. What date did you make your forums account?
    Wednesday July 11th

7. Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?

8. How many warns do you have on the server?

9. Have you donated?
    Yes! $80USD 

10. What rank are you applying for?
    Senior Moderator

11. Have you read the staff guidelines at

You will be tested on it:
    Yes

12. Timezone:
    EST

13. Permission (Admin+ need this): N/A

14. Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)
    I believe I deserve this rank because ever since being staff I feel like I have built many connections within the community and I am someone people can trust and turn to when they need help. I have tried my best to be a fair staff member to all of the players who I come
    across, even players who may constantly minge I still try my best to educate them and explain to them that they should just learn to think about their actions before they do it so they do not accumulate more warns on their account, especially because it can hinder their acceptances into other departments.

My love for this server has increased with my time on it and between working full time, having a girlfriend who likes to soak up a lot of time and some schooling every second of my free time is spent on the server helping players out or doing some RP! I have spent quite a bit of time teaching players how to build, how to set up fading doors so they do not get raided as easily and even just donating money to players who had just lost everything from a raid and had just started out.

I believe I possess exceptional communication skills especially when it comes to sits. I try my best to thoroughly explain the reasons for a warn or even the reasons on why I am giving someone a verbal warning. I often put myself in the shoes of the people I am dealing with in sits. For example if someone comes to me claiming someone FearRP'd I would put myself in the shoes of the person who supposedly FearRP'd and think about how I would think a sit should go. Such as seeing if the complainant has any evidence or if there are any logs to support his claim. The last thing I want to do as staff is falsely warn someone who doesn't deserve a warn or who made an honest mistake and gets punished for it.

I strongly believe I have proved that I am not one to blindly minge players, abuse my powers or be a negative experience for players which is why I believe I am ready to advance to the Senior Moderator position. In this position I would of course keep my same attitude but as well continue to mentor the other staff below me when they need assistance or have questions.

Thank you all for taking your time to read this!

15. How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?
    I would !jailtp him to a secure location and begin asking him why he was MassRdming. If he began swearing at me I would simply !gag him and then investigate the claims against him by using !plogs. Once I find sufficient evidence in the damage/kill logs and find that he had indeed either attempted to Mass RDM or did RDM and kill the players I would explain to him what I found and I am giving him a chance to explain why he did what he had done. If he continued to swear or curse at me I would gag him once more and
    inform an Admin of what the individual had done and let him know I had checked the logs and would request a 10,000 sec Minge on the player. Along with that I would !warn the player for MassRDM | FailRP | Staff Diss | Appeal @gaminglight.com. I would then TP him to the timeout room and share the !motd to the player and suggest he reads it if he wants to be a long term player on the server.

Edited by Friendly Steve

14 hours ago, Marsgaming said:

Major + Support

-Very helpful

-Kind to others

-Active

-Helps lower ranking staff

-Trustworthy

-Helped me in many sits

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

On 9/17/2018 at 12:22 AM, Munchies1 said:

+Support

• Active
  • Mature & Respectful
  • Application is well made
  • Has been Senior-Moderator for a good amount of time
  • Good Luck!

Edited by [GL] Matthew

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor

• Fame locked this topic