Mobster NLR - Denied

ZJ

6 hours ago, SnarledBison said:

The clip you showed is of a mobster whos gotten to armory using an Acog. So I dont really see how that clip is relevant when the conversation is mainly about the tommy gun. 

Yeah so... Imma be real with you I thought he had a Tommy gun. I still stand by my point as that sort of damage happens all the time with the tommy gun, I'll remove the clip though

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

+support IF mobster gets his cuffs back, that was some of the most fun I've had on the server was cuffing research command and selling them back to Gensec
Mobster is straight up better than D-Class CC's at the moment even if mobster doesn't have the long range capabilities of a CC  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlantBruh said:

+support IF mobster gets his cuffs back, that was some of the most fun I've had on the server was cuffing research command and selling them back to Gensec
Mobster is straight up better than D-Class CC's at the moment even if mobster doesn't have the long range capabilities of a CC  

Im down to change my -support to +support if mobster are given their cuffs back, its the only thing that made that class worth playing for.

-support

if you're lvl 100, you probably have enough money to just buy guns for 8 dclass. That's a lot more effective than 1 mobster. I've only played on that class a few times and I've found it better to just create D class riots with supplier. Coming up as mobster nonstop will just cause lockdown or hands up. 

If you're worried about RP branches, then just call hands up if the mobster is causing a problem. 

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

I saw this post idea and I knew the comments were gonna be a shitshow lmaoooo.

+/- Support 

I think the Tommy gun needs a tad bit of a nerf if anything, as when there are 2 mobsters online rioting, it causes hell. However we've been able to defend D-Block just fine so it really doesn't need that big of a nerf. Also adding NLR would make the job alot less fun.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Sixx said:

I saw this post idea and I knew the comments were gonna be a shitshow lmaoooo.

+/- Support 

I think the Tommy gun needs a tad bit of a nerf if anything, as when there are 2 mobsters online rioting, it causes hell. However we've been able to defend D-Block just fine so it really doesn't need that big of a nerf. Also adding NLR would make the job alot less fun.

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

On 2/12/2022 at 12:47 AM, Mind Stone said:

+Support (on tommy nerf)

That gun is powerful af. Idfk what people are talking about saying its trash. Damage and recoil both need a nerf. It has 50 rounds and can kill a 200 200 CC in 15 shots. 

23 Damage a shot
700 RPM
Easy to control with a moderate spread
take that as you will

For my personal opinion ill go with a +support ONLY for a 30 second NLR.

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

On 2/12/2022 at 12:33 AM, Domo775 said:

-support

ill change it to a +support if lightweight gets a 2-3 minute nlr

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

-SUPPORT

In all honesty, ever since the cuffs were removed mobster became a frontline class for rioting compared to what it used to do. Think of it in this light:

+Powerful SMG with large mag for dealing heavy DPS to distracted enemies
+Ability to give d class guns to fuel riots
+No NLR for savage rushing
-Extremely noticeable especially in a crowd (gets focused more)
-No healing or utility items, completely depends on pure DPS and is practically useless outside of that.

Its a power class. It may be a level 100 class, but i feel like limiting its ability to act as a frontline class for riots would just invalidate mobster as a class. It may not seem like it but every class has a purpose. Lets think in the mind of someone experienced, someone who has access to pro class D, mobster, and a CC. Pro class D acts as a supportive class, they have less firepower but have no NLR and a medkit, meaning they are good for versatility. CC's have NLR, but are way better equipped than both mobster and PCD. Every dclass job may seem similar but they all hold a place for combined power within dblock riots. 

One of the most fun things about d class is the fact that you have no NLR. I would rather have mobster have some sort of power nerf, weather in health or damage, instead of NLR because that's what draws people in to play d-class. It wouldn't really make sense to remove what makes playing d-class unique, because at that point it would be better to play a CC, which would make the class less played. My stance stays at keeping the NLR as its a majority of what gives mobster a use on the field.

Edited by Catalyst
Grammar skill issue
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 11:27 AM, Cecil Stedmen said:

-support

It's a level 100 Job with only 2 slots; makes sense that it's LVL 100 ability is no NLR while having a single D Class CC Tier Gun.

-Support

Ranks: Former DHWD SEC MAJ | Former Nu7 SM | Former Research RM | Former Foxtrot-15 | EXM

CCs: (Owns) Omnipurpouse Furry Force, (On) MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' , Snowmen , MTF Unit Heaven Ascendants A Normal D-Class 

"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction." --- JFK

On 2/12/2022 at 12:33 AM, Domo775 said:

-support

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

+Support for some kind of NLR for them

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

On 2/18/2022 at 12:08 PM, MichaelWebb100 said:

I would say to nerf the Mobster as I have nearly emptied a full clip into one took then to 112hp and they kill me too easily

Honestly that's just hitreg and TTK. Its the same for all combat classes, people will empty 3 sometimes 4 magazines into their targets and they will be at half to low HP. Personally I think combat itself is just in a very bad state at the moment, however its the way SMT want the server to play so I don't see it changing any time soon. Therefor I think Mobster should have a NLR timer 60 seconds like D-Class Custom Characters or possibly something lower like ~30-45 seconds. But if a server wide weapons buff does occur, I think Mobster should stay in its current state.

Changing to  +/- Support

Edited by Cuz L0g1c

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

On 2/11/2022 at 11:33 PM, Domo775 said:

-support

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

No NLR needed, Tommy Gun just needs a nerf. I absolutely demolish everybody with that gun with no problem and I'm horrible at PVP so thats saying a lot

• Dislike 1

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week