Revert the Maynard nerf or Make more of a guideline - Denied

Some Weeb

Post name: Revert the Maynard nerf or Make more of a guideline 

What are you suggesting? -  Revert the Maynard update or make better  guidelines. What I mean by this is that Maynard as of the moment is too "Open". You need an "RP Reason" to kill people now but the major and overlooked issue is that, an RP reason is literally open to anyone's scrutiny. One person can think its a valid reason and another not so much like you tell me what will happen if Maynard kills someone thinks its  a good rp reason and then the staff doesn't and that person gets warned. Its a completely unnecessary gamble for Maynard's.  Even better what if someone shoots at maynard misses all their shots and maynard kills them. In logs maynard would've instigated and looked like the bad guy again swaying shit in every way against maynard. 

The alternative 

Make an assassination Guideline, when maynard kills someone silently and nobody knows it counts as an assassination. Maynard can only assassinate someone every 2-5 minutes; this is  honestly more of a take your pick for SMT.  However if a KOS or anything that directly threatens threatens maynard with death he may terminate. 

How would this change better the server? -  Maybe not make maynard so obsolete and gamble like to use. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  I dont see any this would allow maynard to still cause some mayhem to cover CI and would also make it balanced with a cooldown. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  Maynard, because literally everything feels against maynard rn. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+Support

Please do this, maynard is no longer fun to play on. And when you kill people they just make a report on you saying "That wasn't a reason to kill me/cuff me"

Nu7 MSGT | Ex CI R&D AIN | Ex Sec 2LT | Ex OS | Ex CI 2LT

[CC] Owns: OPIF - Omnipurpose Infantry Force | Charple on Vacation | Vonzen Plushi | CI Take Force 'Blackhawks'

[CC] On: Farmer Jakub | MTF Sigma-66 | E-11 Rangers 'Reborn' | TF2 Solider | CI TF2 Heavy | Obama | Lone Wolf | Combine | STARS

1130161669_GarrysmodScreenshot2022_01.30-20_27_06.70(2)_LI.jpg.c6723c46c24ad245a3dc168769f7c8cc.jpg

- Support

The issue was that all Maynard players were getting way too comfortable with just RDMing people for no reason, even Colt said that he hated it. If people weren't kill hungry, it wouldn't have happened. And for a reason, you can be pretty vague with your reasoning too, just learn how to play around it man don't go to hate it.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support

The issue was that all Maynard players were getting way too comfortable with just RDMing people for no reason, even Colt said that he hated it. If people weren't kill hungry, it wouldn't have happened. And for a reason, you can be pretty vague with your reasoning too, just learn how to play around it man don't go to hate it.

This literally prevents people from going on killing sprees I.E the cooldown if you read the actual suggestion. 

My reasons are not vague in the slightest I gave a very precise scenario in which maynard would get in trouble and there would be little he could do to get out of it.  I am not hating it its literally unfair in every aspect staff wise, rp wise and so forth.  Everything seems to be player scrutiny which is a dangerous rule. Cause if one person thinks its a good rp reason another person could not think that and if that person happens to be staff what do you think happens to maynard?

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

So what with Maynard was changed: 

Maynard can no longer go around killing players at random/killing for fun.

What can Maynard still do:

Breach SCP's,
Help CI raid/escape the Facility,
Help D-class escape/cause chaos in the Facility,
Sabotage the Facility systems such as Tesla's, Lights, and Lockdown,
Gather general Intel/information for CI to use for Raids or interrogations,
Lie and trick the foundation players within roleplay.

Hes a goddamn Foundation Doctor who's a spy for CI, In the design we have for Maynard on our server we want him to be used for chaos and intel gathering while allowing players the ability to breach scps kinda like the video-games. It might be fun for you to go around killing random gensec ofc, but it isnt good roleplay and not the design element i want for the job. I believe he should have the ability to defend himself yes but HIS TOP PRIORITY should always be trying to keep his cover and going around killing foundation players leads to maynard resets every 20mins. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Coltable said:

Aint tryna argue with ya colt but he cant help D-class get out if they are lockdown by security which is why assassination's  would be a good addition. It would allow him to help get out D-Class and make him able to assist them in getting out even when there are 20 gensec on. 

And its always the days that there are fuck loads of gensec where d-class struggle the most. This would allow D-class to have more fun. 

6 minutes ago, Coltable said:

I think we can both agree regardless of player moral integrity except for people like piller they wont actually listen to maynard or at least they will be 5000% more suspicious then normal. 

I dont know Colt I dont think reinstating the whole killing spree idea is good but I just want more definitive guidelines so that way not everything is so open to scrutiny cause that in my opinion will just lead to more harm then good. i.e the examples within the suggestion.

Thank you for your reply. 

-support

Colt basically said it all, Maynard is basically a support class. If a Maynard wants to empty out D-Block, is it reaonable that someone with 100hp 100ap max could take down, like you mentioned, 20 Gensec? A support class like Maynard could instead provide Intel for a raid, sabotage to slow down gensec, and/or breach an SCP which will do the killing for him.

2 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

2 hours ago, Coltable said:

So what with Maynard was changed: 

Maynard can no longer go around killing players at random/killing for fun.

What can Maynard still do:

Breach SCP's,
Help CI raid/escape the Facility,
Sabotage the Facility systems such as Tesla's, Lights, and Lockdown,
Gather general Intel/information for CI to use for Raids or interrogations,

Hes a goddamn Foundation Doctor who's a spy for CI, In the design we have for Maynard on our server we want him to be used for chaos and intel gathering while allowing players the ability to breach scps kinda like the video-games. It might be fun for you to go around killing random gensec ofc, but it isnt good roleplay and not the design element i want for the job. I believe he should have the ability to defend himself yes but HIS TOP PRIORITY should always be trying to keep his cover and going around killing foundation players leads to maynard resets every 20mins. 

This pretty much sums it up. Killing people, no matter how subtle or covert you are about it, is inherently risky. People are missed and mistakes happen. It does not make sense that a deep-cover intelligence asset like Maynard is going to risk his cover by gunning down a random MTF Private or a GenSec Officer. It's borderline fail RP, even within the confines of semi-serious roleplay.

A Maynard player can seriously fuck things up for the Foundation when played right and can make things very fun and interesting for both sides, and all without him firing a single shot.

There isn't a problem with the job or its guidelines, there's a problem with imagination.

Edited by Kvist

9 minutes ago, Kvist said:

A Maynard player can seriously fuck things up for the Foundation when played right and can make things very fun and interesting for both sides, and all without him firing a single shot.

When i played maynard back in the old days i found joy in causing insane chaos while not leaving a single trail or anyway for someone to point it back towards me, nothing better than a mtf cmd passing by saying "yo ooc bro ik you fucking breached 682 and 939 but i cant prove it, i hate you fuck you lmao" ... Hi maynard!

• Gaminglight Love 1

4 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support

Yea maynard is supposed to be a spy not just someone who runs around killing people

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

4 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

5 hours ago, Flixy said:

+Support

Please do this, maynard is no longer fun to play on. And when you kill people they just make a report on you saying "That wasn't a reason to kill me/cuff me"

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

2 hours ago, Demon Dice said:

Yea maynard is supposed to be a spy not just someone who runs around killing people

Are yoy guys reading the suggestion lmao

It specifically states he has to do it quietly and has a cooldown. This is to make his role as a spy more efficient. People who abuse it lose it very simple. 

PLEASE Read the suggestion before stating something that so clearly proves your clueless to the suggestions content. 

Edited by Some Weeb

4 hours ago, Coltable said:

When i played maynard back in the old days i found joy in causing insane chaos while not leaving a single trail or anyway for someone to point it back towards me, nothing better than a mtf cmd passing by saying "yo ooc bro ik you fucking breached 682 and 939 but i cant prove it, i hate you fuck you lmao" ... Hi maynard!

image.png

In all seriousness though, 

-Support .a sad but needed change 😔

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

8 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support

spacer.png

-Support

I'm sorry but There are easy ways to prove that killing someone was a good RP reason, like killing someone to stop them from seeing you break Lights or Teslas, ETC. Maynard as stated by others is a CI SPY and not some CI Hitman.

I do agree there should be a way to explain how Maynard could explain his killings since it would be up to the player to have a recording software to prove themselves.  

Edited by DemiGodRaymond

Former -{Longest Purge VCMDR} {EXP Researcher} {CI LCPL x2} {Maintenance Professional{CI RnD Supervisory Agent}{MTF Nu7 1LT } {HTF Zealot}

OWNER OF {The Eternal Twins{Phantom Squadron{MTF Kairos-01 'Sola Fide'{A Group of Psychos}

-Support

Maynard is a spy, not an assassin. the new rules are working fine. If you want to kill people play CI Military.

I hate tabbing out for 5 minutes and coming back to be killed by maynard.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

4 minutes ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

-Support

Maynard is a spy, not an assassin. the new rules are working fine. If you want to kill people play CI Military.

SCPRP | Mr. Inactive | Resigned

Former: Admin Maintenance Foreman Head Of H.L.P.R. Bot | MTF E11 SSGT Bulborb L1GT

[On CC's] Frank West MTF ETA 10 U2 "See No Evil"

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Coltable said:

^^^^
-Support

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

40 minutes ago, Veesus said:

Can't he already kill indiscriminately with a good enough reason? That's the only time you need to kill anyway. Also isn't this a job for only like 10 people anyway?

-support

only for people above cpt in rnd or mil
Honestly you dont need to kill on funny research man to have fun 
BREACHING IS FUN 

-SOUP

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

19 hours ago, Propane said:

-support

Colt basically said it all, Maynard is basically a support class. If a Maynard wants to empty out D-Block, is it reaonable that someone with 100hp 100ap max could take down, like you mentioned, 20 Gensec? A support class like Maynard could instead provide Intel for a raid, sabotage to slow down gensec, and/or breach an SCP which will do the killing for him.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

16 hours ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

-Support

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"