A slight change to the 2 life rule - Denied

Its Buck

I understand that this is a frequently denied suggestion but I think this is a valid reason for change 

What are you suggesting? -  A slight change to the 2 life rule allowing only 2 COMBATANT life’s and a 3rd NON combatant life. 

How would this change better the server? -  

Right now some branches like Research, Medical, Maintenance and Semi RnD ( they do pretty well the majority of the time) seem to struggle with consistent numbers online at a given time. My suggestion is to allow a 3rd life for a Designated NON COMBATANT branch. This could increase the amount of RP that is done on the server and make it less of a PVP dedicated server. Right now we have 3 MTF branches, GENSEC/Wardens and CI making this a heavy combat server. Most people will go towards the combat branches and use a life in those. Where as Non combatant branches seem to be overlooked and disregarded. With this change people will be more likely to have a 3rd life in these branches without having to leave another branch for it. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None that I can think of 

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  Non combatant activity on the server 

• Like 1

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

+Support

Utility overall is pretty inactive compared to combat branches (No Offense I Love Yall), but this would probaly help bring their activity up as more people can play the combat branches they love and a fully RP branch.

• Like 1

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, Sixx said:

+Support

Utility overall is pretty inactive compared to combat branches (No Offense I Love Yall), but this would probaly help bring their activity up as more people can play the combat branches they love and a fully RP branch.

Just to let you know that maintenance and medical it takes a life once you hit command

31 minutes ago, Sixx said:

+Support

-Support

Utility doesn't take a life until command and the 2 life rule is there to prevent people from overwhelming themselves and being in too many branches.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

Just now, Pillercat said:

-Support

Utility doesn't take a life until command and the 2 life rule is there to prevent people from overwhelming themselves and being in too many branches.

For once its my place to say this but since when do others make decisions for me?

I am fucking Some Weeb I can do EVERYTHING 

seriously tho 

+/- I kinda hate the 2 life rule in general cause they do it for your sake even though 1. I dont care about my sake 2. I dont like others making decisions on my behalf like some parent. 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

-Support

I’d rather someone use their two lives on something else than let them join research and not dedicate themself to it. If you want combat AND RP use your lives for that or join utility. A lot of people half-ass research when it’s only their second life, I’d rather it not be their third

Edited by Nydekore

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

+support.
The argument I hear against this is always "But if it's more then 2 lives people will overwhelm themselves!" and honestly I think that is a very childish way to look at things.
People playing on this server are not in kindergarden, they can manage their own time and dictate for themselves how many branches they are comfortable with being in.

• Like 4

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

1 minute ago, Phillers said:

+support.
The argument I hear against this is always "But if it's more then 2 lives people will overwhelm themselves!" and honestly I think that is a very childish way to look at things.
People playing on this server are not in kindergarden, they can manage their own time and dictate for themselves how many branches they are comfortable with being in.

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

13 hours ago, [GL] Bacon/Buck said:

2 COMBATANT life’s and a 3rd NON combatant life. 

I quite dislike how that's phrased. It would make it sound as if I'm not allowed in any of the other non-combatant branches if I'm in one of them. Because I've had a life taken by Medical and RnD at the same time, and quite enjoyed my time. 

I think a better phrasing is 1 combatant life, 1 non-combatant life, and 1 universal life (can be used on either).

If it was changed to something like that, I'd be all for it. 

If not, I'd rather stick with my two universal lives. 

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

12 hours ago, Sixx said:

+Support

2 hours ago, Phillers said:

+support.

This basically 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Phillers said:

+support.

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

3 hours ago, Phillers said:

+support.

I would like to join Nu7 for example and I would be able to have the time for that but since I have 2 lives rule I cant join even if I wanted to, this also means Im missing on what the server has to offer in those branches.

Edited by SnarledBison

2 hours ago, Right Twix Bar said:

I think a better phrasing is 1 combatant life, 1 non-combatant life, and 1 universal life (can be used on either).

Conditional +support if this is how it is done

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

4 hours ago, Phillers said:

+support.

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

-Support, Among other reasons, every branch has a way to be a combatant, so I feel like this could be abused to get into a branch's combatant side to just have another job to play on without being active in the main branch.

CI RnD Special Agent || Experienced Medic

Retired Security Lieutenant Colonel || The 3rd Head of Wardens

Retired Red Right Hand, Guardian Squadron, "Sierra 45"

14 minutes ago, Warmercarp said:

-Support, Among other reasons, every branch has a way to be a combatant, so I feel like this could be abused to get into a branch's combatant side to just have another job to play on without being active in the main branch.

Free From GL ❤️

9 hours ago, Phillers said:

+support.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

+Support.

IF this cannot be implemented, I propose an alternative. 2 1/2 lives. 2 lives you take past normal limits, and one life that you can get to the highest enlisted rank and no further. So say I was like, a 2lt in CI and a Foreman in maintenance. I could join E11 up to CPL without a life, but then use that one half life to go up to SM. I would never reach command in that life unless I took it from another branch, but for people who wanna try a larger variety and have the time to spare, let them. 

Besides, current limits mean you could technically be in every branch at once already, with your two lives being Nu-7 and CI Mil only, while you just stay at whatever rank you can elsewhere. I personally was in 4 + staff for a time, and managed to balance work and college with it, as well as an IRL social life. If people can handle the strain, let them take it. It's not like they are locked into contract, they can leave branches if they overwhelm themselves, and unless they do something stupid they can just get retrained. 

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

On 11/9/2021 at 9:46 PM, Sixx said:

+Support