A slight change to the 2 life rule - Denied

Its Buck

On 11/10/2021 at 3:43 PM, Nydekore said:

-Support

I’d rather someone use their two lives on something else than let them join research and not dedicate themself to it. If you want combat AND RP use your lives for that or join utility. A lot of people half-ass research when it’s only their second life, I’d rather it not be their third

Β 

-Support

Maintenance doesn't count as a life until you reach command.

Medical doesn't count as a life until you reach command.

Research doesn't count as a life until you reach AR.

There is no good reason to change the rule as it wouldn't change much (for Utility, I can't speak for Research). If the life limit was actually preventing people from playing Utility, then Utility would have a high number of people sitting at the rank previous to command since that's as far as you can go without it taking a life, this isn't the case.

Most people at the rank prior to command tend to apply for command.

Edited by mixtru
grammar

~ MM CSM Lo Wang β”‚ Ex Nova VCMDR Mixtru NT03 β”‚ Ex Lord VIII Mixtru

On 11/11/2021 at 4:52 AM, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

+Support.

IF this cannot be implemented, I propose an alternative. 2 1/2 lives. 2 lives you take past normal limits, and one life that you can get to the highest enlisted rank and no further. So say I was like, a 2lt in CI and a Foreman in maintenance. I could join E11 up to CPL without a life, but then use that one half life to go up to SM. I would never reach command in that life unless I took it from another branch, but for people who wanna try a larger variety and have the time to spare, let them.

^^^^^^^Β 

#RipRND you will be missed

Β 

• 2 weeks later...

-Support
I feel like changing this now is going to be more of an inconvenience. I think it's fine how it is right now personally, especially since some branches don't count as lives until a certain rank.

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐒𝐠𝐑 π‚π¨π¦π¦πšπ§π | π†πšπ¦π¦πš π‚π¨π¦π¦πšπ§π - π‚π‘πšπ¨π¬ 𝐋𝐭. π‚π¨π¦π¦πšπ§ππžπ«
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐚π₯𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐒𝐠𝐑 π‚π¨π¦π¦πšπ§π |Β π‚π¨π¦π¦πšπ§π π‘πžπ©π«πžπ¬πžπ§π­πšπ­π’π―πž β‚‹ π†π«πšπ§π π†πžπ§πžπ«πšπ₯

Going to get denied either way:
Β 

"Frequently Denied Suggestions

SCP 173 Skin Changes

Map Changes to a Completely Different Map

Adding In-Game Currency to the Donation Panel

Changes to the 2 RP Life Rule

Adding an entirely new branch

Addition of Neutral/Civilian Jobs/Branches"

7 hours ago, Other Colt said:

Going to get denied either way:
Β 

"Frequently Denied Suggestions

SCP 173 Skin Changes

Map Changes to a Completely Different Map

Adding In-Game Currency to the Donation Panel

Changes to the 2 RP Life Rule

Adding an entirely new branch

Addition of Neutral/Civilian Jobs/Branches"

Just because its frequently denied doesn't mean its not possible.