MOTD Update - CI callouts , Strip, Binds in general. - Denied

Grеg

What are you suggesting? - Ban binds like this the screenshots. I get that people like to have fun with their binds but this personally just kills RP for me and it does not make any sense for a MTF officer or Whatever else to be talking like this over a foundation radio.

How would this change better the server? - Would let people still have some fun with binds but wouldnt be too RP killing like these ones as well as being easier to read.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - some people would have to switch some binds up.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Anyone who uses binds.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

Screenshot 2021-09-16 220956.png

Screenshot 2021-09-18 143123.png

• Like 7
  • Dislike 4

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

-Support

I mean this is a semi-serious RP server. Also it really is not that hard to read. 

Could you also be more specific about what you are trying to ban? It looks to me like you are targeting a specific bind to me

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Furries are a war crime, we're a semi-serious RP server so the community in my opinion should be able to add comments their callouts but nothing questionable.

EDIT: looking at the post again, while I still believe binds shouldn't be overly strict I do agree with what other people have said about some adverts being inappropriate and/or disturbing, an advert that is just adding a comment is one thing but if it's something that you'd consider  inappropriate and/or disturbing it shouldn't be adverted.

Edited by Cloaker

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team

-support

nOwO

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Dislike 10

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

As utterly obnoxious as I find these binds, it's, as Island stated, up to the command of the individual branches to either allow or disallow these types of binds. And as good of a point as you make regarding it not making RP sense, it really does fall on to individual branches to handle this.

-Support for this being a server rule

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

- Support

While some of the binds can be UGHH they allow for some self expression and add both flair and uniqueness to that call out. At the end of the day we are here to have fun on a videogame and these personalised adverts do less harm than good.

May or May Not Be Real

-support, this is a semi serious roleplay server, and as Island stated, up to the command of the individual's branches to decide what binds to allow.

Current:

A new story rises from the ashes

Former:

MTF Nu-7 SFTO & 2LT | D5 PVT | CI PFC | Moderator

-support

this is game and I believe people should be allowed to have fun with it. 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

- Support

Semi-serious RP here, I understand that it might be disgusting for you and such but why not just ignore it?

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

-Support

It’s just some fun little jokes people like doing. The furry ones make me a little uncomfortable but as was said, that’s up to CMD of each branch. As long as they clearly define in brackets what the bind is actually for (i.e. [CYANIDE]) I think it should be fine. It adds a little spice to the game when you see a truly funny bind and I don’t think we should take that experience away from people. 

Overall, it’s semi serious RP, people should be able to get a laugh or two out of it, I don’t want to see that go away

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

-Support

I know that this is tacky but these binds are one way to show the server who we are and as many people said before "its a semi-serious RP server" we are meant to have fun over everything else

Retired E-11Captain Beepis 3R7H

"It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it"

-Benjamin Franklin

+Support

At the very least, start with the actual information needed to be conveyed then you can have your additions as wanted. Lets be honest, if we heard exactly those adverts over the radio, we'd be going for the turn off switch or not understand what's going on. We get "semi-serious" but at least make it semi-serious.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

+Support

At the very least, start with the actual information needed to be conveyed then you can have your additions as wanted. Lets be honest, if we heard exactly those adverts over the radio, we'd be going for the turn off switch or not understand what's going on. We get "semi-serious" but at least make it semi-serious.

What do you propose the punishment would be? Warning someone over saying "UwU eats white candy in mouth [CYANIDE]". 

Yeah no thanks I already got a strike for saying UwU before I dont need people getting on my ass about using it in an advert. 

• Like 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

9 minutes ago, Some Weeb said:

What do you propose the punishment would be? Warning someone over saying "UwU eats white candy in mouth [CYANIDE]". 

Yeah no thanks I already got a strike for saying UwU before I dont need people getting on my ass about using it in an advert. 

Max punishment would be invalidation of the advert. I wouldn't give warns or strikes for this. What you have there is okay. What's in the CI advert screenshot in the OP I would not consider valid. Again, you guys can keep your stuff just actually have the info in the advert proper. Not only in brackets.

• Like 2

+SUPPORT 

some binds are straight up cringe and disguising  

we know this is a semi-serious server but it doesn't mean you can't be serious at all cause its always those little thing that enhance the RP 

so i don't think using "this is a semi-serious server" is a good idea since you can be serious in some places and situations and not serious in others 

Best Regards From The Middle East

CI General

The Middle Eastern Prince 

The Last Oil Bender 

-support

Adverts is one area that I don't think should be majorly serious. As long as the brackets tell exactly what is going on imo it is fine. If you REALLY don't like it talk to their command about it. 

'Cause you can't feel my anger
You can't feel my pain
You can't feel my torment
Driving me insane

22 hours ago, Dang said:

+ support

- Its absolutely unnecessary to add these silly and disturbing comments in advertisement binds. Quite simply the rule should be if you don't use the correct info within the advert it wont be valid. 

I completely agree with dang, even though we are an semi serious rp server something like this shouldn't be tolerated. The picture shown in this suggestion shouldn't be allowed at all it's not even semi serious.

+Support

Edited by Alexxx

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

9 hours ago, Dang said:

+ support

- Its absolutely unnecessary to add these silly and disturbing comments in advertisement binds. Quite simply the rule should be if you don't use the correct info within the advert it wont be valid. 

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

+/Support

- I don't personally think these type of binds should be completely removed, It should just be a requirement that IN THE BIND it must state what is happening, or just stating the point of the begining, e.g having CI Raid or Cyanide in the main text, not just in brackets at the end.

removed ci general toaster

Ad-468x90-removebg-preview.png.8e07acf530dac2bf477e3a66beb599ba.png

-Support

I personally understand your concerns and opinion whole heartedly but sadly, Gaminglight SCPRP is a Semi Serious Environment, Sure they may be fun, and some may be cringe, but the fact its semi serious still has to be upheld, Sure some may be cringe like the binds you put as proof, I have seen silliness in other binds and other experiences, To limit the binds and how they should alert foundation personnel can make it too serious that others may not like. 

However these binds albeit very silly are cringe as well and can put off a serious player, its more or less a fine balance between the two and I partially agree with you on this however. It still needs to be made known that SCPRP Gaminglight is Semi Serious, No matter what branch.

Including adverts can be creative, its like an actual advertisement, so Long as it gets the point across like "[SOS] I'm being captured" Players should have their free will to go wild with them so long as they remain within GamingLight's own Terms of Service. Being Non Racist, Non Homophobic, and Non Playertargeting. 

Including many players already have their binds already easy to read being. "[F] ######## [CI/GOI]" So long as you simply look at the tags. Including alot of players have grown to notice which is what between each other.

Former Nu7 Second Lieutenant Nanafrost / Nu7  SM Nanafrost
Experienced Medic WinterFrost

Former RRH Engineer Foxtrot 69