MOTD Update - Puppy guarding - Denied

Chief_

What are you suggesting? - A Edit to Rule 6 of the Class Specific Rules - All Players Section

"Players are not allowed to “puppy guard” spawn areas. This includes waiting at SCP Containment Cells during their breach attempts unless called out in RP."

To

"Players are not allowed to “puppy guard” spawn areas. This includes waiting at SCP Containment Cells during their breach attempts unless called out in RP."

"- Maintenance personnel are not allowed to wait inside of a containment chamber after failing a roll. They must leave the area for 5 minutes."

How would this change better the server? - It would be better for SCP's when trying to breach so they 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - That Maintenance will have to walk back. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - SCP's

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

The reason why I am suggesting this is because maintenance shouldn't just be sitting 24/7 in a cell waiting for a scp to self breach. Then the rule about puppy guarding places which includes SCP containment chambers unless they are called out is Kandloff useless. As Maintenance just call out that a SCP is breaching/has breached if they just wait inside of the containment chamber the entire time. 

All this is going to do is make it so that scp's have a better chance of escaping. Forcing maintenance to check up on other things/do other things while they are waiting for their 5 minute timer to end. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

+SUPPORT

Yeah, sounds kinda scummy to be honest to just wait 5 minutes, call staff, and ruin player's fun for the SCPs. I've done it before and I've also experience it. But I actually never thought about bringing it up in the forums.

david-goggins-lifting.gif

1 hour ago, Chief_ said:

They must leave the area for 5 minutes."

that would prove annoying for maintenance, also the maintenance can't harm the SCP if it gets out anyway. 
Also its not needed tbh the only reason why I would support this in anyway is if FE or CE were forced to go.
also you can just wait outside.

-/+ support just for MTF 

If this were put in place, it would contradict a rule under Roll Guidelines/RP Rules 

1085339194_Screenshot2021-07-14133957.thumb.png.d29826f3c54a81266e3c5be31955c824.png

I don't particularly have a large bias for or against this, just pointing out a contradiction. 

Edited by Right Twix Bar

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

8 hours ago, Shin said:

+SUPPORT

Yeah, sounds kinda scummy to be honest to just wait 5 minutes, call staff, and ruin player's fun for the SCPs. I've done it before and I've also experience it. But I actually never thought about bringing it up in the forums.

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

5 hours ago, Right Twix Bar said:

If this were put in place, it would contradict a rule under Roll Guidelines/RP Rules 

1085339194_Screenshot2021-07-14133957.thumb.png.d29826f3c54a81266e3c5be31955c824.png

I don't particularly have a large bias for or against this, just pointing out a contradiction. 

Chief, probably edit your post to include this too?

+Support

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

I'm not against this idea, but technically they are supposed to stay in the area. In the roll guidelines it states "Foundation personnel attempting to fix a containment cell that fail the first roll must remain at that location for the entire five minutes to be able to reattempt the fix." Now, this is hardly ever enforced and I'm totally fine with this being removed all together, just adding this in so that MOTD doesn't conflict with itself.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

Obviously the contradiction above has to be fixed if accepted.

My input from a Utility perspective. The 5 minutes is meant to used to do RP preparation for the next roll. If no other breaches or events are happening, their current position would be the focus. As already mentioned, the rule is hardly enforced cause it doesn't make sense to be enforced. Movement to other calls should be happening if such calls are available.

Also, if rolls fail enough (as rigged as they are lmao), there shouldn't be a reason personnel stays longer putting themselves in danger.

The rule clarification on puppy guarding is still +Support

Just not convinced on the Maintenance part especially if they are alone on fixes.

- Support 

TBH I don't see a reason on why maintenance would have to leave the cell and come back if the SCP is in the cell self breaching, if they had to leave and come back 5 min later or sit there wouldn't affect the outcome since the rolls would still be 5 min apart. Another reason I think it wouldn't really make sense is that when someone goes to fix a SCP cell when its broken why would they just leave the broken cell if they failed to fix it, especially when a SCP is on a NLR and would get out again why would we just leave it and let it escape to just cause more damage that we are trying to stop.

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

18 hours ago, Right Twix Bar said:

I was actually going to point this out as well. This rule is written in so that people can't just run around to different doors and spam fix stuff. They would have to in RP actually take the time to "work" on it longer to try to fix it.

• Like 1

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

3 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

I was actually going to point this out as well. This rule is written in so that people can't just run around to different doors and spam fix stuff. They would have to in RP actually take the time to "work" on it longer to try to fix it.

Oh I didn't notice this rule. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

Yeah not to sure about this, I understand that having the maintenance sit in the containment results in the SCP being instantly called out when breached, while on the other hand the maintenance in RP is trying to fix the containment so that's understandable. Honestly you would need to come up with a whole new system or rule set if you wanted to get around this issue. 

I wasnt even aware that this WASN'T already a rule. On maintenance we usually pack up and go to be fair to the SCPs. I see it in rp as you attempt to fixed damaged stuff but possibly get hurt or make it go to a state that is irreparable for a little bit, sparking wires, crushing gears, so on. Going to go fix something else in the meantime due to hazardous conditions on the previous fix is just logical, especially with scps like 610 where accidents like that could result in contaimination. 

+support

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

On 7/15/2021 at 10:44 AM, Rookieblue said:

This makes sense, as basically this rule can be a double edged sword. Either we tell maintenance to stay in one spot to prevent them from going somewhere else and trying to stop self breach, or we force them to leave thus making them go to other self breach, I think our current rule is more beneficially to the MOST amount of people, but sometimes you might get the short end of the stick.

big cat running GIF