Remove Medkits and all of the medical supplies from the Armory - Denied

Bread

What are you suggesting? - Remove Medkits and all of the medical supplies from the Armory.

How would this change better the server? - Would encourage more use of medical-based classes/classes that already spawn with healing items.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - No.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Medical, any job with a medkit and can spawn med supplies.

• Like 1

lol, lmao even

7 minutes ago, pixalgamer99 said:

+/- support while yes it would be amazing too have people come too medbay and not just use a medkit but D class

There are D-class jobs that spawn with medkits.  Although they wouldn't be able to spawn supplies, they do not take priority over other branches.

lol, lmao even

7 minutes ago, MaryAteHerLamb said:

-Support
There are many times where no medics/medic classes are on. Plus, if you just removed then classes with med kits would not be able to buy more supplies

Why do you think theyre inactive?

lol, lmao even

+Support

Meh. Would give Medical more stuff to do.

1 hour ago, MaryAteHerLamb said:

-Support
There are many times where no medics/medic classes are on. Plus, if you just removed then classes with med kits would not be able to buy more supplies

Also, all Medical jobs and (maybe) the MTF medic jobs can spawn supplies.

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

2 hours ago, MaryAteHerLamb said:

-Support

Make's buying Medkits on CCs useless, E11 Doesn't have medics, Medic's aren't always on. People need this and it's used to often to remove it.

-Support

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

-Support

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

23 minutes ago, Bread said:

Medical and Medic classes are rarely used because they are essentially useless. This would force people to use them more, and the jobs would be immensely more active. If you buy a medkit on a CC (other than D-Class), you can have a medic class spawn in medical supplies for you, since they would be more active.

Not everyone can buy a CC and not everyone wants to be medical. Not everyone has the money to be able to do that. And if it was dead hours, no one would be able to buy supplies Bc CI/D class would just keep killing the medics/CCs

Free From GL ❤️

+/- Support

While yes, this might make medical more active and benefit them, often times there arent many medics on and with those medical supplies in armory when theres no medic online would potentially lead to more Security dying more often due to the lack of healing. In the end though if this could help medical as an entire branch I dont see why not as the RP of an entire branch is very important. 

Edited by Sixx

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support

D Class CI  & CC's should be thought of in regards to healing.

Heavy -Support

D class CCs and CI also need a lot of meds to stay alive in raids making it not very reliable to implement. 
Now to address the foundation part, 
Medical aren’t online most of the time and some combat branches do not have a medical class thus making it even harder to heal. Even if there is medical on, getting healed/get surgery done on is time consuming as the combat would have a. Ended or b. You die

Not to mention this is also gonna make d class and GOIs target the medics even more making it even more difficult than it already is for them to do their RP. 
I understand you wanna increase medical RP but this will drastically change the combat styles, branch structure, d class, CI raids and affect branches without medical classes. 
I don’t mean to sound rude but I’m not one for changing up the entire combat structure/negatively affect combat of the server to increase the RP of one branch. 
The negatives heavily outweigh the positives on this for me. 

• Like 1

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

+Support, with the condition that E-11 gets a Medic Job, and that all current branch jobs that are "medical" (So no SF/Officers) get the ability to spawn in medical supplies, asfar as they don't have it yet.

Edited by Phillers
Changed medkits to medical supplies

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

1 hour ago, [GL] Zeus said:

Heavy -Support

D class CCs and CI also need a lot of meds to stay alive in raids making it not very reliable to implement. 
Now to address the foundation part, 
Medical aren’t online most of the time and some combat branches do not have a medical class thus making it even harder to heal. Even if there is medical on, getting healed/get surgery done on is time consuming as the combat would have a. Ended or b. You die

Not to mention this is also gonna make d class and GOIs target the medics even more making it even more difficult than it already is for them to do their RP. 
I understand you wanna increase medical RP but this will drastically change the combat styles, branch structure, d class, CI raids and affect branches without medical classes. 
I don’t mean to sound rude but I’m not one for changing up the entire combat structure/negatively affect combat of the server to increase the RP of one branch. 
The negatives heavily outweigh the positives on this for me. 

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

-support

CI sawbones inactive . . .

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Sixx said:

+/- Support

While yes, this might make medical more active and benefit them, often times there arent many medics on and with those medical supplies in armory when theres no medic one would potentially lead to more Security dying more often due to the lack of healing. In the end though if this could help medical as an entire branch I dont see why not ass the RP of an entire branch is very important. 

Couldn't have said it better.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

5 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

It's that kind of thinking is why medical is inactive, sorry if this feels rude or anything just about to speak facts. When you ENTIRE branch is centered around other people getting hurt and going to you for heals AND THOSE PEOPLE IGNORE YOU AND DON'T EVEN NOTICE YOUR THEIR, is the reason why medical is inactive majority of the time. People still go to 999 and BEG him to heal them because they don't want to go to medical or don't want to spend some money on heals. This is the EXACT reason why it is. If this gets implemented then it will actually give people a reason to get on, because right now people half the time don't even know who or what medics are. They just think we are a waste of space. Just because you don't want to take the LITTLE time it takes to get surgery done doesn't mean you can flat out IGNORE an entire branch. This is why this should be implemented. There is NO excuse to ignore a branch just so you can save a few seconds. Also not to mention a LOT of the time it's defcon 4 or 5 and people STILL ignore us. They get so used to buying supplies from armory they don't even think about going to medbay, where an entire branch again can heal them for free and such. As for CI sawbones again this will give incentive for them to GET ON and heal. So yes this should be implemented, as this just hurts more than it helps.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+Support

Medical is my only life, and yet I can't even count the amount of times I sit in medbay with jackshit to do because nobody wants healing. I've heard plenty of people complain about the surgery time and joke how it'd be easier to take a bullet then to get surgery. 

Medical is inactive because there is noone to heal and we have plenty of time to ourselves. If this rule is accepted then we will be given more time with others and being able to heal them. 

And at the end of the day, medical is STILL killed by CI and D-Class, even if we aren't doing anything. We may die more but if we get more medical, we'll have more ACM's ie our combat class that can protect us. And enemy combat classes can still fearRP medical into giving them healing, so while CI and D-class can spawn with medkits still, they can still get medical to heal them. 

A way I can see a compromise for this rule would be to have it where the armory can ONLY spawn medkits, so you have a limited amount of healing. 

If this is put in place and medical will have more people coming in, then we'd have more people wanting to stay because there is an influx of people to actually come in and heal.