General Suggestion - Economy Rebalance and Reset - Accepted

Soureadiet

What are you suggesting? - Reset the economy, remove or worsen the gambling payouts, improve currency payout from jobs and add new ways to make money. Another option is to increase mining capacity so that people will spend more time earning their money. People that have a large sum of money just gamble it continuously and make even more money.

How would this change better the server? - It could balance the server's economy, and make money more valuable. Currently, the only people with money are the people who have money. Additionally, it will make the disguises more rare, and more valuable. Currently, people with millions of dollars just spin the wheel until they get the disguise they want, even if they get an alternate disguise. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - The people that have almost 50 million dollars will be brought in-line with everyone else.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Players that aren't already filthy rich. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

BIG -SUPPORT

I agree people have lots of money on the server I my self have 1.4mil but we've had a economy reset before and it just sucked. It pissed of a lot of people and people lost their hard earned cash from gambling. Gambling is fine as is. Nerfing gambling would just make it useless. If you're just jealous of people having more money than you just AFK. It's that simple.

Economy reset = Bad

687515010_Screenshot2021-05-12013101.png.d685e9dcb10c05e7081de12f3296b980.png

12 minutes ago, DooM Guy said:

BIG -SUPPORT

I agree people have lots of money on the server I my self have 1.4mil but we've had a economy reset before and it just sucked. It pissed of a lot of people and people lost their hard earned cash from gambling. Gambling is fine as is. Nerfing gambling would just make it useless. If you're just jealous of people having more money than you just AFK. It's that simple.

Economy reset = Bad

Free From GL ❤️

25 minutes ago, Igneous said:

everyone gonna hate on this because they dont want to lose their money lol, they don't care whether or not its actually good for the server or not 🤦‍♂️

I agree.

7 minutes ago, Propane said:

+support

People can just get as many disguises as they want 

Yep. That's kind of a problem.

49 minutes ago, DooM Guy said:

BIG -SUPPORT

Economy reset = Bad

If we reset it again it will piss off more people so just no.

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

-support unless gambling is removed with it

That seems to be the problem here, no?

Anyway, those people spent time collecting that money, just because you're mad because you have less than them doesn't make it fair to nullify their effort

Also would probably remove an incentive to AFK overnight if econ just gon get reset every month lmao

TCM Jack CI Heinz / J03 Italian Mob Boss Zepelli 😳Former CI Research Administrator Heinz - Not [REDACTED] Researcher   

10 minutes ago, [GL] Jack I the One & Only said:

-support unless gambling is removed with it

That seems to be the problem here, no?

Anyway, those people spent time collecting that money, just because you're mad because you have less than them doesn't make it fair to nullify their effort

Also would probably remove an incentive to AFK overnight if econ just gon get reset every month lmao

Not necessarily, the main incentive is XP so players can access higher level jobs.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

43 minutes ago, [GL] Jack I the One & Only said:

Most people spent like a few hours and have multi millions. That is not "Effort". The reason its so inflated is not because people worked hard for it, it's because gambling wasn't balanced properly.  This is not a valid argument. 

big cat running GIF

-support 

Some people go afk on cc’s to make money. To be stripped for grinding that money overnight is wrong.

ET member here. I use money as incentives to get people to join my event. 

More money I hold the more events I can do for people who want some free cash in game.

Gambling is how I make money for events.

1 hour ago, Igneous said:

everyone gonna hate on this because they dont want to lose their money lol, they don't care whether or not its actually good for the server or not 🤦‍♂️

Support+ To be honest i agree on igenous 2 weeks ago having 300k was considered m rich now having 5mil is considered poor people made up to 30mil+ in 3 days or less what effort are people talking about  think about the server and the new players not just about yourself and that you have money think in a mature way people work hard and keep their PCs up for days (which is not good for the computer health) just to grind up a few  but now spin a wheel 800k spin 800k spin 800k?! ?!?!?  i gave someone 100k 15 minutes later he came up to me with a 3,2mil now god knows how many he has 

Edited by Tweety

38 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

Not necessarily, the main incentive is XP so players can access higher level jobs.

-support 

Now this is true for most of the lower levels, but basically anyone that is above level 65 would have no reason to afk except for money, but they continue to do it.

Personally, I think the gambling was broken at the start, and was way too op, but it has been balanced quite a bit now to my knowledge. 

While the economy is very broken right now with some people sitting at 50 millions with putting in low effort, An economy reset would  piss the people who afked every night off, make people want to afk less if resets were commonplace. 

If you needed to nerf something to stop disguises, you could just significantly nerf the pull rate on the wheel for it.

• Like 1

MTF E11 VCMDR Mateo C0RN

26 minutes ago, Sammie said:

-support 

Some people go afk on cc’s to make money. To be stripped for grinding that money overnight is wrong.

ET member here. I use money as incentives to get people to join my event. 

More money I hold the more events I can do for people who want some free cash in game.

Gambling is how I make money for events.

Eh tbh for events i feel like JMT/SMT shou spawn the money for you guys for your event  instead of using your own money unless its person made event like a D-Class wants to giveaway his money in an event

Im in a kind of mixed boat here, personally I DONT gamble, I get my moneh from afking on the server or other means, I don't wanna lose my 1 mil just willy nilly BUT I understand the frustration of people having like 30 mil or something so

+/- support

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

For those that got their money from AFKing and other means, you guys should realize that people getting millions upon millions in a very short period of time basically invalidates all of the time you spent because they have so much more money than you for doing far less. The value of money goes down the toilet. So there's no reason for people to AFK.

big cat running GIF

+Support, the mass inflation we currently have is ridiculous.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

16 minutes ago, Phillers said:

yeah, someone has like 50 mill.  Other than the wheels the gambling is fine I think

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

21 minutes ago, Phillers said:

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

-/+ mixed support on this

Im finally a command member withen Nu7 an this money i have is so when i create PTS i can give out money bonus's to them for a job well done 

You can just make the jackpot extremly rare or the payout even less so people cant grind for it 

Aswell just lower the chance on getting a CI or MTF or security disguise if its that much of an issue which me being in MTF is an issue since 

i see more CI an class D mains just AFK for hours or gamble for hours for it

Edited by Surge

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine