Buff the Skull Staffs Damage - Denied

[GL] Mike

What are you suggesting? - Buff the Skull Staffs Damage to 65 or 70

How would this change better the server? - It makes a limited edition collectible item the equivalent to the previous ones and equal to the always available CSGO Knives, or Golf Club. I've heard a lot of people say its not worth the purchase and after using it I can tell it needs to do a little bit more damage. (60 is it's current damage i'm only suggesting a 5 or 10 Damage increase) As of now im using the golf club for more combat purpose and the staff for looks instead of actual combat.

Golf Club current damage - 75
Hammer Damage - 80
Scythe - 75
CSGO Knives - 80 Front, 110 Backstab
Pan - 75 (I think)

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - It would make securities job a little bit harder but other than that not much.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Anyone who owns it.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by [GL] Mike

10 minutes ago, Dect said:

+support
This should be a no brainer

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

-Support

It has amazing hitreg and is pretty fast. It is only 18 dollars Bro, it isnt meant to be better than the golfclub or any other donor weapons. It in no way needs a buff. You got what your money was for, you knew how good it would be. I bought the X-mas hammer and now it does over 70 damage less than what I PAID FOR.  You knew what you were getting, and I assume SMT didn't want to make another really good Collectible. Collectibles are for server support, combat is a small bonus. Also who the hell told you the csgo knives do 80 on a front stab lmao. I don't think that is correct whatsoever. Also a LITTLE HARDER. ARE YOU HIGHHHHHHH. Do you know what it was like when knives were first released before the nerf? Jessssus man, we don't need any more OP as hell cheap weapons on the server. I think SMT were being very intelligent when giving this weapon its damage.

Edited by APE
  • Like 2

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

+Support

It might have good hit reg standing still, but while moving it doesn’t do much. It’s a good melee but not very good combat wise compared to some other melees.

I would appreciate if this got buffed.

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

2 hours ago, APE said:

-Support

It has amazing hitreg and is pretty fast. It is only 18 dollars Bro, it isnt meant to be better than the golfclub or any other donor weapons. It in no way needs a buff. You got what your money was for, you knew how good it would be. I bought the X-mas hammer and now it does over 70 damage less than what I PAID FOR.  You knew what you were getting, and I assume SMT didn't want to make another really good Collectible. Collectibles are for server support, combat is a small bonus. Also who the hell told you the csgo knives do 80 on a front stab lmao. I don't think that is correct whatsoever. Also a LITTLE HARDER. ARE YOU HIGHHHHHHH. Do you know what it was like when knives were first released before the nerf? Jessssus man, we don't need any more OP as hell cheap weapons on the server. I think SMT were being very intelligent when giving this weapon its damage.

Also, Hammer takes a second to swing while this is instant 
-support

lmfao the staff is a joke 

+support 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

-support 

Does extremes amount of damage for a low price, Amazing hit reg, an fast as hell doesnt need a buff 

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

4 hours ago, APE said:

-Support

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

+/- Support (leaning towards +)

As a member of security and a owner of one of these weapons, I have a biased review. From what I have seen, the Skull Staff is a medium damage weapon with fast hit speed. The same can be said about the knife although I don’t think it should. On one hand I would love for the Staff to be buffed. These limited time weapons should be better than those you can purchase year round. Then again I don’t want it to be too strong. This buff seems fair enough.

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

10 hours ago, APE said:

-Support

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

Reasons why it shouldn't be buffed:
1: HitReg   Legit the hitreg is so good i remember dying thought a door thats how good it is
2: Its only 18  Normally really good weapons would be sold for way more i think thats why its not as good as the scythe
3: Already 2 op Legit I got killed by 2 class d with it with only 5-6 hits its 2 good to the point where it can kill a sf in 6 hits thats already 2 good 

-Support

Current: ------
Former: Nu7 1lt/WO SFTOx2 ECRS Hammer and Sickle Unit   l Gensec SGT l E11 CPL/Ranger l Alpha-1 MSGT l  
kawaii cute anime GIF

12 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

+Support

It might have good hit reg standing still, but while moving it doesn’t do much. It’s a good melee but not very good combat wise compared to some other melees.

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

14 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

+Support

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

Neutral Support

The Staff is annoying as hell to deal with, the same can be said for literally any other melee weapon. And chances are, if someone buys this, they already have knives or better combat weapons to use then the staff. A melee weapon is always going to be a pain in thw ass to deal with, but the collectible item, while is meant for collecting, should at least be on par with previous weapons. 

I think a small damage increase is fair, I just hate how painful the staff is. So I'll be neutral on it

18 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

+Support

Honestly I would like to see A buff on the staff because honestly in my opinion it sucks A little damage boost Wouldn’t really hurt that bad  

-Support

This is a general problem with donor weapons it seems, a $15 weapon could be buffed to the point where its better than a $30 weapon, or a $30 weapon could be nerfed into the ground, making it not worth what you paid. The people, including me a couple times in the past, all seem to expect every weapon, no matter its price point to be the next meta. We've seen this with the Scythe, the Fubar, the X-Mas Hammer, the CSGO knives, all which generally get nerfed into the ground then buffed to a decently good weapon. 

I completely agree with APE, not every weapon needs to be better than the current, more expensive ones. Especially Limited items, they aren't meant for combat, they are made as a Flex. However, as I just mentioned, unfortunately as the past has shown us, the price means nothing and usually the cheaper weapons become better than the more expensive ones because of demand.

On 10/28/2020 at 10:17 PM, APE said:

It is only 18 dollars Bro, it isnt meant to be better than the golfclub or any other donor weapons.

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

I mean its for 18$ its more of a collectable how do you expect a 18$ weapon to be wayy  stronger then a 10$ weapon? golf club is expensive maybe thats why it has all the damage  i feel like its good as its

Edited by Tweety