girlboy's Ban Appeal

girlboy

Steam Name: girlboy

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:447986037

Ingame Name: girlboy

Ban Length: 1 week

Admin that Banned you: Zeus

Reason for Ban: Using an autoclicker for mining.

Dispute: I'm assuming there must be some taboo about using autoclickers. I'm aware in the MOTD it says that third party programs are prohibited, but I thought that referred to more abusive programs such as hacks and cheats that completely destroy the experience for other players (aimbotting, scripts, walls, etc.). Autoclickers are more insignificant programs as they are simply used for AFK-ing. If a punishment is warranted for my ignorance, then I'm all for it, and I'm not one for arguing with staff because they're upholding the integrity of the server. However, I do not believe afk mining calls for a week ban. I believe Zeus could've just warned me, and then I learn my lesson, no more autoclicker, good to know. But to ban me for a week? That seems a tad bit extreme. I've looked through the forums and can't find anything about autoclickers besides a post from 2016 where a manager quotes and plus +supports a reply that mentions the use of an autoclicker.
If I'm in the wrong then I'm wrong, but this is pretty small-scale, and I feel a warn would've sufficed if autoclickers are really that bad.

Edited by girlboy

+ support

The only time auto-clickers we’re used before mining is for melee weapons, so rules around them are loose. However auto clickers are third party and that’s the punishment for it. My point is that the third party rule is more tuned for harsher things like aim bot or such, and not something small like auto clickers. I think you should get a warning instead 

Edited by Stage

Current

| Vice Sovereign Kir Kanos |
Former

| Shadow Guard VII Stage (2020) || Shadow Guard Lead Ren Blackstar (2023-2024)|

9 minutes ago, Stage said:

+ support

The only time auto-clickers we’re used before mining is for melee weapons, so rules around them are loose. However auto clickers are third party and that’s the punishment for it. My point is that the third party rule is more tuned for harsher things like aim bot or such, and not something small like auto clickers. I think you should get a warning instead 

didn't realize they were outlawed at all, and honestly don't think they should be. also melees have an inherent downtime between swipes so how does that even work

I dont understand why you got banned for a week, it could have been a day just so you know and understand why not.

I could be wrong in a way but thats just my opinion

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

-support

You used a third party software to give yourself a unfair advantage. Autoclickers are prohibited from the server and you should know that since you have 4-5 weeks on.

Retired MTF Nu7 LTCOL| Retired Nu7 HFTO | Retired OH1 |  Retired Admin | French Canadian Man
Custom Classes: Raptor Team Jeff the killer

-support
The reasons to why external programs are banned is for the unfair advantage it poses. Not only does an auto clicker follow the guidelines as being an external program it gives you a boat load of money for virtually doing nothing but being AFK. The reason to why anomalous ore was put under the water in the first place was for auto clickers to no be used. 
I feel like this should have been self explanatory but I guess it isn't.
You have more than 5 weeks on the server and I would have expected you to know that Autoclickers (being an external program) are prohibited and will result in a punishment for going against the MOTD.

Former Security 2LT | Former EWD|  Former OM5|Former Medical SM|Former Reznov Klushkie| Former SCP-RP Senior Moderator

5 minutes ago, Dect said:

-support
The reasons to why external programs are banned is for the unfair advantage it poses. Not only does an auto clicker follow the guidelines as being an external program it gives you a boat load of money for virtually doing nothing but being AFK. The reason to why anomalous ore was put under the water in the first place was for auto clickers to no be used. 
I feel like this should have been self explanatory but I guess it isn't.
You have more than 5 weeks on the server and I would have expected you to know that Autoclickers (being an external program) are prohibited and will result in a punishment for going against the MOTD.

I really didn't though, unfortunately. Also mining has an inventory cap at 30, so you can't actually farm money from it, I just like seeing the XP go up. And even if you could, money isn't particularly important in the server since everything is relatively cheap. There are no obvious advantages to having a lot of money in the server (seriously the most expensive item in the armory is $10k, which I make tenfold from AFK-ing on my CC every night.) If I wanted money, I'd AFK on my CC or just gamble. 

(+Support)

For using an auto clicker, a 1 week ban is to much of a punishment IMO. If he were to be using a Script or Walls sure the 1 week ban would've been justifiable (more or less). Besides he didn't cause any harm for using an auto-clicker if anything he should've been warned.

Furthermore, even I didn't know that auto-clickers are not permitted as I don't count it as it being "unfair advantage" and I have 7 weeks on the server.

This is actually news to me.

~Love, Tania

"Osu! Fucking Pro"

1 hour ago, Oxteru said:

(+Support)

For using an auto clicker, a 1 week ban is to much of a punishment IMO. If he were to be using a Script or Walls sure the 1 week ban would've been justifiable (more or less). Besides he didn't cause any harm for using an auto-clicker if anything he should've been warned.

Furthermore, even I didn't know that auto-clickers are not permitted as I don't count it as it being "unfair advantage" and I have 7 weeks on the server.

This is actually news to me.

~Love, Tania

as well as me in fact I was told auto clicker's WERE aloud so this is weird and 1 week come on 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

The use of autoclickers is kinda shaky, in some situations they are violating the MOTD (Using them to get out of cuffs, shoot faster, etc.) but in the situation you were in I do not think it was used to gain an unfair advantage. AFK'ing while mining doesn't give you to much of an advantage due to inventory caps and you mine at the same speed as someone just spamming M1.

So that's a +Support for me

It would also be nice to get clarification from SMT about whether Autoclickers are allowed for things like this or not.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate
  • Gaminglight Love 1

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

2 hours ago, General bacon said:

-support

You used a third party software to give yourself a unfair advantage. Autoclickers are prohibited from the server and you should know that since you have 4-5 weeks on.

14 minutes ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

The use of autoclickers is kinda shaky, in some situations they are violating the MOTD (Using them to get out of cuffs, shoot faster, etc.) but in the situation you were in I do not think it was used to gain an unfair advantage. AFK'ing while mining doesn't give you to much of an advantage due to inventory caps and you mine at the same speed as someone just spamming M1.

It would also be nice to get clarification from SMT about whether Autoclickers are allowed for things like this or not.

+/- Support

I see nothing wrong with it, but rules are rules.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

1 hour ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

Edited by Rektify

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

6 hours ago, General bacon said:

-support

I made sure to consult with Rookieblue and issued the ban. This was brought to my attention only when a Sarkic tried to cuff you and you instantly broke out of cuffs. 
-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

6 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

I made sure to consult with Rookieblue and issued the ban. This was brought to my attention only when a Sarkic tried to cuff you and you instantly broke out of cuffs. 
-Support

Aren't cuffs notorious on the server for being weird and buggy? Some cuffs are impossible to escape whilst others are really easy?  There's really nothing I can say to make this specific claim less suspicious considering we're talking about autoclickers, but I just spammed enter and left click at the same time. After spending so much money on the server, I really wouldn't the abuse of an autoclicker like that at the risk of, well what's already happening right now.

-support

While I don't think autoclicker is too bad, you were also talking about grooming underage kids in ooc during off hours and shit.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

9 hours ago, General bacon said:

-support

6 hours ago, Rangiatea said:

*No*

Thing below is something you should report 

1 hour ago, Loaff said:

-support

While I don't think autoclicker is too bad, you were also talking about grooming underage kids in ooc during off hours and shit.

4 minutes ago, Propane said:

Thing below is something you should report 

I don't have any screenshots as proof though.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

4 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support

-Support

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

+Support

This wasn't giving people a "Unfair advantage" it was simply just using a auto clicker to mine. That's pretty much the same as AFK for money. At most he should've gotten a warn. Might as well start banning AFK D-Class for wanting to get cash. 

WHOA, he's trying to get some Iron while he's AFK. Give this man the death sentence, you will be punished for treason.

687515010_Screenshot2021-05-12013101.png.d685e9dcb10c05e7081de12f3296b980.png

47 minutes ago, DooM Guy said:

WHOA, he's trying to get some Iron while he's AFK. Give this man the death sentence, you will be punished for treason.

That’s true, but he violated the rules and we have to be consistent on these rules particularly since it’s a slippery slope. Imagine if it were MRDM, say he killed 9 d-bois who were all AFK, would their status as AFK mean that he can’t be punished for RDM?