Remove a certain RC rule from 096 - Accepted

Squash

What are you suggesting? - Removing the rule to RC 096 which is "walk behind him and bag him"

How would this change better the server? - It would make it so 096's cant abuse this, I remember a 096 using this rule against me and I was cool about it, but he kept looking at me and not showing his back at all to me which made it impossible to bag him, in lore 096 would not pay attention to anybody, hes blind. I understand that some people just completely ignore this rule, but when it comes to someone know the rule and abusing it, then I find that very frustrating.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - I don't see a disadvantage

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Mostly Foundation Personnel & CI. Make it easier for MTF to RC 096 & easier for CI to capture him. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - None

Photo of Rule below

A0985.PNG

• Like 1

Foundation Archivist | Operations Supervisor | SCP-RP Senior Admin Forums Diplomat | Support 1 |

+Support

I had some 096’s who’d look at me when I try to bag them, making it really difficult to bag them from behind. Maybe a rule saying when someone is going to bag 096, he has to sit down (hold CRTL)

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

||Omi9|| E11 PFC || CI RND Researcher ||

18 minutes ago, Propane said:

-support

Jusy look down/at a wall

Not the problem here i believe, its that if you are nitpicky about the rule 096 cannot be contained if you are not directly behind him.

+Support for a slight rewrite to just get rid of the "behind" part, but keep the bagging ofcourse.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

2 minutes ago, CinaedeInvictus said:

-support 

If the bagging method of recontaining 096 was removed then it would be too easy for 096 to be recontained.

That ship has been sailed.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+support

Recently ive seen a few 096s doing this where they just flip around to look at the people so they cant be RCd

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

On 10/9/2020 at 6:58 AM, Phillers said:

Not the problem here i believe, its that if you are nitpicky about the rule 096 cannot be contained if you are not directly behind him.

+Support for a slight rewrite to just get rid of the "behind" part, but keep the bagging ofcourse.

Former Security 2LT | Former EWD|  Former OM5|Former Medical SM|Former Reznov Klushkie| Former SCP-RP Senior Moderator

On 10/10/2020 at 11:17 AM, Kumandant said:

+Support

The “walk behind him” rule has been subject as a disgusting example of certain people twisting the rules words to gain an unfair advantage, and to get people who try to bag them in trouble.

Gensec LTCOL | Deputy Head Warden S.T.A.R.S. Michael Jones Enthusiast

do you are have stupid?                                   goodjob.PNG.9c25ffc1a65cd99790254177add16546.PNG

On 10/9/2020 at 3:58 AM, Phillers said:

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

+Support

- Throughout my time there have been some 096's that jsut go into a corner and has it back facing it. Making it not possible to recontain them. 

On 10/9/2020 at 11:13 AM, CinaedeInvictus said:

-support 

If the bagging method of recontaining 096 was removed then it would be too easy for 096 to be recontained.

Also, They have to roll to bag him so its not really changing much. It could be that he gets a +10 on rolling to balance it out. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

-support 096 is already EXTREAMLY easy to recontain idk why even make it even more easy its like saying make it only 1 gun to recontain 049  096 only has that plan to help him also it never works if you just look at the floor and walk towards him which you should be doing  anyway there is no reason for you to walk towards him facing his face anyway even if his looking the other way i think he can sense it lore wise because if someone looks at his picture he enrage or anything releated to it he enrages without even knowing they looked at his face i think he has an ability to sense it or something if 096 cant turn back or walk backwards  you can easily easily counter it

Edited by Tweety

10 hours ago, Tweety said:

-support 096 is already EXTREAMLY easy to recontain idk why even make it even more easy its like saying make it only 1 gun to recontain 049  096 only has that plan to help him also it never works if you just look at the floor and walk towards him which you should be doing  anyway there is no reason for you to walk towards him facing his face anyway even if his looking the other way i think he can sense it lore wise because if someone looks at his picture he enrage or anything related to it he enrages without even knowing they looked at his face i think he has an ability to sense it or something if 096 cant turn back or walk backwards  you can easily easily counter it

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

How about you make it 1 person to recontain 173 and 1 gun to recontain 049  ? you might as well make 682 tranqable at 5500 maybe nerf 966 to 200 hp? oh make it that 939 cant attack alt walking people no maybe increase 106 cooldown to 3 minutes  you said make it easier for MTF to recontain him it only takes 1 person to recontain 096 -_- and usually there is over 15 MTF half of them surrunding him DON'T forget that security can also recontain him so he is a joke already including 173 and 049 think about the SCPs too please ;-;

Edited by Tweety

Addendum to my previous response. 

Reclently yesterday i met someone who litteraly faced us whenever we tried to bag him. Saying "Oh you can't bag me gotta be behind me"

I believe this needs to be added.

Although, i believe that these rules should be added.

- Where 096 has to be drained to a certain ammount of hp before it can be bagged. So its similar to 939 and 682

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

I made this suggestion due to the fact people like to abuse this rule, also again most people don't even follow this rule to begin with. When a 096 player figures out this rule they just abuse it from my encounters by not turning there backs to me which in lore 096 would not pay attention to me at all. 

• Like 1

Foundation Archivist | Operations Supervisor | SCP-RP Senior Admin Forums Diplomat | Support 1 |

On 10/9/2020 at 3:58 AM, Phillers said:

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

+support

Keep the bagging rule, and remove the "from behind" requirement to avoid petty people who continuously face you.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

+Support

The “walk behind him” rule has been subject as a disgusting example of certain people twisting the rules words to gain an unfair advantage, and to get people who try to bag them in trouble.

I 100% agree with Kuma

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

+Support

The amount of times this has been an issue is uncountable.

+Support to change the rule, not remove it

Ive been worried that this particular aspect of 096 rules could be abused by the 096 player, and this thread confirms my worries.

We'd probably be better off altering the rule slightly to remove the 'behind' phrasing, and just make it so he can be bagged when he's not in a rage state, or something similar

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png