Trench Knife Suggestion [Completed]

ZJ

What are you suggesting? -  The trench knife damage be reduced to 50 damage a hit.

How would this change better the server? - Security won't get continually  killed by a non-crafted weapon that does 100 dmg a shot. I think since the item isn't crafted they get several of them with NO nlr make it  a OP weapon in its current state. I'd like to state that another reason it is OP is you only have to peak a corner quickly to hit someone with one and then go back into cover. This causes it to be harder to detect where it is coming from as well as it being mostly silent when used. Unlike most weapons that require you to be out of cover to hit someone for the entire duration of firing.

Since nobody seems to be reading my reply we tested this. If you stand up on the fence they go through, as well as the Lounge area

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Dclass will likely complain about it.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Security and the facility in general.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by ZJ
  • Like 1

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

+support 

Current Ranks Chaos Insurgency CMDR Jrshafer | Security 2LT | Assistant Chief of EMS 

Former Ranks!
Former Alpha-1 Captain Former Physician Former Deputy Head of 
Security Armored Shield Former Member of the Community Blacklist Team

Just now, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

-support the trench knife only does that much damage because it takes skill to use ALSO it's easy to counter just go behind a fence or just walk side to side. Also most guns do more damage and d class only have 100-150 hp so they're not hard to kill.

Gensec have a fence for a reason.

Agreed.

-Support

Thats a 50% damage nerf. Although, d class isn't suppose to be better/balanced to security in any way shape or form, but without d class this server wouldn't be as successful as it is. With this massive nerf d class will be upset a lot, and may make people have no motivation to play as d class. Personally, the trench knife is insanely hard to play and is delayed asf so hitting a shot does take some skill. While I don't think any changes should be made to this weapon, I would be more inclined to be okay with it if it was something like nydekore said like 80.

• Like 2

oofwill2.png

-Support

I swear if another fucking weapon I buy gets nerfed I'm gonna be hella pissed.

• Like 1

Nu7 MSGT | Ex CI R&D AIN | Ex Sec 2LT | Ex OS | Ex CI 2LT

[CC] Owns: OPIF - Omnipurpose Infantry Force | Charple on Vacation | Vonzen Plushi | CI Take Force 'Blackhawks'

[CC] On: Farmer Jakub | MTF Sigma-66 | E-11 Rangers 'Reborn' | TF2 Solider | CI TF2 Heavy | Obama | Lone Wolf | Combine | STARS

1130161669_GarrysmodScreenshot2022_01.30-20_27_06.70(2)_LI.jpg.c6723c46c24ad245a3dc168769f7c8cc.jpg

18 minutes ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

-support the trench knife only does that much damage because it takes skill to use ALSO it's easy to counter just go behind a fence or just walk side to side. Also most guns do more damage and d class only have 100-150 hp so they're not hard to kill.

🤼‍♀️

removed ci general toaster

Ad-468x90-removebg-preview.png.8e07acf530dac2bf477e3a66beb599ba.png

33 minutes ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

+support, you can literally throw it through the fences and walls, it also ignores riot shields

Also it really isn't that hard to aim you just gotta aim a little ahead of where they moving too, any weapon a dclass has access too shouldn't 4 hit a CC IMO.
that being said maybe like 70 or 80 would be more fair, and those that don't want it nerfed cause you paid for it I get it's annoting, but you gotta understand weapons are gonna be nerfed/buffed throughout there time on the server if deemed necessary.

Edited by Meridian

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

44 minutes ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

If you stand up on the fence they go through, as well as the Lounge area

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

44 minutes ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

46 minutes ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

It is so hard to aim that thing. If someone is crouch jumping you can barely hit them.

-Support

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

1 hour ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

3 hours ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

Retried: CI LTCMDR CI R&D AIN, E11 CPT, and Research Assistant Manager.

- Support for such a hard nerf.

+ Support to having the "pass through walls/doors" glitch be fixed. Maybe a small damage nerf to 90? Nothing too major.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

17 hours ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘧𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥! 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘥! 𝘈-𝘉 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘴 you farted!i

f i get banned who cares i've had my fun 

49 total warns 🤑

10 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support for such a hard nerf.

+ Support to having the "pass through walls/doors" glitch be fixed. Maybe a small damage nerf to 90? Nothing too major.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

21 hours ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

bro this would make swinging it even more useless 
right now swinging it you have a 1/100 chance to hit and throwing it can bug out and not hit 

massive -support 

SHOOT THEM

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic