General Suggestion - Nerf the Thompson Contender G2 - Denied

Jameshi34

6 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support, 

This would do nothing for the lower classes that die to the gun, only help strong classes, especially MTF presence in D Block, that already survive easily since they can escape and heal.

Would like to add most of the hits to models without limb damage do roughly 95-100 most of the time.

Officer has a combined total 150-2*95= still a 2 hit

LCPL has 200-3*95= A 3 hit, but most of the time already it still is a 3 hit.

CPL has 225-3*95= still a 3 hit

New JrNCO has 275-3*95= would still be around an average of 3 hits factoring this model takes limb damage/ headshots

New NCO has 300-3*95= would still be around an average of 3 hits factoring this model takes limb damage/ headshots

You can do the other jobs but since these are the main jobs that are affected by the gun damage after 3 hits there has been plenty of time to strategize a run to somewhere to heal.

[Just Apple I Suppose]

spacer.png

- Support
Awful idea. Why nerf the gun when its pretty much up to the player? If you are fighting against it, just spam crouch while moving left to right, no one can hit you even if they are one of the best. 

Doesn't security have a sniper class? You know, with an AWP? That weapon is way more consistent and doesn't have to reload after every single shot + it deals more damage and there can be a decent amount of snipers + Nu7 can get called in or E11 could be stationed in front of D block.

Also riot control exists, camp at the purple line and trade shots, you will win 9/10 times unless there is 3 contendors shooting you at the same time.

Edited by Yato Sensei

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support, 

This would do nothing for the lower classes that die to the gun, only help strong classes, especially MTF presence in D Block, that already survive easily since they can escape and heal.

Would like to add most of the hits to models without limb damage do roughly 95-100 most of the time.

New JrNCO has 275-3*95= would still be around an average of 3 hits factoring this model takes limb damage/ headshots

New NCO has 300-3*95= would still be around an average of 3 hits factoring this model takes limb damage/ headshots

You can do the other jobs but since these are the main jobs that are affected by the gun damage after 3 hits there has been plenty of time to strategize a run to somewhere to heal.

8 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support, 

"𝘕𝘰 𝘐 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'
'𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘦'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯' 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘧 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯'?"

-Retired CI MAJ Zero

Its a one-shot-reload pistol, and I made it do 110 for a reason.

It still does worse than any other weapon that uses sniper ammo anyways.

D-Block will inevitably be changed again, so we'll see.

Edited by Bread
  • Like 1

lol, lmao even

-Support, 

-Support, 

1 hour ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support
Awful idea. Why nerf the gun when its pretty much up to the player? If you are fighting against it, just spam crouch while moving left to right, no one can hit you even if they are one of the best. 

Doesn't security have a sniper class? You know, with an AWP? That weapon is way more consistent and doesn't have to reload after every single shot + it deals more damage and there can be a decent amount of snipers + Nu7 can get called in or E11 could be stationed in front of D block.

Also riot control exists, camp at the purple line and trade shots, you will win 9/10 times unless there is 3 contendors shooting you at the same time.

Changing to -Support for now until the new map comes.

Free From GL ❤️

15 hours ago, Sixx said:

+Support

That sniper is pathetically OP for D-Class to have, a nerf is needed to it. 

I say this if we go back to getting a d-block like site 05. But right now you guys and gals can just easily hide behind the elevator where we can't shoot you and are able to heal up as your out of combat. Prolonging your lifespan where you can take out multiple people. 

But it depends on the map change so + support for now

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

10 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support, 

- Support

2 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support

The Thompson Contender literally has 1 shot in the mag, and half of the time does a little over 80 dmg. Honestly, I get countered so easily by the Sniper class and Riot Control I barely use the Contender and just use the Deagle or the Tec-9. The chances of 1-2 D Class killing even 5 Security in D Block with a Thompson is very low, and only extremely experienced players can do it for the most part. Overall -Support

Imperial RP] Ex-Gamemaster| Ex-Starfighter Corps. Officer| Ex-Onyx Squad Officer| Ex-Inferno Squad Squadron Leader| Ex-Shadow Guard Officer VII| INO Chad. 
SCP RP] 
Retired-Nu7 1st Lieutenant| Ex-GENSEC Master Sergeant and Junior Warden| Retired-Chaos Insurgency 1st Lieutenant| Zeta-19| Epic Payday Gang(2nd ever)| Ex-A1 Guardian| Ex-Event Team Member.
"You are a quarter of a million strong, and you shoot well, but what if I showed of with 500,000 men? What would you do?" -Kaiser Wilhelm II "We would shoot twice, and we'd go home" -Swiss Militiaman

naruto shippuden GIF

10 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

-Support, 

-SUPPORT

- support reason above 😕

Edited by Snowwx
mistake

Just a FRENCH BOY that love to watch anime and eat cookies

RETIRED Nu7 DHFE MAJ | HSU S8 RRH Guardian Alpha 5 Moderator 

Current: Medical Supervisor/ECM/DHFTO                       

I'm confused, has this weapon received any buffs at all? IIRC, this weapon has always been a D-Class main, and has done the same amount of damage. 

-/+Support 

I own a CC with this gun, and I obviously don't want it nerfed it cause I'm biased. However, I also don't know if it has been buffed at all in the past few months.

Also, I understand my opinion won't mean much due to me not playing anymore, but if I do start playing again, I don't want a weak CC.

Edited by Gunther
  • Dislike 6

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

Switching to a -Support due to the map changes coming soon.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

+/- would be better for gensec to have better control over riots and not lose d block so often

but then d boys would have to use smgs and pistol since it seems that a sniper is basically their only way to over run dblock

On 3/4/2021 at 1:26 AM, Mind Stone said:

+Support

A sniper that can 2 shot OFC-LCPL is totally unfair for them. Class-D Shouldn't have a weapon that powerful.

like mind said this is unfair to a lot of lower classes like OFC as they can't defend their self from a sniper with a SMG.

but then d boys would have to use smgs and pistol since it seems that a sniper is basically their only way to over run dblock

@Slidezzhave you seen the CC with the G Man model and the SMG? slaps Riot Control to no tomorrow.

Edited by Cloaker

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team

2 hours ago, Sixx said:

Switching to a -Support due to the map changes coming soon.

Yeah and I would like to say that the Contender should stay like this because GenSec has gotten a better arsenal.

That and when I am on usually the way we counter it is just one riot shield and one shotgun easy. 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

On 3/4/2021 at 9:16 AM, Dang said:

- SUPPORT

- I just personally think Gensec have far stronger classes now with much better HP and Armor stats that can easily counter the Contender for example Gensec Sniper class. 

Lead Researcher M || Gensec SM // E11 CPL James

Just like Spud

For this current map +Support but if it starts not becoming an issue in the new map thats coming, this might change.

CI RnD Special Agent || Experienced Medic

Retired Security Lieutenant Colonel || The 3rd Head of Wardens

Retired Red Right Hand, Guardian Squadron, "Sierra 45"