General Suggestion - Splitting Utility Trainee - Accepted [Completed]

Freakin Francois

What are you suggesting? 

Splitting the current Utility Trainee into Medical Trainee and Maintenance Trainee.

How would this change better the server? 

Many people do not know how to join medical. If joining were to be more obvious, people could join a branch they may enjoy more.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. 

Maintenance will have less trainees.

Who would this change mostly benefit? 

People who wish to join Medical and the branch as a whole.

Additional Comments

Not completely sure why this wasn't added initially, but there seems to be no reason to use a combined trainee that spawns far from the medical bay. Even if there is no change to where the trainees spawn, simply having the class would easily provide clarification on how to join the branch. As I believe changing the spawn for the new Medical Trainee would be beneficial, this could be fixed at a later date.

Edited by Freakin Francois
  • Like 1

• Freakin Francois changed the title to General Suggestion - Splitting Utility Trainee

Huge +Support

- When I train utility trainees, I start by asking if they want to be trained for medical or maintenance. The majority of the time they tell me they didn't even know they could train for medical.

- New players that spawn in the maintenance training room are generally just moved into a maintenance training as they don't question their options

- There is no real downside to this

- We have room in medical bunks for a training room (i.e. sectioned spawn or taking over the office that no one uses)

• Like 1

OL4 | EMS

Just now, Dr Wolfgang Neumann said:

Huge +Support

- When I train utility trainees, I start by asking if they want to be trained for medical or maintenance. The majority of the time they tell me they didn't even know they could train for medical.

- New players that spawn in the maintenance training room are generally just moved into a maintenance training as they don't question their options

- We have room in medical bunks for a training room (i.e. sectioned spawn or taking over the office that no one uses)

this is for a branch update, can only be done by the highest ranking member of a branch, and since this is technically for both it would have to go through doggo, the DOL. Next time your thinking about making a suggestion that changes the job of a branch go through command first. Idc if it changes or not it doesn't really effect anything.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

1 hour ago, Jack (utility one) said:

this is for a branch update, can only be done by the highest ranking member of a branch, and since this is technically for both it would have to go through doggo, the DOL. Next time your thinking about making a suggestion that changes the job of a branch go through command first. Idc if it changes or not it doesn't really effect anything.

Yeah, this is more of a branch update, as the jobs will need a description, weapons etc. I will talk with command and if they agree I will include this in the next utility branch update suggestion.

• Like 1

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

+ Support
It only makes sense that they are split into two 😛 

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Doggo0 said:

Yeah, this is more of a branch update, as the jobs will need a description, weapons etc. I will talk with command and if they agree I will include this in the next utility branch update suggestion.

Gensec LTCOL | Deputy Head Warden S.T.A.R.S. Michael Jones Enthusiast

do you are have stupid?                                   goodjob.PNG.9c25ffc1a65cd99790254177add16546.PNG

Mega + Support
- I really like this suggestion
- the idea is great

Maintenance Expert ll Ex. Foremen ll Ex. EFM ll Ex. Senior Technician ll Ex. RRH Engineer Squad Leader Golf 1 ll One of the Greatest minges ll  I'M NOT A RANG SIMP Troll face  ll Ex. Umbrella Corporation CMDR

10 hours ago, Dr Wolfgang Neumann said:

Huge +Support

Current: Security DCoS | SM | DHFW | EXCM | RMS | FTO | Secret Service DCOO

Retired: Nu-7 CPT

On 2/21/2021 at 5:16 AM, Dr Wolfgang Neumann said:

Huge +Support

+Support

I have no clue why it isnt a thing already 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

• 2 years later...