Allow Community Blacklists To Be Appealable- Denied

DooM Guy

Now I know what you're think but please hear me out. I know community black lists are handed down to some of most vial people. But people change and sometimes giving people a second chance is better then not giving them any chances. GL is once of the best gmod community's out there (IMO) and it's a shame to see people not able to ever come back because of something in they did in the past was stupid. I myself know from experience (Irl ofc) but even I changed from my old self. It's a shame to see people leave the community because they did something dumb. It's a shame I'll pro never see players like Ritz again or Shaquavis because of something dumb they did. I truly think community black lists should be appealable. I obviously think SMT shouldn't be accepting community blacklist appeals will nilly, but they to see if they changed first. People being rascist or offensive to other people is a big no no, but again people change. I propose we have the appeals open under the "General" tab of the forms and Managers or HOS can deal with those appeals but you can do what you want ig. But everyone has different opinions.

So thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

687515010_Screenshot2021-05-12013101.png.d685e9dcb10c05e7081de12f3296b980.png

- support

for a whole community blacklist it has to be a pretty major offence 

most times its a more grow up person or teen. so they know what there and there actions have consequences 

and if its a little kid being stupid we give them that good life lesson of the actions have consequences and not to say dumb shit

and its a gmod community its not a huge loss like a job. maybe this can even teach them how to act accordingly 

This is to protect the whole community and keep people from harming this great community and make it stay amazing 

Edited by Vice

Retired Great Lake Side Police Deputy Chief of Police| Reserve PD Col | Rouge 141 operative| Harry Duke Member| Previous Senior Admin| Previous US Core VCMDR/ US Drill Instructors Commander/ US Military Police Chief/ Spetnaz Reserve 1LT.

US GFH25 Delta Force Operative Chairman Designation A259 - SCO19 Chief Superintendent 

-Support
Now i would want to +Support but here are some things. and i agree with Vice

Yes People can change but its not guaranteed. Let say for Shaq. Shaq was a great til the day. and if your saying he was doing stupid stuff. Well, Putting a IP Grabber in the Command Discord doesnt help. Because it easily can get you DDos And it was cause alot of harm to those that were unlucky to click it. Even if it was fake or just a terrible joke. You're still commiting a major offence. Community Blacklisted are to be there not just to protect the server/Discord. But the entire community itself. Which gives the name Community Blacklist.

[SCP:RP]Retired Assistant Head of Medical|Former E-11 SM|Former GamingLight Admin|Minge of :V| Former OM1

nah -REP

EX. Ninth Sister, EX. Shock VCMDR, EX E-11 LT, EX General Grevious, EX Senate VCMDR EX Minge      Member Since October 2016                                                            Contact me on Discord @Frozty#5501 for any questions or concerns 

-Support

If you fucked up to the point you get CB'd you shouldn't be able to comback.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

21 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

Its a community blacklist for a reason
-Support

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

On 10/17/2020 at 2:53 AM, Vice said:

- support

most times its a more grow up person or teen. so they know what there and there actions have consequences 

and if its a little kid being stupid we give them that good life lesson of the actions have consequences and not to say dumb shit

and its a gmod community its not a huge loss like a job. maybe this can even teach them how to act accordingly 

This is to protect the whole community and keep people from harming this great community and make it stay amazing 

Former ImperialRP JMT, SNR GM, Shock Commander

[Staff of The Month For November 2020]

On 10/17/2020 at 3:26 AM, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support

There’s  a community blacklist for a reason. They must have done something really bad for it to happen. SMT always has the right judgement when blacklisting someone.

Edited by Pvp_Savage6767

FBI SAIC 

PD CPL 

Member since September of 2018

On 10/17/2020 at 1:53 AM, Vice said:

- support

SPRT Staff SGT                           OG SGT                                          State MSTRSGT                                          

- support

SMT dont randomly blacklist people, if they do its for a good reason... -support

R Imperial RP General =-= Retired GM-SNR Admin =-= Staff of the month Oct. 2020

Shock VCMDR/CMDR  |  January 23 - August 29th 

Brutally honest Doom Guy the reason CB's are a thing is because regardless if they changed or not  we don't want them in our community. This is the point of a CB it is to basically say we don't want you in our community go to a different one. 

-Support 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

No we should not. We should NOT let community blacklists be appealed. Community blacklists are given to people for an actual reason such as being a lying fuck or threatening to DDoS a server. If one's community blacklisted, it means they really fucked up, I don't care if it was an "accident" from them. They should stay comm blacklisted, they're not welcome in here.

-support

• Head of Staff
On 10/17/2020 at 2:26 AM, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

On 10/16/2020 at 11:53 PM, Vice said:

- support

I feel this rule will never change, CB are unappealable 

• 3 weeks later...

- support

|PD Captain|UMC LVL 2|Deputy Dispatch Director|

"I love the rain"

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

Denied

First of all, I would like to thank you for your suggestion! Our community truly runs off of suggestions and it is much appreciated. For the reasons stated above this suggestion has been denied because we do not believe that it will benefit the community or can have foreseeable related issues.