Stop sniping D-Class in LDB "for holding weapons" - Denied

BadTimeInbound

What are you suggesting? -  For it to be clarified in the MOTD that GenSec CANNOT snipe D-class for holding weapons in lower D-block.  It's a hole in the MOTD many use to boost their K/D's and it needs to be stopped. (Obviously people who are using said weapons to attack GenSec from down there can still be killed.)

How would this change better the server? -  D-class can be free to wander LDB without GenSec breathing down their necks.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  None.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - D-Class.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Yes, I'm salty.

Edited by BadTimeInbound
  • Dislike 2

-Support

I know it may be infuriating to be killed in LDB by a GenSec, but that's why we have snipers. It's to stop D-class who are having weapons out, I only shoot D-class wondering around with a weapon. They are always ones to start trouble, if you vibe with a glock-18 in your hand and expect not to be shot, like what? How hard is it to just put the weapon away while you wait your time to go up the elevator. 

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

7 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

I mean, D-Class are prisoners. It's completely reasonable for GENSEC to shoot their prisoners if they're armed.

Oh Noooooooooooooo I got shot for having a weapon im not supposed to have!

• Laughing 1

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

56 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

I mean, D-Class are prisoners. It's completely reasonable for GENSEC to shoot their prisoners if they're armed.

49 minutes ago, Comrade Boekhom said:

Oh Noooooooooooooo I got shot for having a weapon im not supposed to have!

I mean why wouldn’t they shoot at you, especially if it’s a gun. -support

Is this because of when I sniped you when u were shooting ur pistol into UDB on the grug job

or was that someone else

eitherway - support. Reasons above

Edited by Jack II

Rejected from the gaminglight community

-Support

Your holding an illegal wepon, why wouldn't we shoot you. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

-Support

Aside from the reasons above, I see this becoming an issue for staff for lots of RDMs.  Suppose a D-Class shoots an officer at/on the ledge  from lower D-Block and the officer fires back. They may mistake an innocent D-Class as the instigator and kill him. 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

2 hours ago, Sixx said:

-Support

Your holding an illegal wepon, why wouldn't we shoot you. 

They are supposed to be unarmed prisoners in a secure foundation, Gensec have every right to shoot armed d class

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

There is no hole in the MOTD. It's part of our SOP regardless. If SMT / Site Admin wanted it changed, they fully well could. 

Additionally, it is quite easy to put your weapons away while in LDB. Just take your keys out. Like everyone else is saying, it makes sense in RP.

In the future, please do not use suggestions as a means to accuse Security of circumventing MOTD when we are doing no such thing.