Complete whitelist reset - Denied

Mind Stone

What you want to see? - I want to see if it would be at all possible to do a whitelist reset. There are MANY inactive people who are not on the roster who still can get on their old jobs. This can be a problem because they will not know what has changed in the time they have been gone. Many of you reading this will say "it is unnecessary" and "pointless". If you have seen the whitelist menu, then you would know each slide contains exactly 50 whitelists. The Security Officer slot has 103 tabs. 103 x 50 = 5,150 people with the whitelist. There are only about 500 in the security discord. For LCPL's, there are 22 tabs. 22 x 50 = 1,100. CPL's, there are 11. 11 x 50 = 550. The list just goes on. If you check the security roster, you will notice we are nowhere near these numbers. Also just today, 3 SO's (yes SO's. From like September got on and RDM'ed  A1, command and Class D.

Why should we add it? -  

1. Clears up space

2. Prevents people who dont know the updated rules from getting on and breaking them.

3. It has not been cleared up EVER.

What are the advantages of having this? -  SEE ABOVE

Who is it mainly for? - I only have access to security so I couldn't put any other branches in but it is for everyone.

Links to any content -  N/A

Like I said above, many of you will see this as unnecessary but why not do it? It will be more beneficial for everyone! Please consider.

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

26 minutes ago, Bread said:

I go through all Nu7 whitelists 1-2 times a month, it's really the responsibility of the High Command members of each branch to keep whitelists up to date. 

*cough* Gensecs with their 5000+ whitelisted SO (no really I counted and if you don't, believe me, you can count them your self!)

But honestly, I understand some branches will have a harder time keeping their whitelist neat and tidy and tidy, is simply dude to them being the first branch people join and because of that your retention rate is going to be much lower, as a result, you can't really keep up with it.

Having something where they can Delete whitelist older than 1 month, would help them out.

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

3 hours ago, starr said:

+support

mainly for gensec, utility, and research tho

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

5 hours ago, starr said:

+support

mainly for gensec, utility, and research tho

Ex MTF Alpha 1 Captain 

45 minutes ago, Hoovy said:

-Support

This would cause so many problems over the time after it happens. Like so so many.

Perhaps it could a bi-yearly thing? Every 6 months reset the whitelists of people and only do Officers, because obviously if an LCPL+ goes inactive, we have the tools and the means to remove them.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

2 hours ago, Hoovy said:

-Support

This would cause so many problems over the time after it happens. Like so so many.

Such as...

We would only need to do it once and possibly (with high command permission) do it every 6 months like Gunther said.

Also, its just gonna get worse before it gets better. Everyday more and more people join many of which go inactive. We should do it now before there are too many and then just maintain it over time.

Edited by Mind Stone

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

Waste of time especially for ranks that aren't on the roster like SO. However, officers that have the ability ingame to remove someone's whitelist should be doing it regardless if they are removed.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

30 minutes ago, th3 said:

Waste of time especially for ranks that aren't on the roster like SO. However, officers that have the ability ingame to remove someone's whitelist should be doing it regardless if they are removed.

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

7 hours ago, th3 said:

besides if you dont have the SO whitelist what are you doing with your life? (jk)

RETINA BURN BOI