Sign in to follow this  
Samm

What made you want to start playing GMod?

Just wondering what made people want to start playing Garry's Mod, I am sure everyone has a different story.

Me personally, I watched a LOT of VanossGaming and [Gmod Trollers] when I was younger, so I just kinda bought it.

MTF A1 CPT || CI SGM

Friends had it, it went on sale decided to buy it for no real reason and messed around on sandbox, than just didn't play. Realized Multiplayer was a thing eventually and well it was the best thing I had found out.

MilRP:  4 Star General of RU || Super Admin 

SCPRP: Former Alpha-1 LTCOL || Former Nu-7 CPT  CWRP: Lieutenant General R.I.P CWRP 

It was a combination from youtubers i watch and friends of me playing it that got me to buy it. 

Ex MTF Alpha 1 Captain Former SCPRP Senior Moderator

CEO Of Minge

For a FOxhole clan I played in, we were doing Gmod TTT night (Game was 2 bucks so a friend bought it for me) . Then one of my irl friends was like "Hey, come play with me and [His Cousin] (Which ended up being GL SCPRP)

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"It's not the Command that make the Branch, but it's the people in it."- Inaccurate

Assistant Head of Medical Staff | Admin for SCP-RP

Well I had seen dark rp videos all the time and started playing that got really tired of that quickly started bouncing around on gamemode to gamemode till I stumbleded on police rp then from police rp by roleplaying took off 

~Mervin - A lot of retired things :))

SCP-RP Security JFTO SM

i was watching buncha gmod videos and felt like trying it out

MTF E11 HFTO COL Jakub 315M, Joined 15 March 2O19

uyi59wkt.jpg

My cousin was talking to me about it and I was able to get it

TheJayden | PoliceRP PD Major | Delta Squad Master Sergeant | Admin | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

i bought the game

ImperialRP Staff of The Month (January 2020)

I woke up to see a random person bought it for me, I thanked them, then they just disappeared.

youtube

MTF E11 HFTO COL Jakub 315M, Joined 15 March 2O19

uyi59wkt.jpg

1 minute ago, Jakub said:

youtube

same

I somehow found TTT videos on youtube, years ago, and it looked like a ton of fun. So I bought it. For years, I only played gmod to play various mini-gamemodes every so often or just to minge on stupid servers. I initially joined SCP-RP to minge on it just for laughs with friends. And then I somehow got super into it, and now here I am, more than a month later, still playing it. 

My brother traded with someone and he got Gmod and I never really knew much of Gmod until I watched videos about it 

Posted (edited)

I got GMOD back in 2012/2013 on a different account because I thought it looked cool. I played it for like 1000 hours, but unfortunately, I lost that account that I had GMOD on when I changed PCs from a Windows 7 to a Windows 8.1 in early/mid 2015.

I decided to buy it (GMOD) again once I made this account. Loved it ever since.

(For those of you who check my profile and see it was created on March 30th, 2016,  I created my account around early to mid 2015. But I didn't activate steam guard until 2016. Steam counts your years of service of the amount of years you've had steam guard on for.)

(If that's not the case, then that's bugged as hell because I swear I made this account in early - mid 2015.)

Edited by [icOnic] BonkBoeink

-OG Minge

I just watched videos, I believe uberhaxornova on like death run or something like that and when I got a computer, I played it.