General Suggestion - The "Neutral CC" issue [Completed]

Dagger

What are you suggesting? - This has been on my mind, as well as what I assume is a lot of people's minds for a good while. This post is particular concerning the "Nobody" CC, although concerns all CCs that have decided to identify as "Neutral". 

I'm going to put it very bluntly, there is no place on SCPRP for a DarkRP Hitman. The idea of a job that is neutral to both the Foundation and CI is certainly quite intriguing, and if done right could definitely enhance roleplay, key words being "if done right".  As of now, the "roleplay" introduced by the Nobody CC is as follows: Get paid by someone to do something, mostly involving killing a fellow Foundation member. Kill this Foundation member as well as any witnesses, then proceed to go on an RDMing spree once an AOS/KOS is inevitably called before dying. Then respawn and do it all over again. Why is this an issue? Because they will then proceed to immediately go back to being a hitman once NLR is over. This isn't roleplay, this is RDMing people with extra steps. So many times I've seen newer players get randomly killed by a Nobody CC, report them to staff, and ultimately be told that there's nothing the staff can do. And that brings up another issue, as far as I'm aware there are no rules in the MOTD regarding Neutral CCs.  How are staff supposed to enforce rules on a job that doesn't have any rules written down to begin with?

I am suggesting the immediate suspension of all "Neutral CCs" and have them be repurposed into D-Class CCs for the time being, at least until an actual set of guidelines and rules are put into place. What would these new rules be? I've got a few ideas. For one, they would now spawn on surface. Secondly, just because they neutral with the Foundation, it doesn't mean security personnel aren't going to freak out if they see some random dude in a trench coat running around. So realistically, if they are seen onsite without proper authorization Foundation personnel can AOS them at their discretion. This would go the same for CI, believe it or not a literal terrorist organization isn't going to like some random guys poking around in their business. Lastly, give them access to /open. This would allow them to RP their way onsite and gain actual clearance to be there. 

How would this change better the server? - Literally just make it so people don't have to worry about being randomly gunned down by a job that is supposed to be "Neutral".

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - It would make Neutral CC members sad they can't do whatever they want.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone except Neutral CC members.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

• Like 2

Former CI CPT Ender CE3650 / C5 Cataphract V / D1 Freeman I

spacer.png

+Support
Have seen this happen on the Staff side of things and has caused a few newer players to just out right leave the game because of how unfair it is. With the new map and zones as well, it is a nightmare to try and figure out where they can and cannot go, and it just makes MTF and their lives a little more annoying. The server has changes so much since "Neutral CCs" were a thing, and I think it is time to put all of that to rest in the past. If people did pay for neutral CCs (unsure if they DID have to pay for them, as I wasn't around for when they were popular) but could give them a discount if so. 

If you wanna play as a Hitman, go to DarkRP.

Free From GL ❤️

12 hours ago, Mary said:

+Support
Have seen this happen on the Staff side of things and has caused a few newer players to just out right leave the game because of how unfair it is. With the new map and zones as well, it is a nightmare to try and figure out where they can and cannot go, and it just makes MTF and their lives a little more annoying. The server has changes so much since "Neutral CCs" were a thing, and I think it is time to put all of that to rest in the past. If people did pay for neutral CCs (unsure if they DID have to pay for them, as I wasn't around for when they were popular) but could give them a discount if so. 

The best D class player to ever exist

UwU >:3

Security best branch

Owns: D-3621

13 hours ago, Mary said:

+Support

+Support
Kind of more of a CC report but I understand why it's a suggestion, neutral CC's don't really belong n that's why they were removed to begin with

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

5 hours ago, K I W I said:

+Support
Kind of more of a CC report but I understand why it's a suggestion, neutral CC's don't really belong n that's why they were removed to begin with

Ong also do they would stop bitching (not trying to be rude) but they seem to do it a lot just because they are “neutral” so they have “different” rules 

Retired Nu-7 Vice Commander Pure

10 minutes ago, Pure said:

Ong also do they would stop bitching (not trying to be rude) but they seem to do it a lot just because they are “neutral” so they have “different” rules 

Adding onto this (this will be my last reply) there is literally NO WAY to prove that a CC is "neutral." Normal members of the forums can't view old CC posts, and people saying "Oh, yeah, this CC is neutral." just looks so bad. Causes so many issues with Staff, normal RP, and so many other things. Removing them, or only having ONE Neutral CC that has SET RULES made by SMT would be very nice.

Free From GL ❤️

+ support 

I feel like a lot of people are confused because the nobody CC's model was used for a d-class CC for a long time before it became neutral. 

MTF E-11 DoRCU 2LT Trout

MTF O-1 CPL Calypso

Retired Maintenance Command

+Support 

I think some of these are already in place (probably could be wrong) but yeah, it really wouldn't be a problem if there were some guidelines 

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

just to clarify the nobody cc already has guide lines in place and im open to changing them if any one has any ideas as to what should be changed about them 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hnCwh9dhoIfpAUfies6SaDMqeJ8oBqvd480N_g4umOA/edit#gid=1032559649

and keep in mind I will remove anyone who doesn't follow these guidelines of the cc if you have any such evidence ill be happy to look at it 

also the nobody cc already spawns on surface I have no idea where the claim that we spawn in the foundation comes from and regarding more rules about the nobody cc/proof is neutral cc/where it can or cant go all of those are already in the CCs description and it was made mandatory for all members of the nobody cc to explain the rules of the cc to anyone who asked so if you were to ask them im quite sure that they will be happy to explain how it works.

I would like to also mention that kevlar has talked with snar quite recently regarding neutral CCs and how they should be handled and they agreed that they would stay just spawn on surface instead of in the facility  

Edited by lookatdatface

On 5/12/2023 at 2:16 AM, Mary said:

+Support

On 5/12/2023 at 5:42 PM, K I W I said:

+Support

|   Head Administrator  |  Director of Intelligence  |

| Death Trooper Commander Epsilon-11 Commander Alpha-1 Commander High General Goat | Shock Vice Commander |

55 minutes ago, lookatdatface said:

just to clarify the nobody cc already has guide lines in place and im open to changing them if any one has any ideas as to what should be changed about them 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hnCwh9dhoIfpAUfies6SaDMqeJ8oBqvd480N_g4umOA/edit#gid=1032559649

and keep in mind I will remove anyone who doesn't follow these guidelines of the cc if you have any such evidence ill be happy to look at it 

also the nobody cc already spawns on surface I have no idea where the claim that we spawn in the foundation comes from and regarding more rules about the nobody cc/proof is neutral cc/where it can or cant go all of those are already in the CCs description and it was made mandatory for all members of the nobody cc to explain the rules of the cc to anyone who asked so if you were to ask them im quite sure that they will be happy to explain how it works  

Welp I wish I had this Doc earlier, 

These Rules should be put in the MOTD of the server, this would  just help anyone who has to interact with them and also help staff to see what’s going on. 

i would even say posting these rules would make the removal of the neutral CC unecressary so the confusions would he cleared up. 

Which is why we have this discussion in the first place. 

2 hours ago, lookatdatface said:

also the nobody cc already spawns on surface I have no idea where the claim that we spawn in the foundation comes from and regarding more rules about the nobody cc/proof is neutral cc/where it can or cant go all of those are already in the CCs description and it was made mandatory for all members of the nobody cc to explain the rules of the cc to anyone who asked so if you were to ask them im quite sure that they will be happy to explain how it works  

forgot to add a screenshot of the description: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2974391398

1 hour ago, Boesermaster said:

Welp I wish I had this Doc earlier, 

These Rules should be put in the MOTD of the server, this would  just help anyone who has to interact with them and also help staff to see what’s going on. 

i would even say posting these rules would make the removal of the neutral CC unecressary so the confusions would he cleared up. 

Which is why we have this discussion in the first place. 

We have discussed the rules with SMT and they were approved, but their addition to the MOTD was denied if I am not wrong.

Like I said in previous posts about the CC, we are not here to make the playfield un-fun for anyone, this CC has existed for a long while and for now will continue to exist.

Our job is not only to kill people for money, it is to roleplay.

You guys may not see the roleplay side of the job because you might have been on the recieving end of a hit request once or twice and now that's all you can focus on.

We do:

Hits 

Raids

Bodyguarding

Kidnaps

Tests

Defend D Block

And anything as long as it doesn't break the rules of the CC.

This post is an over exaggeration and should be taken with a grain of salt, and even though I appreciate your concern for the wellbeing of the community and I will ALWAYS continue to encourage everyone to make suggestions,

-Support.

• Dislike 1

Former: SeniorMod - Security CPT - Research RAM RHH Guardian Alpha 99-Agent Purple Rain

CCs: Kosher Inspectors - Security Black Ops - The Jokerz - Nobody

522575323_onepieceforums.png.98e609e9ad63d4c4031c515873bebb7e.png

I am honestly laughing at the really terrible attempt to try and act like there is nothing wrong with this CC.

+Support

You can't make rules that's SMT, your rules have never been formally acknowledged so don't mean shiet.

Also, yall don't RP that's just a plain fuckin lie. Someone gives you money and you do what they tell you. There is nothing RP about that.

Butchered black ops and made nobody annoying as hell for everyone. We are on a roll people! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+support

I first discovered neutral CC’s existence as a senior admin. Take that in. Either I was a horrible staff member (kudos to you if you get the sudden urge to skull or laugh emoji this post, you humorous creature) OR they are a scar on the server from a bygone era which has no present place within it to the point that their existence was nearly forgotten. They could be interesting but the way they are currently utilized simply isn’t, it’s just RDM as the post pointed out.

Edited by Nydekore
  • Skull 2

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

On 5/11/2023 at 11:16 PM, Mary said:

+Support

Former MTF Nu7 VCMDR Admin

Former GenSec CPT / Deputy Head Warden